Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    M-M-O champion. Not "W-O-W champion".
    meaning: wow is the champion of MMOs. simply because there's no wow in the url doesn't mean the site isn't dedicated to wow (as you can clearly see if you ever read the frontpage).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    If not give it a rest, or send them a bill for your advertising services.
    Yep. I get 10$ everytime I praise rift. Speaking of which, Rift is awesome guys. Screw wow!

new games, for me? I promise I wont quit them this time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Bouboille made a front-page post a looong time ago (Think it was in vanilla or BC), where he explained that WoW was such a big game, and required so much info to be posted, that MMO-CHamp was gonna be dedicated to WoW.

He kept the name MMO-champion so that he wouldn't have to change the sites name when WoW falls.

Besides, WoW IS champion of MMO, so it only makes sense that a WoW-site is named MMO-Champion^^
    This. I mean, look at the forum categories. the only group that isn't dedicated to WoW is - surprise - Off-Topic.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    LOL someone can't accept that not everyone is happy with WoW. Well here is your surprise buddy. Some people don't like WoW anymore. I know, it's shocking. Some of them want to move on somewhere that they actually enjoy. Now here is the part you won't understand at all. They want to discuss things with others with similar interests. It's called a sense of community. You see this is the OFF TOPIC area, and more specifically the VIDEO GAME sub forum. So they come here to chat with others who like video games, and then to share their experiences.

Now I must ask, are you paid by blizz to try and cover their ass. If not, why does it matter to you that so many are leaving WoW. If you still enjoy the game, play it. It shouldn't matter to you who is leaving for what game. That's their concern. Now I will 100% agree if they start posting them in the general forum. That forum is all about WoW and it would be wrong. In this particular forum though it's fine.

What you should do instead of try to get people to stop talking about the fact that they are moving is try to figure out why they are leaving. Then you can suggest to blizz that they improve those areas of the game. Of course, it will be hilarious when your post is promptly deleted while you receive a temp ban from them.
    dude you you read a lot into a few words there.
    Aggressive language aside, frankly I don't give a crap who plays what, it's your money. Stop clogging wow centric sites with your personal drama with the game. Chances are nobody gives a shit you are leaving. The only people who care are the people with the game you bought that you are advertising for.

What you should do is stop assuming that if someone posts something against rift they must be FOR WOW. In fact I have no issue about the game. I dislike the player base that is forming, its like crack feinds that have one buddy that is sober. Come on man one hit .. you will like it. Folks don't realise thats how you end up nude behind taco bell with 15 naked mexicans.

I don't work for blizzard its not my job to tell them anything. MY JOB is to get the most I can out of the 15 bucks I'm blowing a month to play that game. OH and trust me I am.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-02-06 at 10:11 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

It's no mystery why people keep talking about Rift. It simply comes down to these facts:

1) Rift is new and fresh
    2) Some people aren't currently happy with WoW, therefore are attracted to Rift
    3) The visuals in Rift are naturally better than WoW (cos WoW is intentionally "cartooney")
    4) Rift, even if you hate to admit it, is actually quite a well polished MMO.

These are the simple reasons why so many people are talking about Rift.
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

I am sure these sites are better suited to pro rift propaganda. Try them.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/
    http://twitter.com/RIFTgame
    http://www.facebook.com/RIFTgame
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I am sure these sites are better suited to pro rift propaganda. Try them.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/
    http://twitter.com/RIFTgame
    http://www.facebook.com/RIFTgame
    Hey newbie (Oct 2010), some of us have been following MMO champion for a long time. I've been playing WoW for 6+ years. Its getting a bit stale. I didn't register at MMOchamp before 2009 since i didn't need/want to post before that even.

I agree in principle, that rift commentary should be limited to the handful of threads already started; if nothing else it consolidates the conversation into one easy place to follow. That said, Rift is nearing launch and this sub-forum is for OTHER video games. You can read any of the other forums for your WoW stuff.

I hope that, at some point in time, MMO-Champ opens some sub-forums for other MMOs -- namely rift in this case. I think the game is worthy of at least a dedicated area to discuss... it really is that good.

You complain about Rift threads here, yet you make one about Rift yourself? You're doing the same thing you accuse people of, advertising Rift.

Now stfu, lock this thread, and i'll see everyone in 3 weeks time in Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    M-M-O champion. Not "W-O-W champion".
    Have you ever looked at the front page of mmo-champion? It is very obvious that it's a WoW site.

Its not that you guys are leaving, i can understand that and its fine. Its just that your group wont shut the hell up... you want to move onto a new game? That's fine, move on, more power to you. The point OP is making with such a small statement is that we (in general) do not care.
    I already said this on another thread about Rift, but these people remind me of music hipsters. The ones who hunt for obscure bands that no one has ever heard of, and try and be the first to jump on what they believe will be the bandwagon.

The hope, I assume, is that they will appear cool once it goes mainstream because they'll be able to say "I knew this was cool before everyone else".
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    It's a WoW forum, posts about "ZOGM WOW SUX IM' QUITING" aren't necessary.

Oh hey look, 1337 posts.
    yeah, these posts are getting quite repetitive :/

omg 1337 posts! don't ever post again

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    If someone called their website worldofwarcraftinfo but all the content was about Aion, what website is it supporting?
    That being said, there are multiple forums for different games in the top bar.
    And there is an off-topic video game section on here. Which need I remind you that you are posting in. World of Warcraft information/talk doesn't belong here this is for other games - move along.

I agree people make too many new threads. However I don't think their posts are wrong I just wish they would consolidate them to one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahiko3 View Post
    You complain about Rift threads here, yet you make one about Rift yourself? You're doing the same thing you accuse people of, advertising Rift.

Now stfu, lock this thread, and i'll see everyone in 3 weeks time in Rift.
    I question why anyone bothers to do the markeing for these people, not that rift threads exist themselves.
    can you show me on any rift centric sties where people are busting in with pro wow drama?

If I was on rift like i am wow, I would ask the same question. Are you being paid to advertise wow on a rift centric site?
    You can flame that and me all you want but the thing is, why are you bothering, and why are you so hateful over it?
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-02-06 at 10:40 PM.

i suggest hello kitty island adventure that game is awesome and way better than rift or wow

/walk away with my banned self

Trion is giving away in-game items for every 10 posts about rift you make in any WoW related forum.
    You heard it here first.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ferel View Post
    This. I mean, look at the forum categories. the only group that isn't dedicated to WoW is - surprise - Off-Topic.
    What section of the website are you in? Surprise - off topic!

In this thread; fanboys defend "their" game.

I still don't know why people argue over such pathetic things, do you really care of Bob over there thinks WoW is better than Rift? Did you help develop Rift? Do you have some sort of financial stake in its future?

I think a lot of it comes down to there are many people who have a lot of time invested in WoW and are not satisfied with its current state. These people are also probably excited and hopeful for a change, so it’s not so unreasonable for them to post a thread about the topic on a site dedicated to a similar video game.

I am bored to tears with WoW at the moment. I would love to be optimistic about a viable replacement for WoW. Unfortunately, I don’t think Rift will have any staying power. So I sit here and wait…

I have no intentions of playing Rift. People just need to understand that this is the off topic video game section and other games do get talked about. Its not a sin.