Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Attn: Cat owners who min-max in WoW (serious)

A few scientific studies in the past years have discovered a parasite in cats called the "Toxoplasma" parasite. The mind-altering tricks of the Toxoplasma parasite, behind the disease, reverse the mouses instinctive fear of cat urine - instead making them attracted to pheromones it contains. Toxoplasma is known to influence the personality and behavior of infected men and women too. Research also suggests a mind-altering effect in people – one study found that sufferers have an increased tendency to be involved in car accidents due to slow reaction times, another has linked schizophrenia to the disease.

Upto 15-20% of people in the US are infected with this toxoplasma parasite, almost every one of those people do not know they're infected. It can slow a humans reaction time down by 15-30%. So if you're min-maxing in WoW and are finding your reaction skills just aren't as quick as other people, you may just be infected with the toxoplasma parasite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that dogs > cats
    Discuss?

i agree dogs > cats

Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although cats are often blamed for spreading toxoplasmosis, contact with raw meat is a more significant source of human infections in many countries, and fecal contamination of hands is a greater risk factor.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 04:12 AM ----------

The more you know... GI JOE!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Waiting for my next random hc and getting a *oops I died in teh fire, I must haz Toxoplasma"

Should make a change at least from the horribly inevitable... I have lag excuse ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyshifty View Post
    Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    and fecal contamination of hands is a greater risk factor
    so everyone, hands out of the excuses and we'll all be fine.
    When cat durid is FITE do not ask for HEEL and NINIRVATE!
    And we got a bare. Him is not nise bare because him is gonna eat a fase! Bares mostly like the taste of fase!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    dear blizz,
    please fix paper, paper is wayyy too op, scissors are ok
    sincerely,
    Rock

Here comes the new trend of QQ threads...

TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

etc etc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Dogs are extremely disgusting with their retarded tongues sticking out all the time. Every time I see a dog in the street it makes me want to punch a baby panda in the face.

OMG, there are parasites in the world that can cause us to NOT play WoW well? Wait, I think what you meant to post was:

"I'm a nub who lacks skill, but my slow reaction time is because of a cat, not me."

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOWoW View Post
    Dogs are extremely disgusting with their retarded tongues sticking out all the time. Every time I see a dog in the street it makes me want to punch a baby panda in the face.
    Dogs don't have sweat glands. their only way of cooling themselves is by panting. stop being so ignorant..... :\
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-02-06 at 04:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Thread title is misleading. I was led to believe that this would be a feral druid thread. I am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thumbnails are hard :<
    Im at ur homez, slowing ur reactionz.

Nah, I love my cats too much! Who else would keep me company through 4 hour raids ?
    Last edited by Daerth; 2011-02-06 at 04:34 AM.

so thats why they land on there 4 feet wheen dropped. Oh waitt..

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Dog's don't have sweat glands. their only way of cooling themselves is by panting. stop being so ignorant..... :\
    Obviously it doesn't make it less disgusting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
    A few scientific studies in the past years have discovered a parasite in cats called the "Toxoplasma" parasite. The mind-altering tricks of the Toxoplasma parasite, behind the disease, reverse the mouses instinctive fear of cat urine - instead making them attracted to pheromones it contains. Toxoplasma is known to influence the personality and behavior of infected men and women too. Research also suggests a mind-altering effect in people – one study found that sufferers have an increased tendency to be involved in car accidents due to slow reaction times, another has linked schizophrenia to the disease.

Upto 15-20% of people in the US are infected with this toxoplasma parasite, almost every one of those people do not know they're infected. It can slow a humans reaction time down by 15-30%. So if you're min-maxing in WoW and are finding your reaction skills just aren't as quick as other people, you may just be infected with the toxoplasma parasite.
    If i see one of my raiders using this shit as an excuse for not getting out of poison cloud on Omnotron heroic i'm going to find you and make you eat a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Here comes the new trend of QQ threads...

TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

etc etc.
    I laughed so hard. Interesting thread though. (Might be interesting in a good way, might be in a bad way. You guess for yourself )
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

According to the International Journal of Biochemistry, this TYPE of toxoplasmic parasite is able to induce a certain shift in chaperonin lysine residue to glutamic acid. The opposition of polarity leads to a disparity in solvent-protein interaction allowing for proteins to aggragate leading to effects similar to those seen in alzheimer's disease. If you or a loved one is experiencing lethargy please be aware that the aforementioned was ALL A BIG FAT LIE.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR BEING BAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    If i see one of my raiders using this shit as an excuse for not getting out of poison cloud on Omnotron heroic i'm going to find you and make you eat a cat.
    And please take a picture of it. I'll die laughing when that happens. XD
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*