Deleted

Resto Druids: What healing adons do you use and why?

Hello there my fellow Tree's of the wood!

Having come back to my druid since..... T7 raiding....I have come to enjoy Resto druids a lot more than my other toons. this being said for years I was a clicker, then I moved to mouse overs, and more recently Ive tried out Grid, although I have settled on HB. This has been done over a series of different healing classes though (priest, druid, pally).

My question for your twiggy ears to advise and to inform is this: What adon do you use? (if any) HB? Grid? Vuhdo? Why do you use it? (versatility? pleasent to the eye? utility? options?) and What makes you feel its so much better than the others? (what good about it thats bad about the others, for example?)

Thank you in advanced for your replies .

Halatosis

Grid and Clique along with some special druid countdown indicators for Grid.

I have been using that combination since I started raiding in BC. I enjoy the non-invasive nature of Grid in that it takes up the space of just a little box.

To be honest I haven't tried any of the others because Grid and Clique worked so well. I don't really see a reason to try the others as I don't like change that much.

I hate grid since it requires so many addons (out of date btw) to kind of work correctly. So that leaves vuhdo or healbot. Vuhdo is simply better then healbot in every way. Hot icons are more customizable, range checker works better, it doesn't randomly glitch out.

Just wait until someone DC's during a bossfight or even worse you DC and reconnect and healbot decides to freakout/disappear and you are left stranded with no raid frames in the middle of a boss fight.

ey there mate,

Blizzard Frames / Mouse-Over Dispelling and Healing

Regards, respect, peace,
    Prozah.
    Last edited by Prozah; 2011-02-07 at 02:31 PM.

Grid, along with GridStatusHots, GridStatusRaidIcons, and GridStatusRaidDebuff is fantastic. Out of the box, Grid has an unfortunate amount of configuration you have to go through (including resizing the frame to be something other than tiny little uninformative squares) but the end product is fantastic. I can see ALL the information I need on all 3 of my healing characters (druid, priest, paladin) very easily with Grid. I've tried Healbot and HATED it, but Grid is aesthetically pleasing and very functional.

In addition, I use Clique for my click-bindings. This allows me to very easily heal while on the move and doesn't interfere with any of my Balance keybindings or other various spells I might need while healing. I use mouseovers for occasional things like Innervate, Thorns, Pain Sup, etc that don't fit in my click-binding scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use bliz's raid frames, decursive, Raid buff statuse(not as important), and cool downs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

vuhdo - all you need.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use xperl + clique, along with dottimers to track hots (though i am thinking of finding a different hots/procs tracker)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    Grid, along with GridStatusHots, GridStatusRaidIcons, and GridStatusRaidDebuff is fantastic. Out of the box, Grid has an unfortunate amount of configuration you have to go through (including resizing the frame to be something other than tiny little uninformative squares) but the end product is fantastic. I can see ALL the information I need on all 3 of my healing characters (druid, priest, paladin) very easily with Grid. I've tried Healbot and HATED it, but Grid is aesthetically pleasing and very functional.

In addition, I use Clique for my click-bindings. This allows me to very easily heal while on the move and doesn't interfere with any of my Balance keybindings or other various spells I might need while healing. I use mouseovers for occasional things like Innervate, Thorns, Pain Sup, etc that don't fit in my click-binding scheme.
    I am currently setting this up now....much MUCH faster and easier to setup than Vuhdo.
    However Ive run into a problem with GridStatusHots........All I can see on my target is my LB, yet setting it up for the rest they dont show up.....any tips?

Halatosis
    Last edited by mmoc26fefc6901; 2011-02-07 at 03:36 PM. Reason: sorry, the GridStatusRaidIcons it must be.

I use the Razor Naga UI, which i've customised to my own style. Then i use mouseover macro's with the Blizzard standard Raidframes

Why? Mainly because i bought a new mouse and it had loads of buttons, so i changed my healing style. I used to use Grid and Clique through TBC and WoTLK but i got bored of all the various combinations of Alt Leftclick, Control + Mousewheel down. Plus i play a shaman and a priest healer and it got too confusing.

Mouseover macro's are completely underestimated and people that don't use them or have never tried don't know what they are missing.

(Plus i run WoW on a laptop for the foreseeable future and i try to run it on bare minimum add ons so i can run it smoothly)

Deleted
    So, Im having a little trouble with Grid atm.....Ive managed to get LB to have an icon in the middle of the frame. However upon trying to get icons for RJ, WG, RG etc, nothing is appearing. Am I missing something? Or can this not be done? I also cant see how many stacks of LB Im at....any way to indicate this?

Halatosis

I use grid + a variety of extra add-addons for it, such as debuffs & raid markers + the icon you can add in the grid frame (for magic, curses etc) and then i've added a text that comes on every target i have used rejuv on, that says ''rejuv''..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just going to turn into another grid vs Vuhdo debate. Since pretty much all the some people post here, I'm just going to link you to it so me/they all don't have to rewrite what's already been said =]

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Restoration-UI

Deleted
    So Im now using Clique/Grid.....one problems Ive noticed.....Clique interferes with xperl. Now I know your going to tell me I dont need Xperl and grd... however say I want to leave a group, or inspect somone? It seems Ive lost that functionality with clique/zperl, despite the fact that I have blacklisted Clique from all the xperl selections.

Halatosis

Quote Originally Posted by Halatosis View Post
    So Im now using Clique/Grid.....one problems Ive noticed.....Clique interferes with xperl. Now I know your going to tell me I dont need Xperl and grd... however say I want to leave a group, or inspect somone? It seems Ive lost that functionality with clique/zperl, despite the fact that I have blacklisted Clique from all the xperl selections.

Halatosis
    if you are using clique, then i really suggest looking into vuhdo. same healing style, but it solves all of your issues that you are talking about here. see the thread that Myrrar linked to for more vuhdo info if you are interested.