Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    GW1 really didn't keep my interest more than a few days before I sold my account to a friend. What does GW2 have to keep my interests?
    everything gw1 didnt, not being a smartass but thats basically how the devs put it, open world and all that noise.

Dumb people have a tendency to say that every fantasy MMO is like WoW. I SAW A DRAGON WOW HAS DRAGONS TOO!!!

WOWCLONE HERE THIS IS A WOWCLONEaaaaaaaadsdddddddddddsssddddddd

1. Ability to change "spec" in combat on the fly? Want.
    2. Control & support instead of tanking & healing? Want.
    3. No mob camping, tag stealing, or massive level curve? Want.
    4. Every class can rez? Want.
    5. No more sitting around in town waiting for a healer or a tank? WANT.

WANT WANT WANT. I wish this game would come out soon!

Can someone clarify something for me about GW:

In GW1, the world was all instanced, ie once you left the town/city, you're on your own (unless in a party), and so the world is not truly MMO. Is GW2 going to be a true MMO, with an entire open world?
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

Deleted
    Guild wars 2 will be released about the same time as duke nukem forever, so you can safely play rift.

This is SO going to be the WoW killer everyone has been waiting for ;D

hehe, I joke. Never played GW =o Might just try it out =o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathiel View Post
    Can someone clarify something for me about GW:

In GW1, the world was all instanced, ie once you left the town/city, you're on your own (unless in a party), and so the world is not truly MMO. Is GW2 going to be a true MMO, with an entire open world?
    It's a persistent world, shared by all players.

The only place that is instanced is your home instance where you do your personal story, but you can invite people in there to show them your stuff (ie: omg you should see this statue they put up of me)

I'll be playing GW2 and either Tera or Rift since I'd rather not pay $30 a month and split my time between the two.
    Maybe ToR but who knows. I'm a Star Wars fan but the game isn't that enticing for me. I'll have to see what else they come up with.
    ...And that's why I had to kill daddy. He was giving the mouse a cookie!

Moon is sheep. Let it be written!

Deleted
    Yes. Yes it will be. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post

No fighting over nodes or running dungeons over and over and over and over and over and... just to get a piece of gear that never seems to drop.

World Bosses that gain more abilities as more players join the fight not to mention events that, if done, can actually help you in the fights. a bijillion colors to use as dye... many sections of armor that can be customized, ways of keeping the awesome armor look that you used to have but wanted to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    World vs World vs World PVP looks very epic too, and that's coming from a pve carebear.

They've release very little info on pvp, but from what has snuck out:

You face 2 different servers, at once, for a week, based on rank.
    You all start with a zone, with a neutral zone in between.

If you want to solo play, you can do thinks like attack caravans transporting supplies for the enemy.
    Get a few friends together, and you can assault a mine or an outpost.
    Or you can get half the server together, and launch full scale war on their main fortress.

It's long time scale epic PVP, kinda like old Alterac Valley, but way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

And seriously beside the awesomeness of animation/graphics in this video what else did you like?
    The running around like braindead avoiding 1-2 patches and occasionally throwing an arrow on dragon's legs?
    This video was a Demo at an event and the person playing / recording wasn't doing much because they (he and the host) were showing the audience all the things going on around and explaining things and showing off different combos of abilities. He was playing a warrior so you'd expect him to be up close and personal but for the sake of recording and audience enjoyment he was
    running around like braindead
    and
    occasionally throwing an arrow on dragon's legs
    although last time I checked you don't throw arrows

Yes, it will be! I'm very excited for it, and I hope I don't have to wait till 2012 for it

A part of me secretly hopes it won't gain too much fanfare. I really don't want mainstream/stereotypical WOW players pouring into the game only to troll the chat and bring the seemingly cancerous attitude. One thing that really appeals to me is that GW2 actually looks immersive, and basing from /2 chat and rift beta alone, WOW players tend to kill that immersion with complaints and constant negativity.

tl;dr: I left WOW mostly because of the bad/awful community--hope it doesn't follow.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post

Also, This^. QFT
    Can't spell 'NICE BALANCE' without Ice Lance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Dumb people have a tendency to say that every fantasy MMO is like WoW. I SAW A DRAGON WOW HAS DRAGONS TOO!!!

WOWCLONE HERE THIS IS A WOWCLONEaaaaaaaadsdddddddddddsssddddddd
    It's like how there were never any werewolves or vampires until Twilight...

Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    Guild wars 2 will be released about the same time as duke nukem forever, so you can safely play rift.
    So it'll be out in 3 more months? I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    World vs World vs World PVP looks very epic too, and that's coming from a pve carebear.

They've release very little info on pvp, but from what has snuck out:

You face 2 different servers, at once, for a week, based on rank.
    You all start with a zone, with a neutral zone in between.

If you want to solo play, you can do thinks like attack caravans transporting supplies for the enemy.
    Get a few friends together, and you can assault a mine or an outpost.
    Or you can get half the server together, and launch full scale war on their main fortress.

It's long time scale epic PVP, kinda like old Alterac Valley, but way more interesting.
    I hadn't heard this before. Sounds like DAoC moreso than AV to me. I'm liking this! I've missed good pvp so much.

So, what is going to be different from Guild Wars 1?

Because the first wasn't a whole lot of fun I thought. I got to level 15 before I got bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    So, what is going to be different from Guild Wars 1?

Because the first wasn't a whole lot of fun I thought. I got to level 15 before I got bored of it.
    I answer your question with a quote from earlier in the thread (thanks Bonefury!):

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    1- An open persistent massive world -- A real MMO unlike Guild Wars
    2- The combat system and game mechanics. I advise you to watch this and read this
    I totally agree with you GW1 was difficult to get into for a variety of reasons, most of which seem to be getting solidly addressed by changes in GW2 =)

The biggest change is you won't need a team of 8 to accomplish anything - h/h (heroes & henchmen) are out.

Deleted
    Really can't wait for this, damn I wish it was out soon. Playing DCUO atm, also in the rift beta which is alright, but don't think I'll buy it.

This looks interesting, if they can hold onto the epic pvp which gw1 was all about and add on a great pve experience as well then I am sold. Combat mechanics seem awesome, different than the traditional way of doing things.

And yes it is f2p, but if it follows the same business model as gw1 did you'll be buying xpacs around every 6-8 months or so and the cost of xpacs will even out to roughly a traditional month by month payment plan. I'm saying this without any real knowledge of how guild wars II will function, but I got to think that's how they will continue to update the game.

But this game seems interesting and I will give it a shot when it comes out