Thread: Ghostcrawler

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ghostcrawler

I know alot of people hate this guy, but i kinda like him, his humorous and often quite cocky attitude is pretty hilarious at times, and i do think he is doing an alright job at trying to balance what is the biggest online game atm. Not perfect, but could be worse.

So is there anyone else who think this little bald man is quite charismatic or is it just me.

Ps. No Homo. :P

Edit:

Do you think Ghostcrawler is Charismatic and pretty cool guy eh.

Or do you hate him like you hate those people who stand in fire.
    Last edited by Reliquary; 2011-02-05 at 10:54 PM.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Deleted
    he's doin' it wrong

He is funny guy and got nothing against him but he just decides to make some dumb changes in this game. ;P

#1 Chris Metzen still!
    Hi

Deleted
    I feel sorry you have to make a point of your sexual preferences just because you said a person of the same sex is charismatic..

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    He is funny guy and got nothing against him but he just decides to make some dumb changes in this game. ;P

#1 Chris Metzen still!
    You opinion don't count due to your Avatar
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Ghostcrawler is awesome because he doesn't listen to crap from ANY factions in the game. Wether it be the the NERF MAGEZZZ faction or the BUFF WARRIORZZZ FACTION or anything else, he trys to balance the game at his experience, witch usually pisses off most of these groups, but really I think its for the best.

People are self-centered. Even when they see some good balance, they refuse to acknowledge it until THEY'RE class and THEY'RE experience in WoW is enhanced for the better.

He's been with us since 2008 and the game has yet to show any promise in balance. There was some kind of consistency in BC before he arrived although not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post
    Ghostcrawler is awesome because he doesn't listen to crap from ANY factions in the game. Wether it be the the NERF MAGEZZZ faction or the BUFF WARRIORZZZ FACTION or anything else, he trys to balance the game at his experience, witch usually pisses off most of these groups, but really I think its for the best.

People are self-centered. Even when they see some good balance, they refuse to acknowledge it until THEY'RE class and THEY'RE experience in WoW is enhanced for the better.
    And yet there are still no signs of improvement with balance
    Huh, weird right?

What pisses me off is there are so many legit constructive posts about balancings things out and they just ignore the posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Huh, weird right?

What pisses me off is there are so many legit constructive posts about balancings things out and they just ignore the posts...
    Pretty much this

I dont think they ignore the "constructive posts" as much as you think. WoW will never be balanced, and its not just GC who makes the changes... GC just happens to be the one who will post his thoughts and feelings about patches on Blizzard's website. Probably every player thought at least once they could balance the game better than blizzard at some point in time, in some cases it may be true, but the task they've dealt with since BC is balancing, and I doubt it'll ever be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I feel sorry you have to make a point of your sexual preferences just because you said a person of the same sex is charismatic..
    Was meant as a joke, no need to get hissy.

<Moderator Edit: It was an exceptionally poor joke, please don't try to make jokes like that again.>
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2011-02-05 at 05:25 PM.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Deleted
    If his job was to balance the game or to make a better game I would say no, he's far from being awesome.

His job is to keep people playing which he does quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    he's doin' it wrong
    how about you take the job then since you are sure you can do soo much better
    /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Huh, weird right?

Just so you know, GC is more of the PvE side with Kalgan being the PvP guy. Kalgan has stated in the past his biased view on the classes and that other devs think the same. So if you want to complain about balance, then complain about Kalgan as balance isn't his goal.

GC is just the main front man for everything, even if he isn't the one that did it. It is easier for Blizz to have one guy in the front that everyone can recognize and after Kalgan made his views known, he wasn't the guy to use for that.

Quote Originally Posted by philco25 View Post
    If his job was to balance the game or to make a better game I would say no, he's far from being awesome.

His job is to keep people playing which he does quite good.
    This is pretty much my standing on the matter. Ghostcrawler is the LEAD Designer... not the ONLY one. People need to stop attributing unbalanced classes and skills SOLELY on GC and realize that there are others to blame.

Including the player base. Too many people spout-out thick, egotistical and just flat-out wrong complaints about certain classes and skills that the Dev team will try to fix issues that simply aren't there.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Just so you know, GC is more of the PvE side with Kalgan being the PvP guy. Kalgan has stated in the past his biased view on the classes and that other devs think the same.

So if you want to complain about balance, then complain about Kalgan as balance isn't his goal. GC is just the main front man for everything, even if he isn't the one that did it. It is easier for Blizz to have one guy in the front that everyone can recognize and after Kalgan made his views known, he wasn't the guy to use for that.
    Oh god, I cannot agree with this enough. Complaining about GC because of PvP changes is like blaming the Easter Bunny for bringing you the wron Christmas present.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2011-02-05 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    /sarcasm
    I was expecting that, typical fanboy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    /sarcasm
    I would if I could.
    I know for a fact I would do a substantially better job then he's doing.
    This game really isn't that challenging to balance, the issue with balance is it creates stagnation. Stagnation causes more people to quit playing then balance does.

Basically yes, I'm telling you WoW keeps more customers by being unbalanced then it loses, but that doesn't make it fun for the bottom of the totem pole classes.

Didn't GC come up with the idea for Ring of Valor? :_D
    Hi

as a lead designer he is doing pretty awful. Classes like shamans get ignored for how long? No diversity in the game anymore. Now it's "bring the best button masher". It doesn't feel epic nor any sense of individuality. But what did you expect when you give some retard marine biologist the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Reliquary View Post
    I know alot of people hate this guy, but i kinda like him, his humorous and often quite cocky attitude is pretty hilarious at times, and i do think he is doing an alright job at trying to balance what is the biggest online game atm. Not perfect, but could be worse.

So is there anyone else who think this little bald man is quite charismatic or is it just me.

Ps. No Homo. :P

GC does just fine. Cata is super fun, accessible, challenging, and the new areas look fantastic. The first couple raids are awesome. There is a lot of buggy crap in the game, but other than wiping on Conclave (which should be a faceroll boss) because ppl get randomly tossed out of the dungeon, it really hasn't affected my enjoyment of the game.

If I had his job I would never reply to a forum thread. It amazes me that we even have a face and a name to this guy. They have other people whose job it is to interact with the community. But yet he does post on the forums.

In my opinion, he puts his face out there for little other reason than to give a punching bag to the vast community of WoW whiners. I think the real reason we even see GC blue posts is to pull some heat off the blues whose job it is to actually reply to the community. GC actively posts only to provide a scapegoat. This makes the day to day job of the other blue posters a little less like stabbing themselves in the eye with a salty butter knife. His selflessness has likely prevented dozens of blue posters from going postal - he has saved lives! and repair bills!

ZOMGZ!!!
    !!!GC IS JESUS!!!!