Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are the other raid instances of Cataclysm?

What will be the future raid instances of Cataclysm?

One can assume that the Sulfuron Spire in Hyjal will be one, along with the War of the Ancients in the Caverns of Time.

What else can we expect, and where exactly will we be fighting Deathwing?

Deleted
    Firelands in 3.1 has been confirmed and will have 7 bosses together with a new daily area.

Anything past that is guesswork.

Deleted
    Hopefully the daily area is like the area at sunwell in TBC, that was so much fun

I heard that they're going to make a 5man instance for the Neptulon storyline, but Blizzard did add the CoT instances in the first major patch in BC and Wrath. The Isle of Quel'Danas was added patch 2.4. I doubt it'll be added within this year. They didn't even have a zone like that for Wrath... Wintergrasp wasn't very interesting at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    The Isle of Quel'Danas was added patch 2.4. I doubt it'll be added within this year. They didn't even have a zone like that for Wrath
    The argent tournament area was the wrath equivalent of The Isle.

Blizz has confirmed a raid instance involving a vashj'ir animal god (nespirah/l'ghorek) that has been fully corrupted by the naga.

Hard to say where we'll fight Deahtwing, He has no set base of operation afaik. Sulfuron Sprie is 4.1 so that's too early. A new area could pop up anywhere in azeroth, or an entire new zone for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by josa View Post
    Blizz has confirmed a raid instance involving a vashj'ir animal god (nespirah/l'ghorek) that has been fully corrupted by the naga.
    thats the giant squid we fight as the last boss in throne of tides.
    he kidnaps nuptulon after we kick its ass as giants.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbor View Post
    Hopefully the daily area is like the area at sunwell in TBC, that was so much fun
    we have that, its called tol barad peninsula.
    dailys, farming, and no fly zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    So... 4.1 Firelands, 4.2 Vahjir raid, 4.3 CoT: War of the Ancients and 4.4 Deathwing Raid? So we'll get 4 this time instead of 3 we got in Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    So... 4.1 Firelands, 4.2 Vahjir raid, 4.3 CoT: War of the Ancients and 4.4 Deathwing Raid? So we'll get 4 this time instead of 3 we got in Wrath?
    what u talkin about 3 in wrath?

we got 4... naxx stuff... ULDUAR.... TOC then ICC

15+ Year Old Account
    You had 4 raids at launch with wrath, and 5 added. Ulduar. Onyixa, ToC, ICC, and RS. So you mean 4 this time, instead of 5 =] But yes, something like that, but it's all theory past 4.1 With the patch this week, 4.1 should be on the PTR sometime in March, if not the end of this month. Seems like too soon, but if it's on the PTR in March, it'll be released sometime in June/July, so its perfect imo.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2011-02-06 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    I heard that they're going to make a 5man instance for the Neptulon storyline, but Blizzard did add the CoT instances in the first major patch in BC and Wrath. The Isle of Quel'Danas was added patch 2.4. I doubt it'll be added within this year. They didn't even have a zone like that for Wrath... Wintergrasp wasn't very interesting at all.
    Say what? The Caverns Of Time were available out of the box in TBC (and Wrath). Not a major content patch. In fact the first major content patch for TBC was 2.1 which included The Black Temple. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/2-1.

Secondly, yes we did have a zone like the Isle of Quel'Danas in Wrath, it was the Argent Tournament section of Icecrown.

Yeah that sounds about accurate.

Firelands has already been confirmed to be the next raid. Theres a space in little hub of throne of tides where a raid could be and blizzard said there will most likely be a new CoT raid. Though i am not going to hold my breath for the CoT raid, they said they would like it to be war of the ancients and the idea of a war of the ancient CoT raid is just so awesome that it feels like they will just let me down and cancel it.

Deleted
    Don't forget Sulforon Spire.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadark View Post
    what u talkin about 3 in wrath?

we got 4... naxx stuff... ULDUAR.... TOC then ICC
    he means patches not starter raids

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Don't forget Sulforon Spire.
    sulfuron spire is fire lands...

I think somewhere they said they like the idea of smaller raids but multiple raids per tier (i can't remember exactly where this was said though so don't quote me on it) much like what is present right now with BWD, BoT and ToFW. If I'd have to guess I'd say that not only the fireland's raid will be coming out with 4.1 but probably either 1-2 extra raids. Bringing the total number of bosses available up closer to 12ish for that 2nd tier.

But then again this is blizzard so you really don't know till that PTR is up and running, would be nice to maybe have firelands + War of the Ancient CoT raid at the same time in 4.1.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

Would be kind of cool if they finally patched in a new Blood Elf Leader. The useless BE placeholder leader is getting old now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbor View Post
    Yes please, those were the days!

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I obviously mean patch added raids, cause we already have THREE. Anyways, RS/OS/Malygos doesn't really count since they have one boss. It has led me to believe the maybe Blizzard will do something like this:

3.1 = Ulduar / 4.1 = Firelands + One instance.
    3.2 = TotC / 4.2 = Vashj'ir raid + CoT:WotA (makes sense, learning the lore about Aszhara, then killing her).
    3.3 = ICC / 4.3 = Deathwing Raid or Deathwing Raid + Another.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Yeah that sounds about accurate.

they said they would like it to be war of the ancients and the idea of a war of the ancient CoT raid is just so awesome that it feels like they will just let me down and cancel it.
    They actually said it was the war of the ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    thats the giant squid we fight as the last boss in throne of tides.
    he kidnaps nuptulon after we kick its ass as giants.
    Thats a 5 man dungeon.

Also there is no mention of any Vash'jir raid coming out as of yet
    The Lordliest of Meese

bliz said we wont kill azshara in this ex pac already so for the vashj'ir raid we will kill some1 else/or maybe even wound azshara but she escapes and lets that giant squid fight us