Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefar View Post
    I am playing minecraft instead of wow FTW
    I play Minecraft too, but I don't see how (if you played WoW for a few hours or so a day) you can transfer that to Minecraft. I play it over multiple days to build something or just go adventure in a huge cave and then stop for a couple of weeks.

Cata is sooo interesting now, it became boring :P

I play probably more - about 14 hours a day.

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lightitup View Post
    IMO, they released Cata too early
    WAIT WHAT?!
    I know I'm skipping 5 pages of posts now... but you do realize that the raiding community was stuck with ICC for over a year right?
    Yes Halion got released as well, but that was a nice change of scenery for 30 min the first time we did it and after that it didn't feel anymore different than "BOOOOOONEEEESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM" or "YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAYS YOUUUUUUU".

Personally, I've started PvP'ing.
    You mention you'd rather play a FPS... I don't see the connection. They're 2 completely different games. (Also when you say well balanced FPS I HOPE you're talking about something like UT or quake 3 and not the abusefest FPS games of late).

There once was a time where i would go to sleep at 6 am, get the least amount of sleep needed, get up again to play and I could do this for days on end. This seems ages ago tho, lately I log in for raids, maybe do a random hc if i'm really bored, do profession dailies and maybe some pvp. I can probably do all that in 6 hours a day. i'm logged in way more but it's no different than msn or facebook chat at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    WAIT WHAT?!
    I know I'm skipping 5 pages of posts now... but you do realize that the raiding community was stuck with ICC for over a year right?
    Yes Halion got released as well, but that was a nice change of scenery for 30 min the first time we did it and after that it didn't feel anymore different than "BOOOOOONEEEESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM" or "YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAYS YOUUUUUUU".

Personally, I've started PvP'ing.
    You mention you'd rather play a FPS... I don't see the connection. They're 2 completely different games. (Also when you say well balanced FPS I HOPE you're talking about something like UT or quake 3 and not the abusefest FPS games of late).
    I think he means that if they spent a bit more time adding some other things to the expansion, it might not be quite so boring for those that feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    maybe I didn't said it correct.

What I wanted to say is that the difficulty is not based on skills some people miss.But in time they are willing to devote or they have into the game.
    As a result players with better gear don't mean they are better players but they just had more time invested.

And I don't think that this must be the philosophy of any game.
    Don't worry, PapaJohn - we got it. Mudkiper is just being a tit.

I also barely find anything else to do besides the dailys,raid 4 times a week for 3 hrs at a time then theres really nothing to do in between...I miss wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Just logging on in tidbits . Basically really disappointed in the blatant grind / play more theme that the current expansion has . Granted there is always grind involved in any of the expansions, but I feel they just took it way too far. You couple that with the forum fiasco , mount removal , and their constant indecision about which direction to take the game . It has really cause me to lose interest . Heck even the official forums look like cheap cheese anymore and navigating it is a pain in the ass.

Deleted
    Well, when I log, i tend to raid. My 25man is not raiding atm cuz of lack of members, or something like that. We raid mostly once a week for 4 hours.

Other then that, id log for a random HC for valor points. But fuck that, 40 minute queues.

I could log for a random bg, but 20 min queues - no thanks.

Generally i log, chat a bit, go away. Havent logged in 3 or 4 days, generally lack of interest

A lot of post in this thread seem to be from ppl who have lost sight of the second M in mmorpg. Multiplayer games are meant to be just that. If you are bored with dialy randoms and quests, and have no interest in raids or top end pvp then you are playing the wrong game. The entire point of playing wow is to progress with groups of ppl. Sure there are plenty of things one can do alone but thats a small part of the game.

You can't complain about the the state fair if you refuse to go on but one ride. If you don't have a desire to play the whole game then just don't play the game.

P.S. There is a reason you have 10 toon slots.
    Last edited by Brucêbannêr; 2011-02-06 at 02:10 PM.
    If 95% of the ppl you meet in WoW are retards, and the population of WoW is a random sampling of the ppl of the world, then it is my observation that the human race is doomed to derp itself to extinction.

Deleted
    Cataclysm is not living up to the hype it had tbh.

Doing things as a guild is the only highlight i can even see now, doing alt raids and achivements with the guild and its pretty cool.... But i still find myself insanely bored half the time.

Used to be an active player, now i am more a "I play this game because i dont have another one" kind of guy

Quote Originally Posted by Cryostasis View Post
    Don't worry, PapaJohn - we got it. Mudkiper is just being a tit.
    thanks m8 :P

WAIT WHAT?!
    Actually if you have alts is not so long, at least if you invest reasonable time..
    I had 7 level 80's in wrath (I play since vanilla).

I did 12/12 ICC with one of them, 10/12 with another and the other was sitting in 232 ilvl gear from heroics..
    the game was encouraging you to have alts.All were in nice gear and ready to play all the content..It was so good for me...

