Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    I really like DRW. 90 seconds is not a long cooldown, and 20% parry is quite a lot. The threat it gives is rather moot with it costing 60 RP though. But that's really the only thing holding it back. As it is now it's a good tanking cooldown (out of our 5 or 6 or so!), if it costed 20 RP or nothing, it would be an awesome tanking cooldown. Costing a rune (blood maybe?) instead of RP would also make it MUCH more useful. Bone Shield + DRW + Outbreak on a boss pull would be awesome.

But I really dig the style of the skill, and wouldn't want any other talent instead of it. Blood as a tree is all about physical strength. Philosophically blood is the "purest" tree, with the least amount of magic (compared to the other 2 trees). A floating copy of your equipped weapon that exactly mirrors all your strikes is rather cool I think, especially as an end-talent for such a tree.

I agree. Especially in a word where you're usually sitting around 25% avoidance, 20% parry on such a short cooldown is an A grade cooldown. I use it pretty much on cooldown, as I have it glyphed and I think I can stand to lose the 2 rune strikes while I help my healer(s) out.
    What style though? It doesn't have much. You hardly even see it unless you look hard for that little mirror image. I highly doubt anyone else notices it. And wouldn't dual wielding and relying on a couple beefy and imposing two-handed Runeblades go right along with the "pure strike based" feeling that Blood has?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tblood View Post
    What style though? It doesn't have much. You hardly even see it unless you look hard for that little mirror image. I highly doubt anyone else notices it. And wouldn't dual wielding and relying on a couple beefy and imposing two-handed Runeblades go right along with the "pure strike based" feeling that Blood has?
    I don't care if anybody else notices it. On human-sized mobs I notice it, that's why I like the style. Also, IMHO, I don't think titan's gripping two twohanders would be in line with blood's philosophy. It's for the same reason I don't like dualwielding onehanders on the DK: I just don't think it fits.

DK's put their own runes on their weapon, making it a rune weapon, and thereby much more powerful than if it was wielded by a non-DK. They personalize their weapon, much more so then a warrior (who is the "purest" weapon wielder). I just think that tanking with a huge twohander (and occasionally with a COPY of that twohander, not just any other twohander) both for offense and defense really epitomizes that philosophy.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2011-02-06 at 11:02 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I Think a 31 point baby TG for blood is the last thing needed to "define" the class. Blood to me is nothing like a warrior, especially Fury, if anything an arms warrior, and giving them a baby TG would be emphasizing warrior traits not DKs. a better 31 talent would be a CD more like Retaliation, except with increased parry chance. IMO (and maybe im biased because of playing a fury warrior for 4 years) fury warriors should be the only class capable of duel wielding 2handers. it PERFECTLY defines not only the class but also the spec. One more thing tho is i do feel upset the Bloods most powerful CD (IBF) is a frost skill. I feel liek they should change the skill to " Sanguine Fortitude" and change the graphic to make the DK become like completely made of blood. Saying that, ill offer what i think would be better alternatives to the 31 point talent.

Changed "DRW"

cost 20 Runic Power / 90sec CD
    Summons a Rune Weapon for 20 secs, Increasing Parry chance and threat by 20%. Increase parry by 3% Each time the DK takes direct Dmg until the next parry.

Bloodlink

Cost 20 runic power/ 2min CD /range 15 Yard radius

For the next 12 secs, The death knight links himself to all surrounding targets, Draining and healing for 6% of his maximum HP each second, (dmg spilt among targets)

i had more but the Superbowl is on and i forgot them lol

Let's compare 31 point tanking talents:

Shockwave - Cone DPS and Stun 15 Rage, 20sec CD

Berserk - DPS/Threat CD, 15sec duration, no cost, 3min CD

Ardent Defender - 20% Damage Reduction and 15% total health heal on an attack that would otherwise kill you, no cost, 10 sec duration, 3min CD

Dancing Rune Weapon - 20% Parry and extra TPS/DPS for 12 sec, 60 RP cost, 1.5min CD

Can you see the glaring difference on DRW? Effects aside (as they all balance out for the intended class and whatnot), the activation cost of these talents are extremely low or none until we get to DRW. The cost to activate this thing is just absurd and should not be tolerated. While very useful and functional, it also remains an extreme disappointment.

Easy solutions include:

- Dropping the DPS/TPS portion and removing the cost. It would still be a conscious decision to use it as it's on the GCD.

- Changing the glyph to remove the activation cost instead of increasing threat. As it is, the glyph only exists to make up for the lost threat of spending 60 RP (which is a stupid design); so why not just have the glyph remove the activation cost? (Because Blizz likes stupid things.)

- Remove the TPS/DPS portion and change the glyph to remove the activation cost.

Fight the good fight; never let Blizzard forget that DRW needs to be modified in a good way.