Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Delete one of your toons and relevel. Or re-roll the other faction to see their side of the story, and actually read all the quests on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but uh.. maybe find something more productive to do with your time?

I understand everybody needs a hobby, but having like 6 85s, with every profession maxed, 150k gold, and a bunch of other stuff like that.. it just seems to me like your time could be better spent on other things, not trying to be an ass here or anything.

But anyway, as others have said, if you're bored with the game, you're bored with the game. There isn't much anybody here can do about that. You said you're enjoying the Rift Beta, maybe Rift is your new WoW.
    All of the things I listed were accumulated over 5 years (1 year of being a complete newb). Leveling to 85 only takes about a day of /play time. And thank you for bolstering the majority opinion that I should play another game because this seems like the best option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadicGod View Post
    All of the things I listed were accumulated over 5 years (1 year of being a complete newb). Leveling to 85 only takes about a day of /play time. And thank you for bolstering the majority opinion that I should play another game because this seems like the best option.
    A day of play time if you're slow and guildless. Using my Heirloom cloak + the 10% guild experience bonus I leveled 80-85 in 6 hours played.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    ...T7.5 and up are from WotLK, no? So.. by not listing all the Tiers from WotLK.. you assume he/she is a WotLK baby? I'm confused. Maybe if he/she only listed the WotLK Tiers, your assumption would make a bit more sense?

..I'm still confused.
    Started playing in wotlk so by the time the names started mattering to him it was icc already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    Delete one of your toons and relevel. Or re-roll the other faction to see their side of the story, and actually read all the quests on the way up.
    Deleting characters seems like a step backwards or something close to the definition to insanity, as if redoing everything I have done will produce a different result. 2 of my 85s are horde. Over the years though I have rerolled each race to experience their quest lines including reading the text. >_>

That many 85's dunno how you are not burned out yet.

You should just unsubscribe til 4.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    i has a challenge:

level every class to 85 without dying, completing quests, or earning any achievements besides the leveling ones.

its been done on wotlk, took someone several months with a mage to hit 80...what ever happened to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Perhaps I should have made the title, "Bored with the game in it's current state."

NomadicGod...Dude...leave the game...

Nothing anyone posts is goign to change you mind..that is obvious...and trust me..I don't disagree with you...

And replying to all the crazy suggestions to do the same thing over and over with a slight change aren't going to work..

Getting tier is getting tier, levellign a toon be it horde or alliance is same old same old no matter the class...Find a new game or hobby...you will be happier

Deleted
    I know you've said you don't like PvP too much, and neither did I until I levelled a character from 10-85 just from BG's (and some dungeons inbetween for a break). I'm now grinding out the Honor and doing some Arena inbetween. Have only had a few goes at Rated BG's as most ask for 3k resi+. I'm finding it very entertaining.

Otherwise, I play my PS3 and have a Lovefilm subscription (unlimited films + games. When you're done with the one you have, send it back, they send you the next one on the list). Always have something to entertain me. Annnnnnd if all that fails, i'll take the dog for a run!

You just need to go do something else. Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Quote Originally Posted by hambonee View Post
    NomadicGod...Dude...leave the game...

Nothing anyone posts is goign to change you mind..that is obvious...and trust me..I don't disagree with you...

And replying to all the crazy suggestions to do the same thing over and over with a slight change aren't going to work..

Getting tier is getting tier, levellign a toon be it horde or alliance is same old same old no matter the class...Find a new game or hobby...you will be happier
    Maybe you are right, it seems that quitting until more innovative content is released would be my best option.

It's funny how many people say you need 100% completion to have beaten a game. If you play mario 3 and use the whistles, did you not beat the game when bowser dies? Did you not beat a final fantasy if you didn't get every item? Of course you still beat them, you just did get 100% completion. Beating and 100% completion are not the same thing.

That said, no of course the OP hasn't beaten it. 100% completion is a poor metric of beating the game. Growing bored with it is an even worse metric. If boredom meant you'd beat the game, most people would've beaten FFXIII before they even got to the non linear parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDusk View Post
    loremaster, dungeonmaster. get those lol. you can solo everything at 85 except for wotlk heroics and cataclym dungeons/heroics.
    You actually CAN solo WotLK heroics.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

90% of mmochamps base are composed of raiders.

I for one am bored of raiding. (again)

Hello other stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadicGod View Post
    This game suffers from a severe lack of rewards based on effort. Sure, I could grind out the achievements for a few weeks but they offer no incentives beyond a mount/title here and there.
    What do you want them to add as a reward, a girl who pops out of the computer and gives you sex? Welcome to WoW and basically every other game ever. You get useless, stupid rewards like a title, mount or pet because (preemptive warning because this is a SHOCKER) ITS A VIDEO GAME BASED AROUND FANTASY PRESTIGE ITEMS. Old factions have plenty of stuff to offer, but yes they are mostly useless crap. Even if they did have a "fun" item, you use it about two times and then that is enough of that and into the bank it goes forever. Apparently WoW and MMOs aren't the game for you. They don't offer new or changing experiences very often once you have done the majority of the stuff. Go buy an Xbox360, get an account at Blockbuster and rent a new game every 3 days. Sure it will cost you roughly 10x what WoW does, but hey new and exciting experiences.

What kind of rewards would interest you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying on my Celestial Steed through rainbows eating delicious rainbow coloured marmalade.
    I only read the first two lines and i can say that you haven't "beat" the game.

go RP realm?

Deleted
    get a GIRL (a real one)

User was infracted for this post

No need for these type of comments. - Phen
    Last edited by Phenomina; 2011-02-06 at 04:53 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people always make these threads if you are bored quit no one has a gun to your head ffs.
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.