Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your most sought after epic/legendary?

The only item ever in this game that I spent so much time thinking about, wanting to get...looking at...checking out in my old item-loot-pooling mods. [The Skull of Gul'dan]

I joined the guild I was in around when they were starting SSC/TK, but other members had been around since Karazhan,Gruuls/Magslair and had A LOT more DKP than me. I watched about 5 other people get the [The Skull of Gul'dan] before me. Believe it or not, every-single one of those people quit the game a week or two after getting it.

We cleared BT/Hyjal very very early on (top 50th at least world kill) So we had about 50+ weeks of farming Illidan. In those 50+ weeks we had got 7 glaives (3 full sets and 1 off-hand , and like 15-20 Memento trinkets. The healing memento trinket shared the same loot-pool with the Skull...so every time the Memento dropped and no one needed it I died a little inside.

I was in-line for the Skull for about 6 months before it dropped again. I had 100% raid attendance and my heart would race every time we were about to down illidan each week. I managed to get every-single best in slot item for my mage, I had every other bit of illidan loot, every bit of archimonde loot for casters, EVERYTHING except the skull for so long.

And to think I simply vendored it a little after WOTLK without even giving it a second thought
    Last edited by AppleOrange; 2011-02-07 at 04:41 PM.

And that's the world of warcraft that you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    And that's the world of warcraft that you play.
    Is it sad that I got a little excited/emotional/nostalgic posting this thread?

I feel like reliving those times in farming BT for a year...(even though in reality it was probably aids)

Deleted
    Too much efforts and dedication kills the gratification. Nearly always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Armageddon. Most badass looking sword in the game. I still want it but nobody runs naxx25 anymore and the horsemen can't be solod on 25 man
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    The legendary caster mace they're adding with this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
    Is it sad that I got a little excited/emotional/nostalgic posting this thread?

I feel like reliving those times in farming BT for a year...(even though in reality it was probably aids)
    I think what he meant was that in WoW gear counts only if its good NOW. No matter how long you farmed for something or how much effort you put into something at the time it doesnt matter now.
    That sums up pretty much how the real world works too. I remember saving up money to buy my SNES when I was 9 years old. Then I got it and I only have 5 games for it. One I bought 3 years ago (Super Metroid). Do I care today? No. Why should I?
    To me its strange when people judge things by what had to be done back then for it. Yeah back then doesnt count now and today. So what if my parents had to save to buy one LP? Doesnt change the fact that today you buy music just for the heck of it.

To answer the question that was only asked in the title:
    My most sought-after item was probably the hit-ARPproc trinket from Naxx25 (Grim Toll). I have played since beta but no item I actually made that many PuGs for. 4 bosses could drop it and I only saw it drop once and a Hunter that was 200 points over hitcap got it and never used it.
    It remained a "must have" arena trinket for warriors for a long time and I never got it. Oh well.

Deleted
    Give level 85 Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros!

Deleted
    My offhand warglaive never dropped. I was a fury warrior and took it over 2 rogues bc i was top dps every fight (boy was there server drama). I paid DKP for the set, but the offhand simply never dropped.

Deleted
    Surplus Limb for my mage. Each time it would drop, I never rolled high enough. And we started using EPGP i Ulduar. Curses!

Deleted
    I've been quite lucky. The only epic I've actively grouped for was this expansion, I went on a few thrash runs in Bastion for the sweet healing staff http://www.wowhead.com/item=59525 (Challey's Staff of Dark Mending). Dropped on my 4th clear, second epic I saw there. Fortunately several form my guild were there, among them a tank raid leader with master loot, so when dps started whining I didn't have to worry about not getting it. Hell, even a stupid paladin demanded he get it (he later demanded the next epic drop, mail healing gear...)

Easily my most loved peice of gear right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartnet View Post
    The legendary caster mace they're adding with this expansion.
    legendary caster mace? you do realize that only 2 caster dps can even use a mace. also they had a mace in ulduar.

it's already been triple confirmed that it would be a staff

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    cursed vision off of illy. I loved that so very much on my enhancement shaman, I would log in, just to look at my character and would drool for a couple minutes. It looked just simply amazing.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=32243

Najentus, this sneaky little bastard never wanted to drop them.....took about 15 ids to see them drop and 20 for me to get them....

Oh and the 1 hand sword from saurfang, the moment i decided to run dw frost because unholy lost its appeal, the moment he stopped dropping it. Also about 15 ids with no sword drop.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2011-02-07 at 01:59 PM.

Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros and Thunderfury, been going MC for like 4.5 years - 5 years :P still no drops XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably sulfuras, ive got 4, yes 4 eye of sulfuras in my bank and all the mats to make 4 except the blood of the mountain you need to make sulfuron hammer
    Put it this way, ive ran MC enough times to get a 0.1% eye drop 4 times, ive reset trash hundreds of times and im exalted etc, but ive gotten NO blood so far

Deleted
    Think i farmed the naxxramas trinket with haste and SP from the spiderboss for about 5 months. Always been unlucky with with trinkets, did Anub'Arak EVERY WEEK when ToC was out, never seen the trinket.
    Fml.

Skull of Gul'dan NEVER dropped for my guild. Not once. Nor did Memento of Tyrande... It was daggers up to the eyeballs for us.

Deleted
    Sorry to derail but it's 'Sought' not 'Sort'

Benediction at level 60. Then Lok'amir il Romathis when I went shadow... I never did get it.