destro lock stacking crit

has anyone found stacking crit is a lot better then stacking haste? i found stacking haste reduced my dps a lot. after begin hit capped (17%) i took the route an reforged all my haste to crit an saw my dps jump a little more. all i do is 10man raiding an if everything goes right i can hit 17k dps, i dont have a shaman, boomy, or Shadow priest in my party. if i had those certain classes i think i could hit 19 maybe 20K.
    when i look at top warlocks in the game/my sever i don't see then stacking crit. why is that? should i be reforging my haste to crit?

here is my armory if you wanna see what i did.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rhazard/simple

Generally in the long run haste will shine as a better dps stat. If the RNG gods are shining on you for a particular day or 2, crit may seem better. The only real way to tell is to sim. I know I preach it a lot, but there is a reason for my madness.

Another aspect is that haste has diminished value in movement heavy fights compared to other stats. It isn't as effective when you have time to only cast one incinerate, regardless of if it's a 1.98 or 1.88 second cast, whereas crit comes into effect every time you do damage. Haste needs to be stacked to a fairly high % to be more noticeable on movement heavy fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have the ability to choose haste over crit.
    <--- Hit starved.

R.I.P. YARG

Personally I just stack crit now in the (vain) hope that my Demon Soul(Imp) buff won't be a wasted GCD. That problem is gone with the patch, and I'm probably going to be doing quite a bit of adjustment.

so its basically better to leave stats as is?? what i mean by that is not to reforging haste to crit an crit to haste. an then reforge mastery to haste.
    and this balances your dps through out different fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically, you can't reforge significantly to sway your dps in either direction, and RNG will make a low dps no-reforge gear set do higher dps than the high dps reforged gear set.

So in the long run, Haste provides the most consistent dps increase. But that's just personal opinion.

R.I.P. YARG

Right now I am trying to keep Crit and Haste in somewhat of a balance depending on which sims best and it seems to work well. However I am thinking that with 4.06 Haste will overtake crit in almost all areas due to the loss of ISF.
    Gherkin I am in the same boat as you with Hit I am stuck at 14% ):
    Last edited by Assassin1344; 2011-02-07 at 08:38 PM.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Im thinking just going for 2nd tick on immolate then reforging the excess haste to crit. Thoughts......?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste will be the top stat for all 3 specs in 4.0.6. BiS profiles still show Haste stacking, and even with a 2063 haste rating in the BiS profile, it still has value over crit or mastery. http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...iki/WarlockPTR