Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, in fact still do. I don't know if nostalgia has me remembering cartoons better than they are now or what, but cartoons don't seem as awesome nowadays.
There are various reasons for this FCC rules and laws implemented around 2000 chief among them. For instance for a regular broadcast show it is now illgeal to show a sugar cereal ad OR toy ad(if it's from the same show) during them thus removing profits and why fox kids style setups died from broadcast. Then if you keep up on parents complaints even shows like power rangers are considered "too violent" even for a 7-8 year old audience. So TV ratings also play a part. If you notice action shows died down ALOT and were by and large replaced by comedies mainly featuring fart jokes. Lately more action oriented shows are coming back but not as many. It also seems like around 2000 almost exclusively anime(otaku here of insane levels so nothing against anime) or imported shows were being aired and local ones diminished so it's almost as if people forgot how to make action shows by and large. Some notable exceptions did exist in this period such as Ben 10 and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake. Also pretty sure there was 1 other new law that attributed t it but i think i covered mos of the bases.