Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks for your suggestion Coquine i will check that out.

However i was wondering if anyone knows a good online shop for used Desktops ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xicor View Post
    it isnt possible to get a good computer for 500 dollars, u can get an emachine though. a good computer if u bought the parts would run u 1500 to 2k... maybe 1200 if u get a good deal and dont buy top of the line parts.

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 10:41 PM ----------

no, extra ram doesnt help once u go over 4gb it does jack shit for u.... i run 9gb of ram, i had to turn down mysettings, not because of fps, thatstays at 60, but because my game hits the 32bit 2gb memory limit and crashes.
    The game doesn't crash if you have over 4gb, something is wrong with your system if anything.

Think you guys can recommend a better compt for me? Of if possible (Which I doubt) find upgrades for mine?

I have an emachines EL1333G-01w. It's one of those mini computers.

Specs:
    AMD Anthalon 2850e processor (1.80 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated
    320G HD
    2g DDR2

I got it for a present (First Compt couldnt play wow) from my Mother. It was 300 bucks.

I get 8.1 (My absolute max) fps when I am in the middle of nowhere doing absolutely nothing.
    Av is 5.3 fps.
    My MS is usually good, 70-300 (On a bad day)
    All my stuff is on low.

Help me if ya can, in the meantime ima start saving for a new compt... im looking for one for about 600-700 bucks.
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |

Quote Originally Posted by Kanevil View Post
    Think you guys can recommend a better compt for me? Of if possible (Which I doubt) find upgrades for mine?

I have an emachines EL1333G-01w. It's one of those mini computers.

Specs:
    AMD Anthalon 2850e processor (1.80 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated
    320G HD
    2g DDR2

I got it for a present (First Compt couldnt play wow) from my Mother. It was 300 bucks.

I get 8.1 (My absolute max) fps when I am in the middle of nowhere doing absolutely nothing.
    Av is 5.3 fps.
    My MS is usually good, 70-300 (On a bad day)
    All my stuff is on low.

Help me if ya can, in the meantime ima start saving for a new compt... im looking for one for about 600-700 bucks.
    how in the world did you get to 85 using a comp that gets 5 fps, i am impressed.

Deleted

Yes its possible to make a good enough gaming rig for 400-500$. Since u mentioned u have a monitor, keyboard and mouse already id assume u have another computer around. Id suggest you recycle its components if u can. For example u can recycle its HDD, Case, DVD drive, Wifi cards, etc. That'll save u over 100$. Heres a list of the top components for you budget.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

*Get that cpu, because even though its a dual core. It can actually be unlocked to a 4 core cpu

MSI 870A-G55 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

* Its a good mobo for the money and its rly good at unlocking the other 2 cores on the cpu

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

*The ram is fantastic, better than the other and only costs around 45$ for 4 gigs.

GIGABYTE GV-R567D3-1GI Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

*Look at the ATI 56XX series cards because their rly good and rly low in price. Theres no Nvidia equivalent for the price/performance point.

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

* A cheap 500g drive that works well.

Any 450W-500W PSU. Id suggest look on Newegg for this gear, and u can also find cheap and reliable PSUs there.

Again, id suggest u recycle as many components from any computers u may have to keep the cost lower and improve the quality of the parts u can buy.

My Suggestions (TYOO= take your old one)

CASE: TYOO
    PSU: find out which one you currently have, might be possible to TYOO
    Mobo: MSI 870A-G55 or whatever cheaper you can find
    CPU: AMD Phenom II, either as a quad (x4), or as a triple (x3) or x2 and hope for unlocking
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series , totally agree on those beeing good & cheap,but, as you have 6 GB already, you might even be able to TYOO.
    HDD: TYOO
    GPU: something from AMD also, 6850 or so does deliver okayish performance for small budgets

In comparison to your old "system" (I cannot call that a rig, I'm sorry), it will be like a Ferrari to a 1964 Honda.

HPs are pretty good. If you know what you're doing... Just build it yourself through Newegg or whatever you can find cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    how in the world did you get to 85 using a comp that gets 5 fps, i am impressed.
    Actually I have 4 85's and a 51. And thats a smart Ideah... I never thought of using a new HD and drivers, as for the wifi, I have A Netgear wireless N-300 usb adapter. Thank you for the help, Ill check into these and get back to ya.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:15 PM ----------

Lets say I already have a HD... but I want a bigger one. The new one won't have windows 7 installed on it but the old one will... is there a way to transfer the data... or even double em up and make the memory that much better? My guess is u can double em, but im just making sure.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:28 PM ----------

So I checked out your stuff gmike... and from newegg... it costs about 420 including an <Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply> So far my favorite. I am going to save up for this stuff... have some money coming. Ill get back to you guys with more questions, because I wanna know how computers work and what not. Ill also need some help putting it all together. Thanks all.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 11:51 PM ----------

Hey, what is better, the geforce 8400gs ddr2 512mb or the GIGABYTE GV-R567D3-1GI Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

My guess is the Radeon, but im just checkin
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |