Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    U2 had a fantastic halftime show back in 2002
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    WHY WAS SLASH THERE?

Edit: Daft punk halftime show. http://twitition.com/2hsxa
    After the suit lit up this is exactly what i thought

At least it isn't the Jonas Brothers again. That was a tragedy.
    "I owe my solitude to other people."- Alan Watts

10+ Year Old Account
    Slash was the ONLY bright side of halftime. I was actually laughing more at the epic fail than at any of the commercials other than the Audi one.
    I heard Daft Punk in one of the clips that was shown before the game and thought "Hell yes! That is what needs to be played at halftime!" Sadly someone at the party went "Holy crap, that is from Tron!" that killed all happiness in me at that time.
    Whoever said Daft Punk for halftime next year, absolutely. AC/DC would work as well, or Metallica.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Slash was nice, but BEP... amg
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

10+ Year Old Account
    It was definently the all time worst performance I've ever seen in my life.

I was laughing out loud when Slash showed up.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Thank god it wasn't a metal band or even worse , straight rap, but it was pretty bad. I don't know how people can say Slash was the best part when I could only hear about 3 of the notes he played. He got drowned out badly.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Thank god it wasn't a metal band or even worse , straight rap, but it was pretty bad. I don't know how people can say Slash was the best part when I could only hear about 3 of the notes he played. He got drowned out badly.
    Metal or straight rap would have been a lot better. Eminem is from the general area, so you know he's put a lot of heart into it(and he'd be hte obvious choice). Metal bands also typically have music skill, and in the stage of the superbowl, you can bet your ass that they'd play the show of their lives. However, playing the MTV favorite of the year is not football. Black Eyed peas is not football, it's sweet sixteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post

wahaha

nuff said
    GASP! I made a thread about her wearign that before you posted it!

OT: BEP aren't that bad, not my cup of tea, but not bad. It was the sound department that fucked it up.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsOlympics View Post
    it wasn't something i'd add to my playlist but I got a kick outta watching it. Certainly was more entertaining than The Who last year because I'm not older than 40. Actually, i can't tell you if it was more entertaining because right after the halftime show started last year I changed the channel which is something I didn't do with the BEP this year so technically they succeeded.

JT + jackson were better tho
    Since when does age have anything to do with enjoying the music? I am flipping 24 and listen to music from long before I was ever born. It says something about your intelligence too when you listen to music from back then. God kids who grow up on this mainstream garbage are as dumb as the idiots who let these hacks put out music. I could list off a whole whack of bands who actually know how to play music and would put BEP to absolute shame, and still get the audience into it more. You play live to be a performer and play the music, not auto tune and lip synch it like some people do these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Edit: Daft punk halftime show. http://twitition.com/2hsxa
    Please God, do NOT let this happen.

But yeah this last one wasn't too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I thought fergie was a good singer once.. The half time show proved me wrong.. It reminded me of an elementary school talent show.. or Youtube.

Atleast Usher and Slash were there to help my bleeding ears a bit.
    http://twitter.com/DeionSanders/stat...16842059550724

Quote Originally Posted by 5:03 PM Feb 6th via Twitter for Android
    Y'all leave Christina alone i was just informed that was the remix. The nfl was running behind so she was sweet enough to help us out.

that halftime show was such a throwback.. fergie was wearing shadowcraft shoulders, soo vanilla lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedriver View Post
    U2 had a fantastic halftime show back in 2002
    U2? The worst band ever U2? Or are you talking about a different U2.

Did you mean to say "youtube?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Since when does age have anything to do with enjoying the music? I am flipping 24 and listen to music from long before I was ever born. It says something about your intelligence too when you listen to music from back then. God kids who grow up on this mainstream garbage are as dumb as the idiots who let these hacks put out music. I could list off a whole whack of bands who actually know how to play music and would put BEP to absolute shame, and still get the audience into it more. You play live to be a performer and play the music, not auto tune and lip synch it like some people do these days.
    I'm glad to see there are some other people out there who share my sane views on music. Could not agree more or have said it better myself. Well, perhaps a bit more ranting would do.

OT: BEP and those like them are a cancerous plague upon our society and music industry, not that the industry itself even retains any respect nowadays. Half time show was horrible beyond that which words could describe.

I admit, that has got to be the most embarassing performance I've ever seen. That was horrible. Horrible. Horrible...I mean, they only sang one of their own songs (I think?) and the rest they just stole from other bands and made them bad or worse. So apparently instruments are too hard for them and so is writing your own terrible music to sing as poorly as you can. That was so damn dumb, they had better make a good choice next year, and whoever they pick better have a damn intstrument.

Also, The Who is/was a very talented band, the lead singer certainly doesn't sound like he used to which kind of dimiinshed his mucis but that happens to most musicians...a few are lucky and still have a decent voice in their '60s, like Paul McCartney. This shit involved no talent, at all, maybe they have talent but they sure as hell didn't show it.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2011-02-08 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there has never been a half time show that i ever liked. this year was no exception. i like the BEPs but that show was terribad.

zakk wilde should have been there

I agree that The Who did put on a better show but they weren't as good as they used to be. McCartney would put on a great show.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

And this is why all concerts should be lip synching.