What am I doing wrong?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mbobula/simple

I hear people hit 150k HP easily unbuffed, 100% mastery, while still holding good threat in raids.

What am I doing wrong? I just feel so gimped atm

Doing wrong in what? :S
    The only bad thing I can see is your first trinkets, they're soooo useless, farm the trinket of third boss of Throne of tides and one stamina trinket.

Edit: Oh, I though u said u had 150k hp and 100% mastery lol.
    Still your trinkets, search and farm for stamina trinkets and you'll hit 150k, also imo u got too much hit and expertise, try ferorging some of it to mastery, if not, reforge parry to mastery.

Also, change the rune of your weapon to Stoneskin gargoyle.
    Aaaand, your gemming!
    I would change those 40 Mastery gems to 20 Mastery and 30 Stamina for socket bonuses or 60 Stamina gems.
    Last edited by Rickyrock; 2011-02-05 at 05:22 AM.

I've been trien to get that and the leaden of despair, but no luck so far at all.

I just feel squishy, and seem to have a lower HP pool to a lot of tanks I know. Same gear

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyrock View Post
    Doing wrong in what? :S
    The only bad thing I can see is your first trinkets, they're soooo useless, farm the trinket of third boss of Throne of tides and one stamina trinket.

Edit: Oh, I though u said u had 150k hp and 100% mastery lol.
    Still your trinkets, search and farm for stamina trinkets and you'll hit 150k, also imo u got too much hit and expertise, try ferorging some of it to mastery, if not, reforge parry to mastery.

Also, change the rune of your weapon to Stoneskin gargoyle.
    Aaaand, your gemming!
    I would change those 40 Mastery gems to 20 Mastery and 30 Stamina for socket bonuses or 60 Stamina gems.
    I've read that its perfered to do yellow- 40 mastery, blue - 60 stam, rest do combos.

As for hit, I'm at the cap for both of them.

Nope, for socket bonuses its alot better 20 Mastery and 30 Stamina.
    And seriously i dont think we need to be capped at hit or expertise yet.

Alright so you recommend changing up the gems, and dropping all my reforge gear? Should I reforge that all to mastery or just keep it as it is unforged?

Edit: Actually hit/exp are important for the fact of making sure are DS don't miss/dodge, and less chance of being parried.
    Last edited by Discombobula; 2011-02-05 at 05:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    Edit: Actually hit/exp are important for the fact of making sure are DS don't miss/dodge, and less chance of being parried.
    Yes but when you miss a DS (or get it parried) you can use it again the next global cooldown, and unless that exact death strike was the difference between your raid wiping or the boss being down (which is a very, very, very low chance) then you could have helped your healers better with some more mastery and/or avoidance.

You'll get a little hit and expertise anyway because you can't reforge everything away and that little bit is usually enough. I would reforge everything with hit and/or expertise to mastery or pure avoidance stats.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yes but when you miss a DS (or get it parried) you can use it again the next global cooldown, and unless that exact death strike was the difference between your raid wiping or the boss being down (which is a very, very, very low chance) then you could have helped your healers better with some more mastery and/or avoidance.

You'll get a little hit and expertise anyway because you can't reforge everything away and that little bit is usually enough. I would reforge everything with hit and/or expertise to mastery or pure avoidance stats.
    This.
    Anyway, imho you only need to cap Expertise. Capping hit is not really needed, unless your raid needs you for interrupts.

Ok took your suggestions and this leaves me with.
    4.43 Hit rating
    11.27 dodge(1391 rating)
    16.32 parry(1391 rating)
    27 expertise(Little over cap but can't find anything that keeps it on the cap)
    17.67 master(110% shield)

Any other suggestions besides the trinkets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok took your suggestions and this leaves me with.
    4.43 Hit rating
    11.27 dodge(1391 rating)
    16.32 parry(1391 rating)
    27 expertise(Little over cap but can't find anything that keeps it on the cap)
    17.67 master(110% shield)

Any other suggestions besides the trinkets?
    27 expertise is A LOT. I wouldn't really try to hit the cap. Around 15 expertise or whatever you get when you reforge as much as possible away would probably be better in the long run.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

27 expertise is A LOT. I wouldn't really try to hit the cap. Around 15 expertise or whatever you get when you reforge as much as possible away would probably be better in the long run.
    Alright, well should I keep reforging for mastery then? I still believe mastery has some form of DR

The rule on the reforging i've been going is
    If it has mastery already, reforge for dodge
    If it has dodge already, reforge for parry

Alright, well should I keep reforging for mastery then? I still believe mastery has some form of DR

