Random hc not so random

Since the new lfg tool and random hc's was introduced in Wrath i been doing random hc's.

In wrath i got in a week old kingdom 6 out of 7 day's... after a few months i got so sick of it i didn't even bother with doing them anymore, and i think i was one of the only people who cheered when i got Oculus.

I was hoping in cata it would improve for me but now i get Deadmines all the time! I devolept a concricle hate for this dungeon and simply stopped doing them again.

Am i the only one who keeps getting the same random all the time?

Deleted
    extend lockout

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck is bad.

I always seem to get either BRC or Vortex pinnacle, neither of which are very long or difficult, although the occasional GB gets thrown in, which makes me facepalm if i'm not in a full guild group.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Bad luck is bad.

I always seem to get either BRC or Vortex pinnacle, neither of which are very long or difficult, although the occasional GB gets thrown in, which makes me facepalm if i'm not in a full guild group.
    What you just said was this:
    I always get easy dungeons when using LFG, QQ.
    I hate getting hard dungeons when using LFG. QQ.

OT: RNG is RNG, roll tank if you want to have the ability to wait 15-30 min for a new HC
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    extend lockout
    The random dungeon finder ignores any current saves.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    extend lockout
    Exaclty, best move to get rid of the instance poping out too much in your randoms.
    You'll still have a chance to get it, but considerably lower.

LFD have always been annoying. In wrath it was old kingdom atleast 5 times a week and now the first one I is always Grim Batol. Neither of them was harb but you get bored when you see the same instance so often.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    The random dungeon finder ignores any current saves.
    No it doesn't. Why do people just state these things so baldly when they are so wrong? Maybe you should have phrased it something like "it appears to me that the random dungeon finder ignores any current saves based on my own personal experiences."

In reality, it can give you a dungeon you are saved to but it is far less likely to give it to you than one you are not saved to.

That said, the random dungeon finder for me is basically completely random. I get them all in equal amounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    grim batol... always, everyday, all the time

It's the very definition of random. Sorry.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    In reality, it can give you a dungeon you are saved to but it is far less likely to give it to you than one you are not saved to.

That said, the random dungeon finder for me is basically completely random. I get them all in equal amounts.
    Until you've done them all in one lockout, then it goes back to being random. But generally speaking, this is correct.

EDIT: Oh hey, would you look at that. 1000th post. Not that any of you care.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grim Batol multi times in a day all the time PLEASE kill me =S. I hate the place with a passion... but i am getting good at the bombing part

Huh, almost a whole page of replies and noone has a clue.

Deadmines and SFK are the only heroics that dont require entrance discovery. And i'm sure that a number of players (i'd say maybe 33%) hasnt discovered ALL Cata dungeons. Therefore the chance for DM and SFK is higher than the rest of the heroics simply due to the LFG system excluding from the other heroics the people who havent discovered their entrances.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Huh, almost a whole page of replies and noone has a clue.

Deadmines and SFK are the only heroics that dont require entrance discovery. And i'm sure that a number of players (i'd say maybe 33%) hasnt discovered ALL Cata dungeons. Therefore the chance for DM and SFK is higher than the rest of the heroics simply due to the LFG system excluding from the other heroics the people who havent discovered their entrances.
    I would gladly take those two over GB