Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Please provide proof before you just shoot me down. I'd love to be PROVEN wrong.
    I wouldn't know how as logs don't record haste. All I have is my own experience before and after the race change. But do note that Bloodlust says the same thing about casting speed and we all know that bloodlust affects dots.

If you're wondering the Rocket Barrage is about a 40 dps increase, nothing to cream yourself over in PvE
    On 95% of the fights rocket jump is used over rocket barrage and getting out of bad stuff/into good stuff faster is a major dps increase.

Orc is flat out the best race for PVE warlock, again also don't know why people are saying goblin, yes haste plateaus exist but all the reachable ones aren't affected by the goblin racial, if we ever see a tier where that 1% makes 50% haste possible then yes it might edge ahead, but for now a flat 5% pet dps increase alone is good enough nevermind the free spell power trink you'll get too. Let's not forget when you have to move more often than not your pet doesn't it's a constant source of damage when you aren't casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortanix View Post
    Orc is flat out the best race for PVE warlock, again also don't know why people are saying goblin, yes haste plateaus exist but all the reachable ones aren't affected by the goblin racial, if we ever see a tier where that 1% makes 50% haste possible then yes it might edge ahead, but for now a flat 5% pet dps increase alone is good enough nevermind the free spell power trink you'll get too. Let's not forget when you have to move more often than not your pet doesn't it's a constant source of damage when you aren't casting.
    Reachable haste plateaus aren't affected by the goblin racial? The goblin racials puts the 50% haste threshold at 2482, whereas it would be 2635 without. That's a pretty significant difference especially considering that you'll eventually have to sacrifice hit to gain the haste plateau. All in all I prefer the static haste increase over a cooldown that I have to monitor to make the best use of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    RP (since Draenei can't be Warlocks) and DPS wise Orc, I'd never be any other race on my Warlock.

Deleted
    whats with the hate vs gnomes?;p

gnome all the way;D

Quote Originally Posted by saufs0ldat View Post
    Reachable haste plateaus aren't affected by the goblin racial? The goblin racials puts the 50% haste threshold at 2482, whereas it would be 2635 without. That's a pretty significant difference especially considering that you'll eventually have to sacrifice hit to gain the haste plateau. All in all I prefer the static haste increase over a cooldown that I have to monitor to make the best use of it.
    The point was that in current gear there isn't a haste level that can't be reached by everyone, if that ever does happen goblins will shine, I know it's a good racial don't get me wrong i'm not knocking it, but bloodfury if you're feeling lazy could be macro'd to every spell and would still be superior combined with command. At the end of the day if you're not minmaxing at the bleeding edge of content (i'm certainly not) then it won't make much difference anyway.

GO GNOME OR GO HOME

for pve dps orc is probably best considering 5% pet damage is way more than it use to be (in wrath) my imp does like 35% of my damage if you count burning embers, about three times the damage it did in wrath.

the on use trinket is a added bonus i guess but compare all that to something that has nothing such as undead gnome(5% mana pool does nothing when you life tap 0times a fight as destruction and life tap is based off health pool not mana pool now) dwarf or belf and your losing alot of dps

just makes it that much more harder to rank on wol, especially since every rank is usually 20ish(more or less depends on fight) dps apart

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking a race just because of a stat a lot of times will cause the player to delete/reroll because it doesn't look or feel right. Pick whatever looks cool to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamthewolf View Post
    Picking a race just because of a stat a lot of times will cause the player to delete/reroll because it doesn't look or feel right. Pick whatever looks cool to you.
    So true. People won't get this til they have either rolled several warlocks to level cap or race changed them a few times. I know someone that has *innocent face*.

Things to consider when choosing a race for your 'lock should come down to this -

1. If racials were removed what would you pick? If we played a game where there was no racials there will always be Warlocks that do more DPS than others. Fact.

2. Being realistic, we do play a game where racials exist but - those players who did more DPS in the scenario without racials will still be doing better regardless of which race they pick. Fact.

3. Skill, the ultimate factor - Warlock A and B are both Orcs in exactly the same set up. Warlock B does more DPS than Warlock A. Did racials make any difference? Not possible if they are the same. This example happens thousands of times a day. You have to look at the bigger picture.

4. Diversity. Be what you want. Player better than the next guy.

I concede that mathematically there are some racials that look better on paper or simmed but we are not robots. Racials will only make a difference if you and every other warlock you know plays like a robot or near as damn it to one.

Credentials for presenting this information -

I have at various points had level capped Undead, Blood Elf, Orc and Goblin Warlocks. Only two characters but I race changed the BE to Orc, then back to BE then once I hit 85 race changed to Goblin. I got several realm firsts during my time as a Blood Elf and the race changes thing were on reflection, a novelty, nothing more. My DPS stayed the same.

I had the most fun as BE, and consistently did better than my Warlock raid mates despite them having "better" racials. This is why I feel these discussions are quite redundant when it comes down to it.

Your DPS is governed by your ability as a player, not racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Croatoan View Post
    Theres no such thing like BEST race for X class. Just pick a race that you like the most.
    I beg to differ

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rake says to pick Orc.

I would listen to it if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

I would have to say goblin because of the haste thresholds. That extra 1% haste will make it much easier to hit the thresholds we need in order to optimize DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamthewolf View Post
    For PvP, it's imortant to pick a race with usefull abilities (human or gnome for the alliance according to me are the best).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    I beg to differ
    You don't have to beg. But some examples would be good.

Undead and warlocks make more sense outside of considering racials. I mean what better race to be the bearer of demonic energy than a risen dead person.

Deleted
    Goblin, Troll, Orc. all of these 3 are fine

Right now I would say that the best race for Warlocks would have to be Orcs; however, Goblins and Trolls are quite good as well.

orc hands down most dps increase

Deleted
    goblin jump makes everything so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    and most importantly...

FOR PONY!
    win, imma go reading now while wow is still down...

http://www.lfgcomic.com if anyone is wondering, read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario