Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Shadow] Best Raid Gear Available - 4.0.6 -- Updated March 5, 2011

Removed from site.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-10-10 at 11:49 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

# Yelow Smoke Pendant / Lightning Flash Pendant
    Wildhammer Clan / Dragonmaw Clan - Exalted
    309.8069 = 190 + 63.9445 + 33.402 + 22.4604 {Crit-to-Mastery}

this doesnt look right, uve labeled it .07 better than one with haste and mastery, are u saying crit is just below haste? i think its got to be a mistake since uve posted crit to mastery as its reforge since that item has both crit and mastery on it

either uve made a mistake or im very confused

the head from sinestra is bis.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket list seems odd. Serpent is quite a bit better than Mirror(Normal) mastery, even in 4.0.6 won't be that desirable compared to pure SP.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    # Yelow Smoke Pendant / Lightning Flash Pendant
    Wildhammer Clan / Dragonmaw Clan - Exalted
    309.8069 = 190 + 63.9445 + 33.402 + 22.4604 {Crit-to-Mastery}

this doesnt look right, uve labeled it .07 better than one with haste and mastery, are u saying crit is just below haste? i think its got to be a mistake since uve posted crit to mastery as its reforge since that item has both crit and mastery on it

either uve made a mistake or im very confused
    Yep, there was a mistake on my part when fat-fingering in values. Should be correct values now.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Trinket list seems odd. Serpent is quite a bit better than Mirror(Normal) mastery, even in 4.0.6 won't be that desirable compared to pure SP.
    Assuming 100% uptime on both, Serpent is on a 120sec cooldown ((((1425sp*20sec uptime)/120sec CD)*0.7765 PP) = 165.976875), whereas the normal Mirror is on a 90second ICD ((((1926mastery*20sec uptime)/90sec CD)*0.4404 PP) = 169.64208). As you can see, Mirror already has a slight edge. Mirror also has 36 more Int, or 36 PP more.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-02-07 at 07:52 AM. Reason: equations were incorrect, fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Yep, there was a mistake on my part when fat-fingering in values. Should be correct values now.

Assuming 100% uptime on both, Serpent is on a 120sec cooldown (((1425sp/120sec)*0.7765 PP) = 165.976875), whereas the normal Mirror is on a 90second ICD ((1926mastery/90sec)*0.4404 PP) = 169.64208). As you can see, Mirror already has a slight edge. Mirror also has 36 more Int, or 36 PP more.
    Yes but with how our mastery works, this really isn't true. Our Mastery is complete RNG and I found myself completely wasting the mirrors proc, which does nothing for us unless we get a shadow orb.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Yes but with how our mastery works, this really isn't true. Our Mastery is complete RNG and I found myself completely wasting the mirrors proc, which does nothing for us unless we get a shadow orb.
    Yes, it is true. The mastery is still up, and over a large sample size it equates out to having an average of an additonal 428 mastery up at any given second. Simucraft takes all of this in to account when figuring out PP values. If you'd rather have an RNG on all of your spells (crit) as opposed to two (mastery), then that is your choice. However, over the long run and not one-off observations, Mastery is going to provide a larger DPS gain.

# Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    Darkmoon Faire / Volcanic Deck
    583.58878 = 416 + 64.448 + 84.9972 + 18.14358 {Mastery-to-Haste}

why is this bis? im just curious.. and

# Bell of Enraging Resonance (Heroic)
    Blackwing Decent: Atramedes / Heroic-10/25
    507.0619 = 338.2434 + 73.0075 + 95.811 {Crit-to-Haste}

have u noted that its going to be on spell cast and not on crit in 4.0.6?

Deleted
    well i have a gear set i lvl 359 wich in simcraft is the best set you can get in 4.0.6

it looks like this

Head Mercurial Hood (359)

Neck Valiona's Medallion (359)

Shoulders Mercurial Shoulderwraps (359)

Back Ritssyn's Ruminous Drape (359)

Robe Mercurial Vestment (359)

Wrist Bracers of the Bronze Flight (359)

Hands Brackish Gloves (359)

Waist Soul Breath Belt of the Undertow (359)

Legs Mercurial Leggings (359)

Feet Slippers of Moving Waters (359)

Finger Signet of the Fifth Circle (359)

Finger Planetary Band of the Undertow (359)

Trinket Darkmoon Card: Volcano (359)

Trinket Theralion's Mirror (359)

Main Hand Incineratus (359)

Deleted
    May I humbly refer all those in doubt to Shadowpriestdotcom where a full list of best raid gear for 4.0.3/ 4.0.6 resides.

