Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    One, I agree that all creativity has been sucked out of the game. Any sort of originality in spec, rotation, or gear is thought as scrubbish or lawlworthy.
    Um...WoW has always been like this? just like 99% of MMORPGs out there...Why you're acting like it's only something recent is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow has been about conforming to a spec that is optimum and weapons that are BIS for the past 6 years. If you haven't realized that by now and just started to QQ, something is terribly wrong with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zhushma View Post
    Wow has been about conforming to a spec that is optimum and weapons that are BIS for the past 6 years. If you haven't realized that by now and just started to QQ, something is terribly wrong with you.
    The conformation you are talking about is in PvE so you can make your Epeen grow bigger for being the first conformist ( as in copied the spec of a player that's better than you) to put that awesome healz or deepeeesss on Al'akir. Wake up some conform some choose to do things their own way. neither is wrong but also neither is right to impose on the other
    Last edited by mmocb2d4e83f73; 2011-02-06 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knihTwice View Post
    The conformation you are talking about is in PvE so you can make your Epeen grow bigger for being the first conformist ( as in copied the spec of a player that's better than you) to put that awesome healz or deepeeesss on Al'akir. Wake up some conform some choose to do things their own way. neither is wrong but also neither is right to impose on the other
    There have been and always will be specs that are better optimized than others. As long as there is choice there will be one that is "best", and there will always be theorycrafters who spend countless hours deciding which is best to the nth decimal point. If anything the new system allows for a more common sense approach to speccing without having to rely on other theorycrafters to get a quick and dirty solid spec.

There's always points that can be moved around. Any spec I've seen for the classes I play leaves some points free, although it does vary from class to class and tree to tree. I have two tank specs and I could easily design one or two more fully viable specs for different situations. There's no less ability to customize specs in Cata than in Wrath. Blizzard just made it so that a random nublet has to work very hard to create a spec that's completely worthless. If anything the specs are more truly customizable with the new glyph system: While prime glyphs are pretty much set in stone for your class and spec, major glyphs can be changed on a fight to fight basis and minor glyphs have an incredible amount of wiggle room.

As for your QQ that you can't rock a two hander as a rogue or enh shaman: Obviously your vision of the class differs from Blizzard (I kinda agree with them on this matter tho...two handed weapons don't really fit the whole image of a rogue -- whether a sneaky rogue, swashbuckling rogue, or duelist. Not sure how they fit the whole idea of a shaman, either...they're not barbarians). And as far as PvP goes...if you feel your spec is viable and someone's laughing, prove it on the battlefield. Show that your spec and your style is capable of winning battles. If your zany, off the wall spec isn't viable however...don't blame blizz. Bringing the wrong tools to a fight is stupid regardless of whether you're playing an MMO or fighting a war IRL.

Further, it is not my guild's responsibility to gimp their progression because I want to be a special snowflake. It is my responsibility to my guild to perform as best as I can. If I find that the game's playstyle isn't fun, if I find I no longer enjoy playing prot warrior and it detracts from the fun of raiding, then it's time for me to put the game away and find something else. It is not my place to demand that blizzard allow my special spec to compete with actual, viable, specs.

People have recommended Rift...why not try that? Personally I think that an "uber-customizable" system will really only end up with a few OP combos and will be extremely difficult to balance. Look how hard it is for blizz to balance what's already in place?

Or go start a tabletop RPG and build your own world.

But the fact is, you're not happy with the game. If you're not happy with the game, don't play it.
    Last edited by CynicalOtaku; 2011-02-06 at 05:40 AM.

meh i got bored in the game played cata for a month and decided to stop playing it ( started 2 months before AQ ) i'm currently trying Earthrise.
    Try playing something that's not labeled a WoW killer- DC Universe (action mmo ) , Earthrise ( 3rd person shooter sand box mmo that has been released 1 or 2 days ago depending on where you live ) or maybe w8 for SW: TOR...

I discovered with shock yesterday ( playing on earthrise ) that wow has crippled my mmo perception, i really had the idea that it will be bad ( well the lag when they released the server - yes ONE MASSIVE SERVER was huge but meh) try something different ( I'm not saying you should quit wow like me ) just try something new

Do people really get excited over this stuff
    "I equipped the crap out of that new helm!"
    "I chose me new talents like a boss"

the game is about taken whatever roll style your given and executing it perfectly to beat whatever Boss/opponent is in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by knihTwice View Post
    - I never play pure magic classes because they are narrow.
    You are narrow :P
    I have a level 85 lock and the different specs are worlds apart.
    Demonology - Focus on CD's, Pet and AoE
    Affliction - Haven't played since wotlk but rotation was challenging (at least doing it right). Managing dots on multiple targets whilst maintaining rotation on primary target is a lot of fun.
    Destruction - Enjoyed it a lot in wotlk, single target destruction. Rotation wasn't easy to perfect and was a lot of fun to play esp in totgc and start of icc where you had to fight tooth and nail to register on meters.

You should concentrate more on your goals inside the game then on your character. I mean if you can't find a suitable class to play just pick some other goal from the game if you still wanna play it. ( Like achieve high ranks in pvp both arena and bgs, pve progress, have freakin 10 alts with lvl 85 and max gold on them, etc). An MMORPG isn't based 100% on the character you play and its attributes.
    For example, I play a prot paladin, and i'm doing that since late TBC. Played A LOT of classes during this time as alts, don't think there's nothing i've tried at max level, and i enjoy them all, some of them more then the others. In time i started learning my char a lot but, as it is with everything else in this life, when you master something (forget modesty!) you eventually get bored of that thing, so i wanted to reroll. This thought first occured to me 1 year ago, and i still didn't reroll till now. Why ? Because progressing through the pve content is more important for me. Yes, i yawn a lot, yes i sigh every time i do my rotation but at the end of the day i know i helped a lot by playing what i can play best.
    If you're looking for reasons to keep playing this game i believe this is where you should look. Stop trying to find a class and change your perspective.

Try some, like some.