Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    can someone suggest a god damn mod that announces when the target is below 25%? im fed up trying to cast 2x swd by estimating the %
    You do realize you could just change it so that your target panel shows a % instead of the number of health target has?

@Mazi- Your avatar is still hypnotic... please change before I waste all day looking at it, kkthx

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You do realize you could just change it so that your target panel shows a % instead of the number of health target has?

@Mazi- Your avatar is still hypnotic... please change before I waste all day looking at it, kkthx
    Yeah just set it in your unitframes. I think I've also seen somewhere a tidyplates type thing that showed the percentage as well..

@Arlee <3
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Hey! Listen!
    ? I don't get it
    Always look on the bright side of life

Quote Originally Posted by Raeynn View Post
    ? I don't get it
    His PA icon looks a lot like our dear old friend Navi.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    His PA icon looks a lot like our dear old friend Navi.. lol
    Aaahh yeah I thought it was something from that game, lol. I've never played it but watched some friends. I knew it looked familiar :P

Aaahh yeah I thought it was something from that game, lol. I've never played it but watched some friends. I knew it looked familiar :P
    Navi was known for being insanely annoying and constantly yelling at you to listen, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone suggest a god damn mod that announces when the target is below 25%? im fed up trying to cast 2x swd by estimating the %
    You can turn on percentages under the display tab in interface options.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dl'd power auras and borrowed a script for showing orbs, but it shows purple circles behind my priest, one per orb. How can I change that to the curved bars on each side of me, and have them change color depending on how many orbs are up?

Also, how would I set up something noticeable to show when DM:Volcano procs? Looking for the icon in the upper right corner is annoying.

Many thanks in advance.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    I dl'd power auras and borrowed a script for showing orbs, but it shows purple circles behind my priest, one per orb. How can I change that to the curved bars on each side of me, and have them change color depending on how many orbs are up?

Also, how would I set up something noticeable to show when DM:Volcano procs? Looking for the icon in the upper right corner is annoying.

Many thanks in advance.
    For your first question I'll let someone else explain it since I am not at my computer and I don't remember how exactly to get to the menu part that lets you do that.

For the volcano thing you could set up something in power auras to trigger when you get the buff from the trinket. Personally I don't like that because I have a ton of auras popping up all the time. If you are willing to give yourself some time to get used to Event Horizon that mod tracks trinket procs in addition to spell cd's/when ticks of dots are going to happen.

and by giving yourself some time I mean like five min... it's not complicated at all, it just takes a min to really understand everything it is telling you at first.

Deleted

Many thanks in advance.
    There is a Power Auras guide in Interface and Macros sticky.

What you want is as simple as,
    1. making a new aura with the curved bar texture you want (resize and move too as necessary) and first color.
    2. select Buff type and enter "Shadow Orb". For the stack counter, put 1.
    3. copy the aura into the same page.
    4. change the color of the newly copied aura to the second color and put the stack counter to 2.
    5. copy the aura into the same page and change the color of the newly copied aura to the third color and put the stack counter to 3.
    6. now you should have three new auras with the same texture and position but different colors appearing as each orb appears.
    7. disable the previous aura you imported by shift click it "off".

For that trinket, just make an aura with Buff type "Volcano".

Note, as Arlee said, it is so easy to make auras for everything, it is possible to go a little bit nuts and end up having a cluttered screen during combat. Make sure you "Test" and "Test all" so you see all auras at once. Also, makes it easy to resize and move auras as appropriate.

Also, in my experience Power Auras is best for procs or buffs/debuffs that last longer than 10s but not longer than 30s.

For everything else its better to use well placed bars, e.g. with NeedToKnow, ForteXorcist, ChronoBars (best for internal cds), ClassTimer etc.

One advantage of class specific timers like ForteXorcist, EventHorizon, etc is that they show ticks on their timer bars which can be (very) useful for dots.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-08 at 09:36 PM.

Many thanks in advance.
    How I do it is set up 3 separate things (all with the same icon in the same position) with different colors for each shadow orb; here are my settings:

Orb 1
    Code:
    Version:4.9; b:0.6314; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:Shadow Orb; r:0.1373; x:-281; stacks:1; texture:87; alpha:1; stacksOperator:=; size:0.28; y:-244
    Orb 2
    Code:
    Version:4.9; g:0.3216; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:Shadow Orb; r:0; x:-281; stacks:2; texture:87; alpha:1; stacksOperator:=; size:0.28; y:-244
    Orb 3
    Code:
    Version:4.9; g:0.1451; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:Shadow Orb; r:0.4941; x:-281; stacks:3; texture:87; alpha:1; stacksOperator:=; size:0.28; y:-244

I've never used a borrowed setting before so I don't know if you can just go into the pre-made settings? If so then just type /Powa and change the textures/poitions and colors and sizing to what you want.

You can set up an icon for your trinket easily as well. Just make a new character effect and type in the name of the proc where I have "Hurricane" (which is a weapon proc) typed in on my screenshot below then choose a texture you want and position it.

Proc

Edit: Or follow the post above me :P

Added the export
    Last edited by Luciwho; 2011-02-08 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    here are my settings:
    Edit: Or follow the post above me :P
    It sounds like you have more or less exactly what Pontificate needs. One amazing thing about Power Auras addon, unique for its time and probably still is (other than copy cats like WeakAuras) is that it enables you to export objects, auras in this case, as text strings. So, you can just press "Export" button for each of those Orb auras and the Hurricane proc and Copy/Paste the strings into your post.

They may not get the same image/texture as you have, but they can just change it to a texture they do have.

I use an addon called NeedToKnow for this: dl.dropbox.com/u/17323566/needtoknow.jpg

(Apparently i can't post links that link yet)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for the help!! I use Event Horizon already I'll see if I can't figure out how to add DMC:V to that, as the timer would be huge. Will use PA for orbs though, thanks again!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    You can turn on percentages under the display tab in interface options.
    disabling normal values to see % ? it's not that helpful you know guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Power Auras or Tell Me When will both do this.

Thanks all for the help!! I use Event Horizon already I'll see if I can't figure out how to add DMC:V to that, as the timer would be huge. Will use PA for orbs though, thanks again!
    Actually I was sad to note last night that it looks like my Event Horizon is no longer tracking my trinket procs. It appears that is now tracking my shadow fiend and dark evangelism cd's instead This is pretty sadface imo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed Power Auras. You can set it to check the health of your enemy target and then show you a symbol when it reaches 25% AND when SWD is available. You can make both checks dependent on each other, so the symbol for SWD will only come up if its off cd, and the mob is under 25%.
    I'm not at home today, but if you want the export for that, you can PM me, and I'll PM it to you when I get home.

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!

Indeed Power Auras. You can set it to check the health of your enemy target and then show you a symbol when it reaches 25% AND when SWD is available. You can make both checks dependent on each other, so the symbol for SWD will only come up if its off cd, and the mob is under 25%.
    I'm not at home today, but if you want the export for that, you can PM me, and I'll PM it to you when I get home.
    Or just get some damn unit frames instead of standard BLizz lol. X-perl works for exactly what u want. U can see hp and % at the same time
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory