Thread: Why?

15+ Year Old Account

Why?

Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.

Why?

What do you all think about the holy priest changes?

Also when they say "Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%." does this mean 30% more healing?
    Zift

Deleted
    CoH is buffed by about 30% yes, it also gets a huge new radius of 30 yards, which is very nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see they are nerfing our mana regen though that sucks
    Zift

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    What do you all think about the holy priest changes?
    If only there was, say, a sticky for this very topic. Imagine how much easier life would be

--

On the topic of holy concentration:
    The buff to 90% spirit regen was too good. It made holypriests scale too well with spirit, leading us to be able to output far more healing than other classes. This is IMO the major reason why Holypriests have strong meter positions right now. The fact that paladins are playing toe-to-toe with holypriests just show how massively broken the paladins are as well.

At 70% spirit regen, holypriests were flat out useless, and everyone knew it. Priests were kicked from instances simply for being priests, and had to work ten times harder than any other class in order to simply survive a trash pull. Priests were a liability, and to fix the situation (which everyone largely agreed was due to mana issues), holyconc was massively buffed. It helped. A lot.

Arguably it helped a bit too much. Paladins are as always the class everyone envy, but holypriests are pretty much tied to them as far as output goes right now. In order to bring priests down to druid levels, holyconc is now reduced to 80%. As a raidgeared holypriest I am not concerned at all. But green geared priests should be.

I think that the best solution for this issue would have been to slightly lower the cost of some of our mainstream heals (GHeal in particular), or to increase the base mana regen. It's a problem for fresh geared holypriests. It's not a problem for epic geared holypriests.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    One word subject lines which don't give a clue what the topic is about are annoying.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    On the topic of holy concentration:
    At 70% spirit regen, holypriests were flat out useless, and everyone knew it. Priests were kicked from instances simply for being priests, and had to work ten times harder than any other class in order to simply survive a trash pull. Priests were a liability, and to fix the situation (which everyone largely agreed was due to mana issues), holyconc was massively buffed
    On the contrary. The biggest problems with the buff at the time was the lack of a transition period between Wrath and Cataclysm.

People may have lost the regen they had, but they didn't change their healing style. How many of the "OMFG Priests broken WTGGGBLiZZ" posts also claimed tht heal is "worthless, so slow and practically nothing"

How hard did you yourself have to wprk to break the "top everyone off" mindset?

Cataclysm at launch was breaking people of habits they've had since 2.4. But people who just didn't get it floundered. Was regen a struggle while we were gearing up? Kinda the point. Is tank survivability and threat supposed to be given to them free in quest greens and a couple blues? No, that's why it's called "gearing up".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    I see they are nerfing our mana regen though that sucks
    It doesn't suck, we deserve it. And we're getting buffs as well, so it's not as if we're nerfed to the ground because of this.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I don't think a 10% nerf is going to make that big a difference. Considering the mana you get from other sources(replenishment, etc) I don't think this is game breaking at all. As holy I am at the point where I would consider dropping some spirit for more throughput right now as I am rolling in mana, this change will just mean you'll need a bit more spirit before considering dropping some in favor of more mastery or haste or whatever stat you like.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eiran/advanced
    That is my armory and i'm not full epics or heroic raid geared or anything. As long as you have a reasonable raid composition and good choice of spells(as well as other healers that support each other well) then you will be fine.

I am content with what was done to holy priests. I just wish we got free talent respecs with the patch =(.

the 10% nerf is probably going to hit you harder in heroics than in Raids, but this is just a guess. The POH nerf sadly wes needed I just hope it isn't to big of one. I am happy they buffed COH though it felt a little useless.

I think all of the changes to Priests with this patch are needed. The 10% reduction won't be very noticeable to well-geared players and honestly shouldn't cause too much trouble for the undergeared ones as well. The PoH nerf will be countered by the CoH buff and DA w/PoH buff. It's all good!

I started of our first magmaw kill at 2100 combat regen (which was 2nd day of release) and now I'mt at 6.1k combat regen in raids. I think most of us raiders will survive the 10% Nerf.

TBH it was expected. Our regen is insane and we really cant go oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    At 70% spirit regen, holypriests were flat out useless, and everyone knew it. Priests were kicked from instances simply for being priests, and had to work ten times harder than any other class in order to simply survive a trash pull. Priests were a liability, and to fix the situation (which everyone largely agreed was due to mana issues), holyconc was massively buffed. It helped. A lot.
    funny i didn't think priests were that horrible at cata release, i did stuggle a bit on some heroics for sure but hey, i was still in half-green-ish gear so that seemed perfectly ok whereas HPallies were obviously the ones who needed to be brought back in line with everyone else (and still do, dunno how it turned out on ptr).