I raided as tank ( my main since vanilla) I also played a couple of dps (different raid experience for both melee dps and range dps) and finally played as a healer that I said never do.

That was very fun for me!to experience the content through all possible roles...

If you have only one character it is impossible to always find something new to do, and that is not fault of the game.

As for Rift, I was vip beta tester... not only the graphics are almost the same but the movement of the characters and the skills animations are very bad... I wouldn't play that even if it was free..

A lot of post in this thread seem to be from ppl who have lost sight of the second M in mmorpg. Multiplayer games are meant to be just that. If you are bored with dialy randoms and quests, and have no interest in raids or top end pvp then you are playing the wrong game. The entire point of playing wow is to progress with groups of ppl. Sure there are plenty of things one can do alone but thats a small part of the game.

You can't complain about the the state fair if you refuse to go on but one ride. If you don't have a desire to play the whole game then just don't play the game.
    there also the words RP that I would really love to find in - game and are not related with raids and pvp.Things other games have.

uniqueness ( dyes, remodeling, outfits)
    housing

Besides that the second M is Multiplayer and not 24 hours Multiplayer
    also the first M is Massive and not play only with your guild mates or don't play :P
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2011-02-06 at 02:22 PM.

Hmmm... maybe this is why blizz is rethinking their path of this expansion starting with the luck of the draw buff, sounds like alot of people are quitting. I've read quite of a few of these posts and I'm still playing alot albeit a diffrent path myself right now I'm knee deep in the loremaster title with lots of achievements to do, if it wasnt for that I'd be about as bored as alot of you are. I can only do heroics on my days off considering how long they take now and I only do the damn things for JP's so I can reroll a tank in full heirloom gear just for the ownage part of it. Typically my normal day (the days I have to work) I get on do dailies for some random faction that I havent exalted yet check AH then off to my loremaster title, right now though I want to do the love is in the air achievement. I can see all you all that have been playing for years though that have already did all this that I'm doing being bored as hell. Exactly right on alot of it though 1. Blizzard did alot of changes to the Enviroment but didnt add alot of content and 2. Set the bar to high for pugs to successfully run what they ran in Wotlk. Some like that that but it seems that ALOT don't like that. I just like a game that feels like a game and not a job.

I log on like 5 minutes a day. doing jew-daily and cooking daily.
    spend way more time on forums like our guildforum, EJ or mmo.
    Since there's nothing left to do except for raids twice a week, I rather do some theoretical work to improve in PvE, i.e. theorycrafting, analysing bossencounters and the logs.
    But I like it. more time for other stuff

It's interesting that this thread has so many posts, but on the other hand people who's playtime hasn't decreased probably won't post. A poll would yield some more interesting stuff.

On topic: I have found myself spending less time on alts lately and mostly logging on for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has, but that is due to the fact that i started Collage this year
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

i played almost non stop from release to the point of gearing my rogue up with all the gear i could get without any real raids including crafted epics, and tons of heroic dailies.

I got to the point where i was at 357 ilvl with no consistent raid group and no motivation to keep doing the heroic daily, so i started pvping. Got all my bg gear pretty quickly and all thats left is arena, but i'm too frustrated to go any higher than 1800. My one spec does damage but is boring as hell, the other is fun but we lose every match because i can't kill anything hitting it with a wet noodle.

didnt log for about a week because there was literally nothing to do. (Even got exalted with hellscreams reach and got my drake)

I then decided to level my pally to 85 and tank with him, he's now at the same ilvl with no raid experience and about 2 pieces away from being totally geared for pvvp, and am running into the same problems in arena. I meet up with a team with a mage or a shaman and i'm useless.

I've never had time to level an alt before, i was usually so busy with my main, but this expansion i've had time to level my main, gear it up as much as i could, pvp until i was geared there too, level an alt, gear it up for pve and pvp. Now i find myself afraid to get my last few pvp pieces on my paladin, as i will be in the same position as my rogue and absolutely refuse to re level another character.

Unfortunately i didnt think to maybe cancel my subscription just encase and got charged for another month yesterday... so i may as well hold out for another month in hopes something changes.

The funny thing is, i don't really know whats changed so much. Maybe its the shared lockouts and increased difficulty or heroics. Maybe its because heroics dont give you anything of value after a week of doing them where as in wrath you could do them to get raid level gear.

idk, alls i know is something has changed, and its definitely causing a lack of things to do, and therefore lack of interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    My playtime has dropped a lot as well, aside from the raids (which are awesome) there's nothing to do, I can't get any gear from justice or valor points anymore, so I don't bother with heroics since they are just annoying in pugs.

not extending my subscription when it ends.

There's only so many circles a man can run in Stormwind...

Deleted
    What things could you do during wrath that you could not do now? It's You, not the game, became the same for me but during Wrath.