Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Make up for BH:

6 Dps 10k minimum
    2 Tanks
    2 Heals

This is a dps fight the tanking and healing is easy. If any1 of the dps is not pulling 10k then you will not meet the enrage timer and die. This fight is easier than some of the VOA bosses, it is just a matter of getting dps that have the achieve and Raid Warm if you are not doing at least 10k dps you will be kicked.

To help with deciding if your dps is raid-ready, they should be pulling AT LEAST 9-10k dps on boss fights in heroic dungeons. (Albeit there are some mechanics that don't allow you to dps much when doing other things, this is just an average.)

You definitely need to do BH. Easy upgrades and who don't like epics?

And if your in full 346 gear you should have no problem doing it. If you hit the enrage timer, your dps need to have a hard look on their rotations, gems/enchants etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    it is just a matter of getting dps that have the achieve and Raid Warm if you are not doing at least 10k dps you will be kicked.
    So you are a leetist then, right? Our guild has yet to get around to getting our Guild Run BH for ach so we are all pugging whenever. You're the type of person that doesn't invite the insanely well geared mage who can't link you achievement, correct? I bet you only invited people to ICC raids if they told you their "lolgearscoreisforfails" too, eh?

Sorry for that being rude, just tired of link achievement BS. Only problem with Achievement system.

Deleted
    This is seriously a troll post.

Anyway, if you can't kill Argaloth, you most definately will have huge problems with the real raid bosses. You don't even need to be able to pull 10k dps each with 6 dps if I recall correctly. It's really not too easy to reach the enrage timer and if you do, your dps has failed terribly - I mean, I don't ask for achievement when I pug people for BH since even the most retarded people have generally been able to understand the tactics that are really too easy to even be a retard check and it's somewhat rare that you'll get more than one fail dps anyway.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigor View Post
    Your class composition may also be at fault. Were you running with a Retribution Paladin, Marksmanship Hunter and Elemental Shaman?
    I can do 20k dps on Argaloth as elemental as there's barely any movement. Sure, in the gear level OP's raid had, I'd probably only do 13-14k, but being an elemental shaman is not a valid excuse for doing subpar dps on this fight (and Cho'gall, but pretty much all the others ). And according to WoL our ret paladin did 15k dps last time we killed Argaloth. He's should be around the same gear level as OP's guild as he's still on trial and additionally changed mainspec from holy to ret only recently. Unfortunately I can't say anything about mm hunters as all ours are surv, but it doesn't really make sense for pure dps classes to use a suboptimal spec when better ones are available.

Deleted
    Everything > BH. Just saying. Good luck killing anything with a hard, even a soft, enrage with that DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    If your group is doing only 8k dps, then they must be using 333 gear. I remember the first time I went in there. I had a 344 ilevel and I was pulling 17k. Everyone should easily be able to pull 10k in 333 gear.
    Well, calling bullshit on this one, probably the biggest lie ive ever seen on these forums. lol.

OP here. Wish it were a troll post. I'll work on the raid a bit more. Good to know what numbers to expect at our gear level. I think most of us are half heroic half ilvl 333. More heroics will certainly help. But really they just need to learn to play. Unfortunately as a tank there is only so much I can do. Tank the boss, not die, not take too much damage. That's about it. Oh well, we'll keep plugging. Thanks for the feedback.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    8k is, indeed, really low. 8k should be the minimum dps reachable with lvling gear
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    If your group is doing only 8k dps, then they must be using 333 gear. I remember the first time I went in there. I had a 344 ilevel and I was pulling 17k. Everyone should easily be able to pull 10k in 333 gear.
    8-9k dps with an ilvl of 333 is roughly accurate. 17k with 344, however, is a straight up lie.

Easiest boss mechanic-wise, all the dps have to do is dodge fire and pewpew. I can understand a brand new player to the game having kind of low dps, but 8k is very,very low, that is lower than level 80 unbuffed dps in ICC gear. There are all sorts of casual guilds, but I'm guessing the players in your guild do little to nothing to min/max for one. If you ever want to get anywhere, you need to have your players put some effort into it....alot more in their case, Not to be a total jackass, but I can't figure out how its possible to do that low dps without trying to do low dps...fairly certain I could do 12k between my pet, autoshot, and spamming cobra shot and nothing else. I'm not sure of your position in the guild but you should really crack down on them, if they don't improve you will never raid a thing, and you may want to find a more suitable guild, there are plenty of them out there. To actually carry your weight in a raid, even in a normal mode, it requires you to know your spec very well so you can apply it to the boss. If you don't know what button to press next, you aren't going ot figure out the boss mechanics either.

Deleted
    8k DPS.... I advice kicking those retri palas from your raid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    Yes, you should start with BH boss. Why? You can see if you have enough dps for raids, if healers are good enough to keep everyone up, and learn if everyone can learn basic "Dont-stand-in-fire" tactics.
    goodluck outhealing rage timer what that argument

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    8-9k dps with an ilvl of 333 is roughly accurate. 17k with 344, however, is a straight up lie.
    Not entirely, the first time I did BH with 340ish ilvl, I managed 16k on my hunter. Ive seen a few good melee deeps pull out crazy numbers with "subpar" gear on that fight. Perhaps being a hunter is cheating. My first halfus kill yielded me around 24k all 10 man.

I'm sitting at around a 357 pvp ilvl and I only do around 13-14k on it, when I had 339 from the welfare boe pvp set I just hit 10k, so with full 346 you should easily do the required 10k (this is as a spriest)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink333 View Post
    i had ilvl 330 andi i did 12k dps on it your dps are obviously the problem dont worry get a bunch of hunter and its as good as dead
    I get to agree with this guy, on my hunter alt I had about average 325 ( couldn't queue to heroics yet ), no enchants other then 130 ap LW enchant and therazane ( honored ) shoulder enchant, and I pulled slightly over 12k dps.

You should go with 2 tanks 2 healers 6 dpsers. Its not really a hard fight.

There's a lot of "omg fail" type replies, but I will be more honest and reasonable here.

People SHOULD be pulling 10k at least before they start doing BH, however, with 2 tanks, 2 heals, and 6 dps, it is very easy to down the boss if everyone is doing at least 8k. If they are less than 8k however, they need to either work more on their gear, or their rotations, or their spec, or something else, because sub-8k for starting raids just doesn't cut it like it would have back in WotLK.

Deleted
    My pvp specced Arms Warrior (in pvp gear) pulled around 7k dps the first time I did this guy(I had ilv around 335 prob), now my ilv is a bit over 445, mostly pvp blues/epics and one or 2 greens and just recently I pulled off 9k dps. I don't know what your party was doing wrong, as I am also a clicker (although i mix it in with 1,2,3,4,5... ) and I got no trouble pulling such numbers (I know it's bad, but having resilience instead of hit/expertise/critical rating/mastery really doesn't help my dps). I say your team mates should go read a bit about their class and figure out a good rotation to use

In theory, Baradin Hold is the raid you should be doing first. But there are encounters that can be done with equal gear with ease if you know how to handle the encounter mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?