Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jho369 View Post
    Demon hunter does it in D2, why can't WoW?
    I assume by D2 you don't mean Diablo 2 since the only ranged class was the amazon and they couldn't DW anything but javelins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurwyn View Post
    I assume by D2 you don't mean Diablo 2 since the only ranged class was the amazon and they couldn't DW anything but javelins.
    Correction, D3. But you just made my point more valid that 2x javelins vs 2 guns and people whined about DW 2 guns?

I'd like to see the melee range attack with these be a rifle butt to the head!

You could also do it with a crossbow since it is "automatic" like a rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. It looks corny.
    2. It's senseless, you're not John Rambo.
    3. It looks corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    Am I for the idea? Not really. I don't play Hunter so I couldn't care either way. The arguments against the idea are silly, however.\
    Unrealistic? Oh my. A human couldn't manage to hold two rifles steady at the same time? Fair enough, the ORIGINAL TITANS GRIP IS COMPLETELY REASONABLE IN THIS FASHION HOWEVER. Oh my lord, bows??? Original Titans Grip doesn't allow you to dual wield pole arms.

This idea pretty much is the exact same thing as Titans Grip. So frankly, so far at least, the ideas against it are nothing short of silliness.
    there's many rifles ingame that are small enough to be wielded in 1 hand..

It's cool but idiotic - just like Titans Grip.

All classes and specs are supposed to have same DPS anyways, so why add another gun just to end up at same DPS.
    Same goes for Titan Grip. In the start "OMG 2, 2-Handers, now I'll do double DPS ...." Nope you won't, same as before - but now you gotta get 2 hard-to-get weapons instead of 1.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    but now you gotta get 2 hard-to-get weapons instead of 1.
    Because it's so hard to get 2x range weapon since you're the only class in the raid get first dibs right? Fail!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggested this in Wrath. I just got flamed and ranted on because " already waste too much arrows, don't need to double it ". But now.. there is no ammo, so it would be a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it would be cool to Dual-Wield guns, like Lord Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep.

single-slot pistols would be awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Two guns as a seperate weapon type (they only come in pairs and its only 1 item) would be possible, but having an 'off-hand' ranged weapon seems really hard to implement at this point.

sry no. i RLY dont want to see this. it would be so dreadful.

Here's a simple solution

Just make a dual pistols weapon that would fit in a single weapon slot. You wouldn't have to mess with talent trees or run into any class mechanics issues, the result being simply some added flavor. I guess you could maybe mess with attack speed/dmg to distinguish it from a rifle or bow, or perhaps make it preferred for soloing while larger weapons would be better for dungeons/raids? I don't know, just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    I really hate this idea. If I wanted to play Halo I'd play Halo.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Halo is the only game with a similar concept and therefore no other game can emulate it.
    Halo also has cloaking, jumping, and vehicals guess we should get rid of those lest we find ourselves playing Halo.

Anyways, on a serious note, I think if they had anything like this they would have to introduce it as a new thing, like.. make one handed guns a whole new kind of wep. You couldn't do it with the guns we have now.

Oh, also, you could make what is technically -one- gun appear as multiple guns. Would just need seperate animations. If you made several weps work that way, then you could technically have it but just for aesthetics.

Blizzard isn't going to be making a new weapon type any time soon, if at all.

Dualweilding guns is incredibly tacky, but should they ever do it it should occupy a stat-stick slot, otherwise there would be way too much benefit. More shots and more stats? Yeah, no.

EDIT: Besides, I've never seen a hunter chasing deer in the woods with a pair of pistols like he's in an action movie.
    Last edited by Tore; 2011-02-06 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings about dual-wielding ranged weapons. Obviously bows would have to be thrown out of this concept leaving crossbows and rifles, by doing this Blizz either stops adding bows as drops, or adds more ranged weapon drops which will only become vendor/de trash seeing as a typical group has maybe 2 hunters and 2 rogues that could use them. Warriors are out of the picture now since blizzard has actually implemented strength ranged weapons.

Besides that, if it were to be implemented I imagine it would fall into the Survival tree as a talented ability and not trainable. The question comes with which abilities do you allow both MH and OH weapons to attack? Obviously, the both will auto attack like every other dw class. But does say explosive shot fire one from each weapon(scaled down to compensate) or from a single(normal scale). After you have that decided upon, the next question is if it is mandatory for Survival hunters to DW. Do they absolutely need to use two because their damage is crap without? Or can they chose another talent ala Single Minded Fury to be able to single wield bows/crossbows/rifles?

All in all it's a cool concept and I imagine it will be amazing for D3, but in WoW there are far too many issues.

I don't like it as a hunter thing. If a dual wield pistol class was introduced, that would be the only proper way to have that mechanic.

The idea is great but execution would be harder

With the option to DW guns or xbows, hunters would give up some stats for the 27% hit rating gap. Yes, it's an option for DW, if you don't have 2x bows, you don't have to use it. If you don't like the extra talent in the tree for those that appreciate its class value, you can reroll to something that takes more skill to play. It's not like the extra 300+ agi and other stats useless right?

If you don't have an imagination or any valid point to back up your negativity, need not reply.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    All in all it's a cool concept and I imagine it will be amazing for D3, but in WoW there are far too many issues.
    2x range weapon would not fall under survival as MM already has a mastery that let you fire an additional auto shot. Implimenting 2x weapon would make this more fun for hunters to play, just like warriors where PVE = TG fury.

problem is, what about when you have bow? or Xbow? or do you only want it for guns alone? that would require more drops that are guns rather than bow/xbows

dual wielding guns is more of a rogue/warrior type deal. you don't get a whole lot of accuracy and in order for it to work with the ranged weapons we'd have now, every hunter would have to grow a third and fourth arm. the whole reloading thing wouldn't make sense, or they would nerf into the ground by giving an extended wait time per shot.

honestly i'd like to see hunters be able to do combination shots like an aimed multi shot or steady concussive, multi scatter shot, things to that nature.