10+ Year Old Account

weird FPS issue.

so basically, my FPS is acting really strange in one certain Display mode, namely Windowed.

Fullscreen mode: 60 fps
    Windowed mode: 58fps
    Windowed mode, with all corners out in the edges: 11fps
    Windowed mode(fullscreen): 58fps

when I have it in windowed mode, with all the corners on the edge of the screen, GPU usage drops from 63% to 10-11%

Images showing what I mean between windowed mode and windowed mode with all corners in the edges:
    Windowed:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/v5lrmw.png
    Windowed mode, with all corners out in the edges:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/339kgmw.png

this started happening today, cant understand what the problem can be

Probably your computer drops 3D acceleration off for some reason when you're running the game Windowed. Have you done something with drivers lately, or tweaked windows or graphics card power features?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I upped the Overclock from 900Mhz to 960Mhz, but that is the only change.
    I dropped them back to 900Mhz and it was still acting up

Edit: Stock and still acting up

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must say I have never encountered this, but you can try Blizz tech support and see if they have any knowledge about it. If you have altered or installed some new programs lately they may cause what vesseblah said, my brother had a sudden fps drop when he let our cousin use his pc, turns out he installed some shit and just clicked away on the shiny buttons that lead to install. Most likely I'm wrong, but there is a slight chance.

Also love your avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    I must say I have never encountered this, but you can try Blizz tech support and see if they have any knowledge about it. If you have altered or installed some new programs lately they may cause what vesseblah said, my brother had a sudden fps drop when he let our cousin use his pc, turns out he installed some shit and just clicked away on the shiny buttons that lead to install. Most likely I'm wrong, but there is a slight chance.

Also love your avatar!
    I managed to get Metro 2033 for free, added to steam and then Steam removed it (from my steam list, can still play it) since it was not ment to be free (nvidia screw up).

But I really doubt a game beeing removed from steam can cause WoW to behave like this in a certain setting =/

I will make a post on the official Wow-europe forums though

Deleted
    I know that can happen if the Windowed mode size was adjusted without setting the display resolution.

Unfortunately WoW does not have the adaptive resizing ability EVE Online has, where the game adjusts its resolution to the window size (So resolutions like 1099x987 are completely normal in that game). This means that WoW instead has to manually get the processor to recalculate the appearance of every single frame because they all need to be rescaled; creating an absolutely massive performance bottleneck.

If you can - try and find a way to reset the Windowed mode size. Start by setting another resolution for example.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-02-07 at 11:09 AM.

why is your fan speed on min? what are your temps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    I know that can happen if the Windowed mode size was adjusted without setting the display resolution.

Unfortunately WoW does not have the adaptive rezising ability EVE Online has, in which it fetches the window size and adjusts the game resolution to fit that. This means that WoW instead has to manually get the processor to recalculate the appearance of every single frame; creating an absolutely massive performance bottleneck.

If you can - try and find a way to reset the Windowed mode size. Start by setting another resolution for example.
    I'll give that a try when I get home (sent form phone)

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    why is your fan speed on min? what are your temps?
    I have watercooling on my PC, so nothing is connected to the Fan connection on the Graphics card

Temps are a wopping 40-42 celcius max on the graphics card, and 60-62 celcius on the CPU

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to me on Nefarian but its even worse. I run WoW on Ultra High (shadows on normal because it looks bad on high) and when crackle happens I get around 1fps ... I seriously doubt its my PC specs since they are more then fine for WoW (cpu kinda meh but its decent 4.0ghz clock at), my guildy also experienced this....

Made a ticket to GM.... Also running Window Mode (fullscreen window mode)...