Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    go to burning blade, you wont regret it
    if you talk about EU Burning Blade, then yeah....two times more ally, but horde still pwn our ass in pvp....and pve progress is solid on both sides

Hehe, yeah I think the type of locks depends on the server. There are nice and nasty ones everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde is better in general my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    US-Ysondre is an excellent realm, pretty balanced as well. Very good progression if your looking PvE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Generally the underdog faction on a server tends to stick together more. Small communities do that.
    ^^. I find it funny and surprisingly epic how often the first responder to most threads is almost always spot on and the rest of the thread redundant! (yes, this includes the rest of my post to some extent, lol)

This, by the way, is the reason why vanilla, BC and pre-cross-realm Dungeon Finder WoW (before 8th Dec 2009) was so great. Realm communities meant everything. Also, horde is still overall the smallest faction.

Everyone levelled up from level 1 to max level knowing pretty much everyone in their faction and at their level. You helped each other from normal questing, group questing, elites, dungeons, rep grinding, farming, exploring, running around like headless chickens when you discovered world bosses and taunted them like old people telling you to get off their lawn (!), skirmish fights in enemy villages and towns daring each other to see who could get to the middle or in and out of a building without dying, dueling in dangerous places to tempt gankers, bartering goods for professions, sharing group spoils (fancy mats, BoE) from AH sales, giving each other cloth for bandages and pots, swapping friends lists, ganking lists, alt lists, competing with each other to level faster even as it seems it may get boring you'd suddenly feel you could catch up or get ahead and excitement returned, swapping cool tricks and bugs discovered from others, never being behind in skills and learning because what your buddies learned while you worked or were afk, you learned also, ... etc etc etc etc. You did all this even while being in different guilds!

Suddenly, in retrospect, it makes a lot of sense that the old-style realms, or these days, small factions on new realms have much tighter communities and everyone helps each other out a lot more. Unfortunately, the game no longer supports such strong communities and community activities. All that is left are old-hands who have been with each other for years and have naturally over time (or in Cata basically forced by the game) to be in the same guild. Now they do the same instanced activity and dailies, like everyone else, and rest of the time they try to find something other than WoW to do.

As for newbies to WoW, they find a pale imitation of what was indeed a *World* of Warcraft ...

As for the warlock lovin, no, the friendly help is not specific to warlocks. But to play a warlock, it helps if you have a brain compared to other classes. Also, it is by far the most diverse dps class in the game. Every tree has something to offer (even after the Cata changes and removal of certain playstyles) and all of them have a lot of depth in any context, pve or pvp. It's just exciting to play one! I cannot deny that, even though I prefer playing my rogue.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-10 at 06:55 PM.

It's always nice to find a small population server with 1 'top end guild' on each side. Everyone knows everyone.

For example, I grew up on rexxar. Farm Status and YARG are top, horde and alliance respectively.

It's pretty nice there.

Welcome to warlockery.

I'd have to agree about locks being friendly, once I hit 85 i need a little bit of help and pretty much got it instantly from one of the moderators in here, helped me alot. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.. i'm sure you know who you are..