Deleted

Post [BIO] Thann Vandread

Name: Thann Vandread

Race: Human/Worgen

Class: A mix between Rogue/Warrior

Weapons:a 2 handed sword, and fist weapons.

Personality: Rather confident, but still not arrogant, though he can still lose his temper. He's a bit rough, but he is always nice on the ladies, almost an gentleman. (Something he picked up from his father, more on that in "History".)
    He takes things rather seriously, but still appreciates a good laugh every now and then.
    He sees the curse as a gift, and has embraced it, but he constantly has this voice of his wilder, worgen side of himself in his head, sometimes losing himself completely when he transform or on the heat of battle. He refers to the wilder Worgen side of himself as ''Silverbane''.
    He sees every single race as equals, though some races deserve to die. (Horde.)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Alliance, especially Worgen as himself, and Night elves. also has a soft spot for draenei. He likes dwarven ale and meat. He doesn't ever admit it, but he likes the thrill he gets of killing someone, a side he gained as he transformed into a worgen.
    Dislikes: Horde, especially the forsaken. Does not like vegetables and milk. He doesn't like "immature brats" and foolish people. He does not like "Evil deeds" unless they are necessary to achieve the objective.

Appearance: Average height and weight of a normal human/worgen, Gentle blue eyes when he's human, and Fiery red eyes as worgen. He has silver colored fur as a worgen, and as a human he usually wears an long cloak and clothes that covers his appearence. (Veils, cloaks, hoods.)

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: His strength, speed and quick mind.
    Weaknesses: Easily taunted, and loses his temper.

History: Thann Vandread was a child of the man Ivar Vandread, and his mothers name he had long ago forgotten.
    Thanns mother died when Thann was borned, and Ivar had raised him by himself. Ivar Vandread never spoke of his wife because it caused him too much pain.
    Thann easily got into trouble with the other kids in Gilneas, and his dad always scolded him for it.
    Though, he had learned to never lay hand on an lady. He had seen his father being accused for something that Thann didn't know anything about. The lady had slapped him, and later some gilnean men had started beating him aswell. But Ivar stood up again, every time he was beaten down.

Thann witnessed the event with wide open eyes, and he kept wondering why his dad didn't fight back.
    Finally the men walked away, and Ivar spit blood on the ground.

Thann carefully walked up to him, and picked up his hat that he had lost during the so called "fight" and gave it back to him.
    Ivar smiled and knelt down to Thann and said: "Thanks son."
    But Thann didn't smile back. He almost yelled at his dad: "Why didn't you fight back!? Why didn't you hit that woman who hurt you, and her men aswell!? why did you just stay there and take it!?" Thann said and spit on the ground. "Coward" he said.

Ivar Vandread suddenly got a serious expression on his face. Still kneeling, he grabbed his son and looked him in his eyes.
    "I would NEVER hit a lady, and i would i NEVER hit men that are weaker than i am. A man who can only talk with his fists is no man at all. This is something very important you must understand Thann. Never hit a woman. And never hit those who are weaker than you, even if they deserve it."

His father was well known in Gilneas for his fighting skills, and he was quite popular.
    There used to be a saying in the local taverns that if you mistreated someone, the Vandread might show up at your doorstep.
    But since he was quite well known and liked, he ofcourse had enemies.
    Thann saw his father with new eyes. He knew that his father easily could take down atleast three of those men. He had seen him fighting before, in a local tavern where he simply lost his temper with a couple of men his age that was pestering the citizens.

"Yes father" Thann replied, and Ivar smiled again.
    "Good" Ivar said when he saw that Thann really ment it.
    "Then perhaps you are ready for some training Thann. You seem to have grown these last couple of years, both in body and in mind. You're not getting into as many fights as you usually do." Ivar said and laughed.

A couple of years went by, and Thann grew. He was at the age of 19 when word got around about a mysterious disease, and disappearing people.
    By this time, he had learned the ways of the warrior from his father, and the way of the rogue from his teacher.
    Then it happened.
    The day that the savage worgen broke through.
    Thanns father was one of the very first ones to be bitten, and to be put down by his fellow men.
    Thann got bitten by the very same worgen that had bitten his father. Ivar had been overpowered by their former neighbour, and the savage beast had manahed to bite them both before Ivar got a hold of his gun, and put his neighbour down.

Thann witnessed his fathers transformation, and the memory of him saying farewell and then running out into the soldiers, still transforming, was something he would never be able to forget.
    Thann tried to stop the soldiers, but they shot him anyway, not listening to any objections he had.
    Then the wound started pulsating, and he ran away before the soldiers noticed that he'd been bitten.

"Give up" a voice said inside his head.
    "Your family is dead, your friends are dead, your neightbours are dead, everyone you knew are DEAD" the voice said.
    Thann ran into an empty house and sat down in the corner, and tried to clear his thoughts. But the voice wouldn't go away.
    "WHO ARE YOU!?" than yelled with all his might.
    "Me?" the voice replied.
    "I am you, Thann. The other side of you which have been born today. You may call me Silverbane."
    "Get out of my head!!" Thann yelled.
    "Is that the way you want to talk to the man who is about to save your life?" Silverbane said.

Thann froze and asked: "What do you mean?" with an weak voice.
    "You have been bitten. You and i are one now. I will sooner or later come out of this wretched corner of your mind and break free. The only downside is that i'm stuck with you."
    "Get to the point!" Thann yelled.
    "The point is, you will become one of those things you call beasts. and you know what happens to those beasts, right?"
    Thann saw the image of his father being shot to death.

"What must i do?" Thann asked.
    "Run" Silverbane replied.
    "Run to the forests, where your brethren are. There you will be accepted."

Thann had no time to waste, and Silverbane went quiet. He sneaked around and ran the last bit, and made his way into the forest.
    A day afterwards, he started to transform, and Silverbane took over. He no longer had any control over his actions, but he could still communicate with the savage beast.
    As unlikely as it sounds, they eventualy accepted eachother. they felt no disgust whatsoever, and eventually, Thann submitted to the ways of the savage beasts, becoming one of them in his own mind.

One day, when they were hunting for food, and the Gilneans caught them. They got chained up and were put in a cage with steel bars.
    A human approached the cage, and Thann/Silverbane roared at him.
    The human knelt down and stared into their face.
    The human said: "My name is Isers. I am a friend of the man formerly known as Ivar Vandread. Does that name ring a bell, worgen?
    They began growling and stared at the human.
    "Are you really Thann Vandread, Son of Ivar Vandread? Or are you just another savage beast? Were i mistaken when we saw you running wild in the woods?"

Suddenly, a stream of memories came back to Thann, and they backed off from the human named Isers.
    "Heh." Isers said.
    "I guess we'll find out, soon enough." he said, and walked away. He suddenly stopped and said: "You're lucky that your father was a respectable man among the citizens. Even the nobles has heard of his deeds."
    Isers stared into the night, catching his breath and said:
    "You're lucky we found you. You're lucky that I found you. I'd recognize that look in your eyes anywhere, even if you have..changed.
    Isers sighed, and mumbled: "If you even are Thann Vandread that is..hopefully i'm not mistaken."

He walked away, and 8 men came to bring him to the camp. Thann/Silverbane was surprisingly peaceful, and did not resist as they led them to the camp.

They gave him a potion which King Greymane had officially allowed, and Thann regained his memories, his emotions, everything.
    Thann decided to defend the kingdom that had raised him, and allowing him to spend time with his now diseased father. He understood that he army did what had to be done.
    Greymanes army of Gilneas and the Forsaken of the horde clashed in battle, and Thann survived every single encounter due to his newfound powers.
    He had embraced them, and Silverbane, while still being in controll.
    He saw his friends die on the battlefield, further fueling his hatered and will to fight.

Eventually, the war had subsided, and King genn Greymane had made a pact with the Alliance.
    Thann was released from the army, wanting to explore the world that his father had discovered before him.
    The survivors of the clash with the forsaken still talked about Thann, and so did the remaining civilians that remembered him.
    Thann had on the day he took off, left nothing but a single letter, simply saying; "I'll be back as soon as you need me."

And so begins the adventures of Thann Vandread, also known as Silverbane, The bounty hunter. (He became an bounty hunter due to his hatered for the horde during his time in the army.)

Also: Sorry for any grammar mistakes. English isn't my mother tounge. (I'm from scandinavia ^^)
    Last edited by mmoc0dc02ab222; 2011-02-07 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good solid bio. Im a little busy right now but if I find anything you need to fix ill tell you. Looks pretty good right now though.

Deleted
    Thanks, awaiting further replies & critisism, and maybe a mod 2 look at it

I must admit I'm no expert on worgen Lore but I think the bio is fine, except for one little detail that bothers me personally, which is the special commendation by Greymane; for something like that a reason would be appropriate.

Apart from that nothing wrong

Deleted
    You're right, edited that part out
    thanks for feedback. Still waiting for approval

You wouldn't have to edit it out if you gave us an awesome reason for it to be there; but well too close connections to lore characters are frowned upon so maybe you are better off without;
    And approval may take some time atm; Madgod and Blackmage are busy IRL as far as I know; but stay with us

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good bio, lore seems to fir for the most part.

I liked the idea that his Worgen part of him is sort of like the Hyde to his Jekyl.

The only real thing I disliked was the Godfrey dialog from the cutscene. it makes sense in the context of the Worgen starting area because you know Greymane and you receive the majority of your orders either from Greymane himself or from Godfrey. In your case your character has never met Godfrey (at least from what I could tell in the bio) so it's unlikely that he would have taken a particular interest in your character's case.

Other than that it's fine from a lore point of view.

Deleted
    Thanks for the critisism all, i edited a bit so it makes a tad more sense why my character got to survive

@ Khorianas: I like my character to be kind of known, but not really a hero of his people, hence why i removed it from the text, and as you said: I'm probably better of without connections to famous lore characters

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    And approval may take some time atm; Madgod and Blackmage are busy IRL as far as I know; but stay with us
    I'm here, you bastard... just nommin on some stir-fry :P

I'll take a look at this as soon as I'm done with a couple things, should take only a few minutes.

EDIT: Everything's pretty solid, though I'm inclined to agree with Ara on the cutscene dialogue. Vou may want to change that a touch, maybe he got captured by those townsfolk instead.

Deleted
    Decided to completly edit out godfrey and replace him with Ivar Vandreads friend.
    Godfrey just didn't seem to really fit in.

thoughts?

I am here as well >.> Just busy like heck with real life issues, Khorianas.

On topic, very nice, and welcome! (I only skimmed, so no major feedback.)