Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Baradin hold is just a gear check, It shouldnt even be classed as a raid, its more of a, shall we say raid prerequisite

If you're wiping on Argaloth, you're in for a very long and unpleasant grind in the other raid dungeons. The only thing remotely tough about Argaloth is the dps requirements, and even those are hardly steep. My guild 2 heals it with absolutely no problem, and we kill him with 2:30-3:00 left on his enrage.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    We tried BH for the first time last night. We didn't have the dps, they were doing average 8k. What surprised me was the fully heroic + 4 epic dpsers were only doing 10k on the boss. I'm a tank. Is this bad? What should we be expecting on this boss with people in full heroic gear (ilvl 346).

Is there an easier boss than BH? I am thinking we are close to being ready for raids but honestly we are not that serious or super skilled, most of us are older (30s 40s+).
    BH is not the first raid you should do because it is not a raid.
    It has 1 boss, is incredibly simplistic and has been pugged since cata release.
    Its the new VoA and it counts not as a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkins View Post
    To directly answer your questions, yes your dps are low, and no there are no easier bosses. Unless you want to go back to icc.

You need about 10k from 6 dps to kill him on 10 man.
    You need 75K total raid dps to beat enrage timer. Which means if 6x10 = 60, you need each tank do at least 7.5K dps. Easier is to replace dps who cant beat 12K border which is only logical to be considered lowes boundary for any cata raid requireement.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how everyone in the forum is pulling 15 k dps with 330 gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    The second you're ready to do heroics, you should be able to do it. (Full PvE gear for tanks/heals plz, their more important than DPS, because come on, 10k+ dps should be a given with any class that's ready for heroics.) 3 heal it at the start of things to see how your dps can handle it, do it a few times, hopefully you'll wipe to the enrage timer and not simple mechanics, but progression is progression. Once you get it down and everyone's getting better and better gear, you can then go on to two heals to make it go faster and move on to the actual raids and progress in there faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    We tried BH for the first time last night. We didn't have the dps, they were doing average 8k. What surprised me was the fully heroic + 4 epic dpsers were only doing 10k on the boss. I'm a tank. Is this bad? What should we be expecting on this boss with people in full heroic gear (ilvl 346).

Is there an easier boss than BH? I am thinking we are close to being ready for raids but honestly we are not that serious or super skilled, most of us are older (30s 40s+).
    There isn't an easier boss than Argaloth. If your raiders can't prove they're worth it, replace them/demote them to trial and treat them as trial. Are you making sure their gear is gemmed, enchanted and reforged? That they bring pots, food, and flasks? That they pre-pot (important on bosses like Argaloth)?

EDIT: Oh and to all these people claiming that BH isn't a raid -- please go away. Not everyone's as ''pro'' as you. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb View Post
    If they play hunter thats no problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb View Post
    It's honestly not hard. o.o

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...e/?s=400&e=640

There's me doing 13774.8 effective DPS (including active time) with 7 greens, including a helmet (no meta socket too of course) in my offspec (you can see we wiped the first attempt and needed more DPS so I switched) of one of the lower DPS specs in the game (Retribution).

10-11k should be the absolute bottom for people with 330 gear if I can do 14k in my unenchanted offset gear with a "low" DPS spec. It's a completely stationary fight for heaven's sake.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-07 at 09:05 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines