Mastery for disc

with the buff to PW:S in the next patch, should a disc priest start stacking mastery, over haste or crit?

For PvP, no. A purge could effectively nullify all your stats.
    For PvE, I still believe it is weak, although a theorycrafter could perhaps show evidence.

The value of Mastery is not changing, PW:S got baseline buff. Its scaling with SP / Mastery are not changing afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    The value of Mastery is not changing, PW:S got baseline buff. Its scaling with SP / Mastery are not changing afaik.
    Mastery increases all absorbtion effects by X%, which means the bigger the base PW:S is, the bigger the mastery bonus for it will be. Mastery definitely gets better with 4.0.6 as a result, but only when casting PW:S. Mastery is already solid for both tank healing and raid healing.

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    Mastery definitely gets better with 4.0.6 as a result, but only when casting PW:S.
    With the change to PoH where crits apply additional absorb, there's a gain in the value of Mastery there as well. And on that note, anyone have any idea just how much that additional amount on crit is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    And on that note, anyone have any idea just how much that additional amount on crit is?
    30% of the critical heal?

30% of the PoH + 30% of the critical heal

So essentially you get 60% of the PoH as a DA if it crits. Sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

30% of the critical heal?

30% of the PoH + 30% of the critical heal

So essentially you get 60% of the PoH as a DA if it crits. Sexy.
    To my knowledge a 30% figure has never been clarified by Blizzard, rather being always left in the murky, undefined terms as shown in the latest notes: "Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect."

Is this something you've personally tested or seen reports from people who have tested on the PTR? It 'makes sense' that we would see the normal 30% (before mastery) of the crit heal amount, but their use of the vague phrase "a bonus amount" instead of the simple explanatory "their normal effect" leaves me hesitant to make that assumption. And Blizzard isn't known for always doing things that make sense -- or offering clear patch notes, for that matter.

That's why I was hoping for clarification from someone who has confirmed its DA output on the PTR. Of course, it's just a scant 36 hours till I'll be able to test it on live for myself. Oh, wait - big patch day... better make that 42 hours

Deleted
    SP scaling is doubled too. PW:S is close to 1 absorb per point of SP on PTR. Not sure on mastery scaling - didn't play around with that. I'll check later.

PoH DA procs are doubled for crits. i.e. if you get 3k on a 10k normal, you'll get 6k on a 10k crit. This typically means ~85% DA for crits with mastery.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 12:55 PM ----------

Double checked PTR, I'm getting 366 extra absorb from inner fire's 532 SP buff on live, 766 on PTR.