Macro Help [Warlock]

I found this macro in the arenajunkies forums, but sadly, I cannot get it to work, and I'm quite the macro kind of guy. I was hoping I could get some assistance with it!

#showtooltip Fear
    /cast [target=focus,modifier:shift] Fear; Fear

To my understanding, once you have a focus target, you simply hit the macro and it will Fear your focus, and if you hold shift, it will ignore the focus and simply cast it on your target. For me though, it only Fears my current target, and if I am holding down shift, nothing will happen.

Thanks!

Deleted
    actually what this macro should do is that when you have a focus and you hit shift it'll fear your focus, and if you simply hit it, it will fear your target. Try it and reply

Hmm, still no go. I have my Fear button key binded to R, perhaps that would be effecting it? I'll try again, thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by warlockbell View Post
    To my understanding, once you have a focus target, you simply hit the macro and it will Fear your focus, and if you hold shift, it will ignore the focus and simply cast it on your target. For me though, it only Fears my current target, and if I am holding down shift, nothing will happen.
    I think its the opposite of that.When you hold down shift and press your keybind it will fear your focus target if you have no focus target or if you dont hold down shift it will fear your target

maybe try:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fear
    /cast [mod:shift][@focus] Fear; [nomod] Fear

If you want it to work exactly the way you described then try this.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead,nomod][]Fear
    Also, check that your R and Shift+R key are both unbound. Bind them to something then unbind it.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Wow, you folks are macro masters, haha. It's working now though, thanks guys. You're made of awesome sauce.