The rule on the reforging i've been going is
    If it has mastery already, reforge for dodge
    If it has dodge already, reforge for parry
    there is no DR on mastery

and you reforge parry/dodge to keep the RATING (note: not the percents the RATINGS) as close to each other as you can, parry % will always be higher due to str scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post

and you reforge parry/dodge to keep the RATING (note: not the percents the RATINGS) as close to each other as you can, parry % will always be higher due to str scaling
    My rating is perfect atm 1391 for both, so I'm taking this as just reforge exp to mastery then

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 06:48 PM ----------

This is all for raiding stats, not 5 mans btw if that means anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think forceful deflection gives parry RATING instead of straight parry from strength. Therefore the strength->parry conversion is too affected by diminishing returns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think forceful deflection gives parry RATING instead of straight parry from strength. Therefore the strength->parry conversion is too affected by diminishing returns.
    Your right, 25% parry rating of your strength

Enchants:
    • Tinker on Cloak
    • Change your Bracer Enchant to either Mastery or Dodge.
    • Change your Weapon Enchant to Stoneskin Gargoyle
    • Tinker on your belt
    • Get a Leg Armor
    • Change your Feet Enchant to either Mastery & Run speed or Stamina & Run speed

If possible, get the second Cogwheel in your helm as Mastery or Stamina(not checked what you can do with them). Gem pure Stamina except the two best Yellow sockets - Which should be Stamina + Mastery(Unless it has a good socket bonus, sim it).

Unless you are on interrupt duty, reforge out as much hit and expertise as possible, Vengeance is your threat. Reforge to Mastery as much as you can, otherwise Dodge or Parry(keep them about the same). This is where you are missing out; 20 Expertise is far too much(You also have a fishing pole atm o.O).

Oh, and take the two points out of Epidemic, unless you're actually using diseases.

Try to get Porcelain Crab as well.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-02-06 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Enchants:
    • Tinker on Cloak
    • Change your Bracer Enchant to either Mastery or Dodge.
    • Change your Weapon Enchant to Stoneskin Gargoyle
    • Tinker on your belt
    • Get a Leg Armor
    • Change your Feet Enchant to either Mastery & Run speed or Stamina & Run speed

If possible, get the second Cogwheel in your helm as Mastery or Stamina(not checked what you can do with them). Gem pure Stamina except the two best Yellow sockets - Which should be Stamina + Mastery(Unless it has a good socket bonus, sim it).

Unless you are on interrupt duty, reforge out as much hit and expertise as possible, Vengeance is your threat. Reforge to Mastery as much as you can, otherwise Dodge or Parry(keep them about the same). This is where you are missing out; 20 Expertise is far too much(You also have a fishing pole atm o.O).

Oh, and take the two points out of Epidemic, unless you're actually using diseases.

Try to get Porcelain Crab as well.
    I was fishing yesterday in Uldum I normally use the Foe Reaper. Ok ill do all these, only thing about the tinker is taking it off it'd be out of the 11% dodge. As for expertise, i believe that's mostly from gear besides the enchant. Only reason I don't have the stam/run speed is because the maelstrom crystals are expensive

15+ Year Old Account
    I was fishing yesterday in Uldum I normally use the Foe Reaper. Ok ill do all these, only thing about the tinker is taking it off it'd be out of the 11% dodge. As for expertise, i believe that's mostly from gear besides the enchant. Only reason I don't have the stam/run speed is because the maelstrom crystals are expensive
    30 Stamina + minor run speed is super cheap. Enchanters learn it at 475 or something like that. 30 Mastery + minor run speed costs an arm and a leg, because of the maelstrom crystal.

30 Stamina + minor run speed is super cheap. Enchanters learn it at 475 or something like that. 30 Mastery + minor run speed costs an arm and a leg, because of the maelstrom crystal.
    Ah yes, meant mastery/speed. I'd much rather have my +50 mastery then +30 stam(which is only 450 HP) I'll see what i can do about the maelstrom crystals though.

Is SSG really better? I've heard the swordshattering is better for the sake of the 4% no DR parry.

Ah yes, meant mastery/speed. I'd much rather have my +50 mastery then +30 stam(which is only 450 HP) I'll see what i can do about the maelstrom crystals though.

Is SSG really better? I've heard the swordshattering is better for the sake of the 4% no DR parry.
    It's more about the run speed rather than the Mastery or Stamina, either is fine, really.

As far as I know, SSG increases along with your gear(since it gives you a % of your Armor and stamina) so the better your gear gets the better that gets. SS only gives you 4% Parry, which is good for all melee fights but there's no Stamina, which works Magic as well(also works well with high stam/mastery). Other than that, I don't know if it's the best or anywhere near, but I'm finding Fallen Crusader pretty cool, specially on fights where you wont be topped off - though that's personal opinion, no math.