Insert Boot Media Device

I woke up today and my computer won't get past a screen that says Insert Boot Media Device. I'm cash strapped and don't want to take it in for repairs if I do not have too. What could be the problem and is there an easy fix?
    Damn, just remembered that quest after finding Mag'har in Hellfire Peninsula. Suppose to go to Thrall and tell him you found untainted orcs in Outland. If Blizz switches this from Thrall to Garrosh, going to lmfao.

[Zoma]: Warchief Garrosh! I have just discovered orcs in Outland, completely untainted by Mannoroth's felblood!
    Garrosh looks at Zoma and covers his face with his palm.

15+ Year Old Account
    take the side panel off and make sure the Hard Drive is connected properly. Also put your ear right next to the drive when you turn the computer on and see if you can hear it spinning. if you cant, the HD is probably dead

it's likely that the computer cant read the hard drive, so it's defaulting to the next boot locationg (usually cd rom drive) and since theres nothing in there, it's asking you to insert a media (windows install disk) so that it can do something
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    take the side panel off and make sure the Hard Drive is connected properly. Also put your ear right next to the drive when you turn the computer on and see if you can hear it spinning. if you cant, the HD is probably dead

it's likely that the computer cant read the hard drive, so it's defaulting to the next boot locationg (usually cd rom drive) and since theres nothing in there, it's asking you to insert a media (windows install disk) so that it can do something
    Just don't fiddle around with the data or power cables while the computer is on!