Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool "HALFUS 10 HC" <---Reporting in--- >

Good evening, i've read throught several posts tonight, but cant find any exact solution for my setup, so im coming to you and ask for ur guys suggestion about everything in the halfus 10man HC fight with this group setup..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pala - tank (can also go as ret)
    Pala tank
    Druid - feral ( can also go as tank)
    Pala - Holy
    Shaman - resto (can also go ele)
    Priest - disc/holy
    Priest - shadow/disc/holy
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Hunter

--------------------------------------------------------------

Our gear is like over an average of 3/5 Tier 11 each person, so quite good i wud say!

Please dont say just get an mage for interupts during roar and such, cause this setup is my only opportunity, so lets get it going from there.

---

So what dragon rotation, what to kill first, what setup is ur suggestion.. everything is appriciated
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2011-02-07 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    U need 3tanks, 3healer (1disc)

btw use the search function, many threads about halfus 10hc

Please dont say just get an mage for interupts during roar and such, cause this setup is my only opportunity, so lets get it going from there.
    I've read that it's possible to interrupt with any class that can interrupt if you're orc and have the stun reduction meta gem. Don't know if it's true or not.

Basic Tank & Healer Setup:
    2 Pala Tanks & Bear
    Holy Pala, Disc Priest, Resto Shaman
    Rest DPS (Warlock Demo)

Bear takes Halfus only with cooldowns in the beginning (like right at the pull). Gets HoP (should have /cancelaura Hand of Protection bound to EVERY spell) at 8+ stacks and continues tanking Halfus.
    One Pala Tank (A) takes Nether Scion & Storm Rider, other Pala Tank (B) takes whelps & Time Warden.

Disc Priest basically only spams Smite on Halfus (Pre-pull Shield, Renew, PoM and Greater Heal pre-cast) besides coordinating Pain Suppresion & Power Word: Barrier with tanks. Holy Paladin focus on the Tank with 2 Nether Scion & Storm Rider while Resto Shamy keeps an eye on the other Pala tank + does some group heal.
    ----
    Execution:
    Release all of the 3 drakes (and whelps) immediately at the pull. Pala Tank A releases Storm Rider, Hunter releases Nether Scion and misdirects it to Pala Tank A. Pala Tank B releases Time Warden and anyone (like rogue) releases whelps. Make sure that they spam-click their stuff so the boss is immediately debuffed and doesn't get a fast Shadow Nova off.
    Stack up the 3 drakes and whelps in Halfus, AoE down whelps as fast as possible without anyone dying to aggro (Rogue tricks on Pala Tank B, HoP on warlock if neccessary).
    After that focus Time Warden, then the 2 other drakes (whichever is lower at the time).
    While this happens, the bear should have gotten to 8+ stacks rather fast in the beginning and after the HoP gets the stacks more slowly on him. When this becomes too hard to heal (8-10+ stacks), Pala Tank B taunts Halfus off. Time Warden *should* be around the 30% range or lower by now. After stacks on the bear are cleared, he immediately taunts Halfus back - same with Pala Tank B as soon as his stacks drop. This continues till Pala Tank A is free, then the 2 paladins switch with the stacks while the druid goes cat.
    Make sure the Protadins rotate their RaidWalls & Holy Radiance in the beginning (while Breath 1 & 2 might be good moments even if the breath doesn't deal that much damage with whelps out) and help out with (mouseover) Word of Glory heals.

About interupting: Rogue + the tank who is currently tanking Halfus (or one of the other tanks) should focus-kick Halfus (/cast [@focus] Kick) while drakes are alive and then just normally rotate kicks when they are dead. For Furious Roar use Bubbles (Prots got HoJ interupt) and HoPs on other interupters (Rogue/Shamy). If this is not enough, use Free Action Potions instead of DPS ones for the people in question (Rogue/Shaman/Prot Paladins).
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-02-07 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typos

use Free Action Potions instead of DPS ones for the people in question (Rogue/Shaman/Prot Paladins)
    Those pots can't be used by lvl 85s anymore.

