Moving to Clique+grid instead of just plain grid

I am thinking of moving over to clique + grid instead of just using regular grid as I use right now. For those of you who already use click casting what do you have bound to your buttons? Just looking at my bar I think I need at least 12 binds and i'm scared of screwing up in a raid. I messed around a bit with Vuhdo the other day and it feels like my APM is essentially doubled by click casting though so I feel I need to make the transition. I was thinking of maybe leaving my bars as is and maybe binding nothing to mouse 1 so I can still click my frame and cast normally if I end up needing too....

The biggest problem that I have is that I have guardian spirit, hymn of hope, divine hymn, shadowfiend bound to mouse 4 and 5 with various modifiers and im scared i'm going to end up casting renew or something instead of GS at a critical time... I'm just wondering how most of you do it and if you have any tips so I can increase my reaction time and heal more efficiently.

Deleted
    Ill just post my bindings:
    shift+left button = spell 1 (flash heal)
    shift+right button = spell 2 (PWS)
    ctrl+left button= spell 3 (penance)
    ctrl+right button= spell 4 (renew)
    Plus: 1,2,3,4,5,Q,E,R,F,T,X,F1-F4 for normal mousover macros.

Left click = targeting.

In general, bind the spells you will use more often on a key easily reachable.
    Its a matter of confidence with your Keybindins, really. First times you will screw up a little; get used to them in normal dungeons or BGS

EDIT: I dont even have extra buttons on my mouse, mind you. You will do great.

Deleted
    It will definitely take some getting used to. I suggest you to heal several 5-man dungeons before you adventure into raid with your new bindings. That said here's what I do:

Bind important cooldowns that require a friendly target to the keyboard using [target=mouseover] macros. (This will typically be PoH, Guardian Spirit, Leap of Faith)
    Check your most used 3~4 spells and bind them to your Left / Right mouse buttons with any modifiers you feel confortable with. (This will typically be Renew, Flash Heal, Heal, PoM, Greater Heal)

Changing your binds in any way will take some time getting used to. It takes me about a week to successfully smash my buttons and forget the old keybinds. Run a bunch of dungeons or just stand around hitting the buttons from memory. Do as much as you can before a raid so that you can be as prepared as possible IMO!

As far as binds go, I have a naga mouse so it's amazing. My binds wouldn't be much help to you, so all I can say is to play around with where you are going to bind things. Figure out what you want, bind it all and then try it out. I changed mine around quite a bit when I first got my naga to find the best place for each heal. Prioritize their placing. Before I had the naga, I used left, middle and right click with tons of modifiers (shift, alt, ctrl, alt+ctrl, etc) because Priests have a bazillion spells. So just remember to use modifiers that you can comfortably press and practice practice practice!

Don't forget mousewheel up and down + Modifiers opens up some more options.

Quote Originally Posted by tequila333
    Don't forget mousewheel up and down + Modifiers opens up some more options.
    That is brilliant. Also other tips I have heard but haven't applied yet is using modifiers with Tab, Caps Lock, and Spacebar.

I dont have a ton of buttons on my mouse and this is how I get by so far.. still looking to bind more in the future.

Clique:
    Shift + LClick = Greater Heal
    Shift + RClick = Binding heal
    Alt + LClick = Flash Heal
    Alt + RClick = Dispel Magic
    Shift + Alt + LClick = Prayer of Healing
    Shift + Alt + RClick = Dispel Disease
    Mouse Button 5 = Heal

I don't use control as that is my push to talk button.

Mouseover Keybinds:
    (I use E,S,D,F to move)
    T = Circle of Healing
    G = Renew
    Shift + G = Shield
    V = Holy Word Macro
    Shift + V = Prayer of Mending
    Shift + T = Holy Nova (probably switch to a useful cd soon)
    Shift + R = Lightwell
    R = Chakra

Not at home to look, but I think that is everything so far.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using mouse-over macro's and Grid, so can't help you there. But if you want to train yourself to your new keybinds I suggest doing Battlegrounds. You'll need every spell, have varying sorts of damage and there is no real consequence for failure.
    Resurrected Holy Priest