15+ Year Old Account

Improved Soul Fire bugged?

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but since I don't see anything in the upcoming patch notes under Warlock Bugs, I presume people are not aware of this.

It seems there has been cases when whilst using Soul Fire, I don't gain the Improved Soul Fire buff. At first I thought maybe I had clipped a spell or two, but after noticing it several times, I came to the conclusion it definitely wasn't poor Soul Fire management on my own behalf.

This occurs when someone uses Time Warp, or Bloodlust/Heroism. I lose my Improved Soul Fire buff, and it cannot be reapplied. It infact creates a 40second internal cooldown for Improved Soul Fire I believe, since I have tried cancelling the effect of Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism and using Soul Fire, still no buff gain until ' around the time where Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism ' would drop.

My thread title is a question as I am not sure whether this is a bug, or whether its intended, part of me believes its intended due to the absurd amounts of spell casting we could reach during Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism if we could have Improved Soul Fire up during it, however part of me believes its a bug due to the fact there is no mention of it, there's no mention of Time warp/Bloodlust/Heroism cancelling the effect or the effect not being procable during Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism and from what I have read regarding EJ threads/guides/etc on Warlocks theres no mention of ISF not maintaining ISF during Bloodlust which would be a key factor of the rotation interms of maximizing DPS.

If this is also a bug then I hope it doesn't have an ' after effect ' on the ISF change 'causing the 8% damage gain to not be procable during Time Warp/Bloodlust/Heroism in the next patch.

Posted this on Official Forums too, wanted MMO-Champions opinions also however since Official Forums never seem to reply to any of my threads.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-02-07 at 12:32 PM.

ISF simply doesn't stack with bloodlust/time warp.
    Sorry Mario, but princess is in another castle.

or power infusion
    however it will after the patch since it's no longer a haste buff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocet View Post
    ISF simply doesn't stack with bloodlust/time warp.
    This.

10 char limit ftl :/

Deleted
    soul_fire,if=buff.improved_soul_fire.cooldown_remains<(cast_time+travel_time)&buff.bloodlust.down&!in_flight

It's always been on the EJ simulations

Deleted
    Sorry but I find it hysterical that it took you so long to find this out Malefic :P

Truthfully, those of us who play warlocks in PVE have known this since the talent went live, probably even before. Which is what? 3 months? 5?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Sorry but I find it hysterical that it took you so long to find this out Malefic :P

Truthfully, those of us who play warlocks in PVE have known this since the talent went live, probably even before. Which is what? 3 months? 5?
    I didn't raid on my Warlock at the end of WotLK, I stopped playing until Cataclysm when I killed Lich King in February and as I said I had noticed it before but never investigated into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised how many people don't read forums. For example, the most efficient way for a paladin to heal in heroics is:
    Beacon the tank, then rotate: Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, Light of Dawn
    Repeat forever, work in big heals and flash of lights as required.
    Now join a heroic and watch them use Light of Dawn only on AOE damage, or not at all, stating "its hard to use" or "its for AOE and I heal better without it". Just think how good they'd be WITH LOD in their rotation.

People, by default, resort to blaming anything but themselves or their own intelligence. Malefic being here means he is not part of that group, just late to the party. It's hard to find information when you're late to the party.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm not sure if this is exactly what OP is talking about, but if you get an Emp Imp proc or miss time your soulfire as Bloodlust wears off, the 15s CD for ISF will keep you from being able to apply ISF until the cd expires. This means you can go as long as 14.9s after bloodlust expires without being able to reapply ISF (pretty big gap). This is a moot point as of tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    This is a moot point as of tomorrow.
    Thank god. I liked the buff, I disliked the... fussiness of the mechanic.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Thank god. I liked the buff, I disliked the... fussiness of the mechanic.
    Indeed. Not being able to refresh it until the ast 2 seconds on a fight like omnotron is just horrible.

the fussiness of it is what kept it fun to play with imo
    i like having to think if emp imp is worth saving factoring in flight time. having an easy rotation is no fun. anyway it will be nice to fully benefit from heroism and power infusion again!