You can also go to askmrrobot.com to get BiS gear lists based on stat weights. This site still isn't letting me post actual links... Here is a link that uses the stat weights at the top of this post:
    askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/priestshadow#v0-o50300421-w0,2,yl,0V7T099tggYx,L4AIC63

I personally prefer to weight Hit/Spirit higher to achieve a set that looks like this:
    askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/priestshadow#v0-o50300421-w0,2,14h,099t1100ffYx,AIC4L63

Keep in mind that the site is balancing the entire set of gear. You can click on the "..." button by any item to see a ranked item list which is independent of the other gear equipped. That ranked list assumes the best gem/reforge combination on the item.

The only things missing from the site right now that 4.0.6 affects are the new wrist enchants and new meta gems. Those will all be available when 4.0.6 goes live.

I am going to be updating the trinket estimates to be more accurate based on the observed in-game mechanics. That update will also be in the 4.0.6 update to the site. I don't think that it will greatly affect the trinket list, though. Volcano and Theralion's Mirror are still the best right now.

Quote Originally Posted by letusflay View Post
    May I humbly refer all those in doubt to Shadowpriestdotcom where a full list of best raid gear for 4.0.3/ 4.0.6 resides.
    Unless there has been an update in the last day, the lists available on ShadowPriest.com are incomplete (not all 372 gear included), out of date (old PP values and for 4.0.3), and uses incorrect calculations (.5/.5 for reforging when it is. 6/.4). Those are a few of the reasons why I am putting this list together.

For anyone who is wondering, I have to add items by hand to my database that feeds my script that generates these lists so there might be an occasional error/mistake (like the Rep necklace above). Please point out any possible inconsistencies and be patient while I get additional slots added.

This is what i have been looking for since Shadowpriest.com is becoming very unreliable, thanks. Can we Sticky this or put it into the guide?

This is definitely a great list so far. I was wondering when we can get a few more updates to it. I understand it takes you quite a bit of time but even if one more slot gets updated, it would be really nice. Anyways thanks for taking the time to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaan View Post
    This is definitely a great list so far. I was wondering when we can get a few more updates to it. I understand it takes you quite a bit of time but even if one more slot gets updated, it would be really nice. Anyways thanks for taking the time to do this.
    I've been busy making alterations to my script so that I can generate the proper BBCode for both here and HowToPriest.com instead of adding more items. I won't be raiding tonight (other RL things getting in the way...), but tomorrow night I'll probably be able to get some more slots tossed in and updates posted.

the stat weights are gonna make people preach about mastery>crit when lets be fair its 0.0009 difference which if there was 200 of a stat taking mastery over crit would see a 0.18PP difference(round to point 2 tells us ud loss 1PP every 1000crit u took instead of 1000 mastery, dont get me wrong im pleased mastery is more valueable now but its basically equal to crit and more crit = greater uptime of dark intent for ur warlock friend(not that its ever really a huge problem) but hey if that starts dropping off you'd hate him to start looking elseware :P

and i no stat weightings will change based on how much of a stat u have but meeh haste loooovvveee

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    the stat weights are gonna make people preach about mastery>crit when lets be fair its 0.0009 difference which if there was 200 of a stat taking mastery over crit would see a 0.18PP difference(round to point 2 tells us ud loss 1PP every 1000crit u took instead of 1000 mastery, dont get me wrong im pleased mastery is more valueable now but its basically equal to crit and more crit = greater uptime of dark intent for ur warlock friend(not that its ever really a huge problem) but hey if that starts dropping off you'd hate him to start looking elseware :P

and i no stat weightings will change based on how much of a stat u have but meeh haste loooovvveee
    You are exactly correct, stickyjam. Right now (with the PP values I'm using for this BiS list currently), the difference between Mastery and Crit, and, Hit and Spirit are so little it could be considered statistical noise. I've been talking with New about this and he has some new values based on a freshly released version of Simucraft that I'll be using soon. The short of it is that (as it stands right now) Mastery is better at lower item levels but Crit becomes better at higher levels; additionally, Mastery and Crit are tied at the hip, so to speak, meaning that if you stack Crit and avoid Mastery like the plague you will do lower DPS than if you have a balanced amount of Crit and Mastery. Haste is still king, though.

Full list is now posted. I'll add optimal enchants sometime this week/weekend!

is it still best to go with 4 piece? 359?
    i currently am using engi goggles, 4 piece hands,chest,pants,shoulders....but i recently got brackish gloves heroic, is it worth switching those in, until i get the heroic tier pieces?

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../bronan/simple