Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Myrrar is pretty much bang on the buck with all the feedback that they have posted in regards to current resto druid and patch 4.0.6 prospective healing methodology. In terms of parsing specifically, druids are definitely not always in a bad spot when looking at the high-end guilds. For example, I hold the highest druid HPS parse for Twilight Ascendant Council heroic 25 player:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...183&e=1617#Mix

Of overall healers, I believe the parse is 11th if you count the other classes. That is definitely NOT a bad place to be. Granted, parsing is relative on a group per group basis, but if you're looking for an overall perspective then I believe that the info that Myrrar has provided has a sound foundation.

In terms of actual healing in 4.0.6, I don't think that the style of healing will really change much. We will probably use WG a bit more frequently due to the shorter CD, rejuve a little less due to the added cost, and use spot direct healing depending on our role in the raid. Currently, I'm having to play both the roles of a tank healer and a raid healer. Thus, I use a mix of both styles of healing, and don't aimlessly RJ/WG for the entire period on every encounter.

I think the key to becoming a great resto druid healer both now and in 4.0.6 will be grasping the ability to "shift gears" (role switch) during an encounter. You will provide a heck of alot more utility to the raid if you are focused on your role duties and less on the meters.
    Last edited by Mixtape; 2011-02-07 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixtape View Post
    In terms of actual healing in 4.0.6, I don't think that the style of healing will really change much. We will probably use WG a bit more frequently due to the shorter CD, rejuve a little less due to the added cost, and use spot direct healing depending on our role in the raid.
    This is exactly what I was looking for... a top druid that knows what's going on to give me an outlook on how or if 4.0.6 will change our healing style or spec.

Thanks