Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really worst comp...but I had a Heroic Undermines the tank was in healing, and dps gear. Apparently I wasn't the first healer who was unwilling to heal him as I joined the trash pack before the first boss. The one with two ogres, they don't even hit hard. I ate half my mana pool keeping him up.

What made the comp bad is they thought it would be better to stick with the fail never going to finish tank than kick him and wait for one with tank gear. I asked him to drop or for them to kick me. 10 minutes later I got an awesome group through Heroic SFK. By awesome I mean a tank with tank gear...even if none of the dps ever got over 10k.

everyspec have aoe so comp is irelevant...
    is that sarcasm or are u joking? because aoe spamm cant make it up for lack of cc or interrupts, when some places actually are very demanding.

Prot Paladin (Me)
    3x Dps without any real interupt
    None Shaman healer

SFK first boss fun

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten into groups with 5 paladins / 5 druids etc (on different characters, ofcourse)

Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    Prot Paladin (Me)
    3x Dps without any real interupt
    None Shaman healer

SFK first boss fun

I can relate to that, after this patch it wont be a problem as he wont cast mend rotten flesh anymore which will be a bonus.

We had a pally tank, boomy (me), mage and spriest with a priest healing. No fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunreacher View Post
    Arms warrior (Who had a bow that had a higher DPS than his sword so he was shooting about 70% of the time)
    Seriously? Even if he just had the Poisonfire Greatsword (from the first two-three quests in Hyjal), melee'ing should be higher DPS.

today

deadmines (cant remember his name but robot boss zone in with dead bodies strewn about)
    me(pally tank) > do you know this fight
    hunter in suit > yes
    rest > silence
    pull the boss
    on first harvest both dps and healer die
    bubble and reset boss
    wtf why didn't you move
    druid healer > well maybe if you explained the fight before you pulled we wouldnt have died
    me > i asked if you knew the fight why didnt you say anything?
    druid > you were talking to the hunter you didnt ask me

i sat in stunned silence for a minute then put my face through a wall

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Seriously? Even if he just had the Poisonfire Greatsword (from the first two-three quests in Hyjal), melee'ing should be higher DPS.
    You know that, I know that, but perhaps HE was the one we didnt know that.

As a side note, not a comp, but I remember having a hunter in one random HC Vortex Pinnacle who did around 2000-3000 DPS consistently during the entire run. I just cant wrap my mind around how he even managed to do that. Autoshot alone could make that dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    bear drood
    disc priest
    demo lock
    crit chicken
    me(sv hunter)
    it's a workable group, unless your in SFK at the first boss.
    A bear tank is able to interrupt everything except Stay of Execution, which the lock should interrupt. I play a bear and have been in similar comps before and had no issues when people are interrupting when they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daurss View Post
    pala tank
    boomkin
    SP
    warlock
    resto druid

SFK first boss. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah. We had 10 stacks of the debuff and the boss was at full HP before we decided to reset him. Twice. 3'rd attempt paladin tank didnt use any abilities exapt hammer and AS to interrupt after the first 30 secs or so. "miss"ed a couple of mends but eventually we got him down.

Its tbh quite often that the group doesnt have any proper interrupts if i tank with my paladin, glad that changes now. Maybe you got a mage with a 24 sec CD interrupt or something, but that doesn't really help. Or then the only interrupter in the group doesnt even know what that ability is and doesnt manage even after telling him 5x.
    Gotta love those groups with warlocks who fail at first boss in SFK. I got that random 3 times, all 3 times we had a lock in a group who would say he doesn't have an interrupt and when we asked him to get his felhunter out he refused to do so ... Oh and 2 of the 3 locks put their DI on a PALADIN healer instead of a shadow priest, go figure >.<

I never inspect people I get from LFD but some of the setups are just horific.
    I got few comps that just blow my mind:
    1. Prot. pala (me) + 3x warrior + holy priest in Stonecore
    2. Prot. pala (me) + 3x shadow priest + resto druid in SFK
    3. Prot. pala (me) + boomkin + warrior + shadow priest + disc. priest in VP

Some of those comps are straight out incapable of completing the instances and the rest lacks CC in any reliable form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Druid (Me)
    Feral Druid (Tank)
    Feral DPS
    Balance DPS
    BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coronaas View Post
    today

deadmines (cant remember his name but robot boss zone in with dead bodies strewn about)
    me(pally tank) > do you know this fight
    hunter in suit > yes
    rest > silence
    pull the boss
    on first harvest both dps and healer die
    bubble and reset boss
    wtf why didn't you move
    druid healer > well maybe if you explained the fight before you pulled we wouldnt have died
    me > i asked if you knew the fight why didnt you say anything?
    druid > you were talking to the hunter you didnt ask me

i sat in stunned silence for a minute then put my face through a wall
    LOL, raid 101. People like that are the ones bitching about heroics being too hard..

Five death knights
    Five death knights o rlly?

..this is either a bad troll or someone awesomely reta

edit:srry forgot to quote it
    Last edited by WingsofLiberty; 2011-02-08 at 07:27 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I queued as both tank and healer on my pala alt.
    Got in a dungeon with a mage, hunter, dk, warrior and me as both tank and healer...must have bugged or something.
    We did the dungeon without healer beacuse godbless pala selfhealing at lowlvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    Five death knights o rlly?

..this is either a bad troll or someone awesomely reta

It was recommended at start of wotlk to do hellfire dungeons with 5 blood dks or 4 blood and one unholy due to INSANE healing.

Ontopic: 5 Blood elves

Deleted
    Worst setup was:
    Me (bear druid)
    UH DK
    2x frost DW DK's
    Shadowpriest (healer)

The priest was sure that he could heal as shadow, because he could in WotLK. Won't even bother to tell how the first pull ended (Didn't realize he was shadow untill after I pulled)

yea but most likely not by the dungeon finder i'm 100% sure it had to get in the group a healer class no matter what

1 protection warrior
    1 fury warrior (me)
    1 Arms warrior (full pvp)
    1 Unholy Death Knight
    1 Holy Paladin

Heroic Throne of the Tides....everyone was in like 355 or higher and the arms warrior had lots of pvp epics (not blues). AOE every trash pull, one of the faster runs I've had

still a bad comp but great group lol

Deleted
    Prot Warr (me)
    MM hunter (~2,5k dps)
    S-Priest (~3k dps)
    UH DK in blood presence (~5-6k dps)
    Resto Shaman (Guildy)

That HoO HC run was the worst one I've ever seen :/ After the UH DK then left, due to having to eat, the resto went Elemental, and we finally could down Rahj =.=