You'll need to use hand of protection and self bubbles for interrupts so figure out a rotation. Also make sure you stack all of the drakes on top of halfus and have the entire raid with 15 yds to get smite heals. If you are having trouble with 3 healers go to four (shadow priest goes smite disc) and see if you can beat the enrage.

If you trust your resto shaman you could have him pick up the spirit to hit conversion talent in the Ele tree (believe its in the first tier) and have him do every single interrupt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushed View Post
    If you trust your resto shaman you could have him pick up the spirit to hit conversion talent in the Ele tree (believe its in the first tier) and have him do every single interrupt.
    its in the second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    I've read that it's possible to interrupt with any class that can interrupt if you're orc and have the stun reduction meta gem. Don't know if it's true or not.
    Correct, this does indeed work.

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    U need 3tanks, 3healer (1disc)

btw use the search function, many threads about halfus 10hc
    3 Tanks isn't necessary, 2 is doable if you're not terrible. Disc priests are invaluable.

If you're alliance you can always use the human racial to get a few interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    its in the second tier.
    Which makes it completely possible for resto to pick up still. You may lose points in resto but you're still capable of getting it.

Deleted
    You have 3 pallys. Soooo

Step 1: Make sure they are all Belf.
    Step 2: Bubble and arcane torrent.
    Step 3: ????????
    Step 4: Profit!

We do it with 4 healers (2 disc priests) and 2 tanks. We release all but slate @ the start, demo lock+ prot warrior take care of the whelps while our rogue fok's to keep up the aoe 8% spell damage. we kill Storm/whelps -> Time -> Nether. BoP stacks off of our warrior tank to start (he also runs away from halfus after pulling to avoid getting stacks for the first 5-6 seconds while nether is released). We don't release slate because when we did every time we got a roar the tank with the drake would die. We released slate in the last 30-45 seconds and I (Rdruid) kite it if it looks like we may hit the enrage. To kite it I've got rocket boots/dash and 2x life grips. A tank will also taunt at times if it looks like I'm going to die to it.

Thanks for every advice here, really helpfull!

Deleted
    We plan to do Halfus 10 man Heroic on Wednesday(not sure how much demo warlock aoe is getting nerfed) with this setup:

Tanks:

Prot Warrior / Blood DK

Heal:
    Disc Priest / Resto Druid / Holy Paladin

Damage:
    Assasination Rogue / Balance Druid / Fire Mage / Elemental Shaman/ Demonology Warlock

Do we have a good chance with this setup? Im not sure if our healers can manage it. Maybe use a 4th healer?

Deleted
    drop the rogue take a 3rd tank.

Deleted
    I actually need the rogue because he is the best dps we have and if I had to change vs a tank oder a heal I would dropt the shaman

We had a similar setup than you in our kill
    Tanks: Prot warrior - Feral druid
    Heal: Disc Priest / Resto Druid / Holy paladin
    DPS: Assa rogue / Ele shaman / Fire mage / arms warrior / ret paladin

You might have a chance, but one of the advantage we had 2 bops. The main issue you're going to have (if your ele shaman gets all the interrupts as he should), will be getting rid of that debuff off the tank, which hurts healing pretty bad. Otherwise, 3 healers is plenty enough to manage the damage output. It gets significantly easier once you got 3 drakes down.

Our shaman was definitely pivotal to our kill, having reliable interrupts is worth more than the extra dps - unless your shaman is really bad at interrupting.
    Last edited by dyalad; 2011-02-08 at 11:52 AM.

Are there any chances to do it without disc? our priest doesn't want to heal as disc.

Well, to be fair, he's going to atonement heal, so that's hardly what I'd call healing. I've seen kills around with a non-disc priest, but if your priest isn't willing to be flexible, you're going to find 10 man heroics quite difficult, because so far the general concensus is that a lot of role and spec stacking is required.