Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

To Do Tuesdays: 4.0.6 PVE

1) Update your addons.
    2) Double check that "Load out of date addons" is enabled.
    3) Log in to your warlock and visit your trainer

Note: Some of the "utility" talents in these trees can be changed to suit your needs

AFFLICTION:
    Respec Destruction. See below.
    No? Ok, then you want this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#IrurohsGsdcZI
    Glyphs: Imp, Haunt, and Corruption
    Pet: SEE BOTTOM OF POST
    Take Soul Fire off your bars.
    /dance
    Go to a target dummy (SEE BELOW)

DEMONOLOGY:
    Respec to this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#IZIrbcourRdoIbb
    Glyphs: Metamorphosis, Immolate, Imp (Swap for Felguard if you swap pets)
    Pet: Felguard if you're on Maloriak, Halfus, Cho'gall, or Magmaw, SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR SINGLE TARGET
    Go to a target dummy (SEE BELOW)

DESTRUCTION:
    Respec to this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#I0hZf0bZIbbfRbsRdo
    (Aftermath and ISF changed places, otherwise it's identical)
    Glyphs: Unchanged
    Pet: Unchanged
    Target dummy is unnecessary, unless you want to cast Soul Fire twice in a row and watch ISF refresh itself. I might.

USER INTERFACE:
    If you set up any customizations based around the 15s ICD on Improved Soul Fire, remove it. No more ICD.

GEAR:
    Update wrist enchant to +50 int when it becomes available on your server.
    Update your meta gem to Burning Shadowspirit (Int/3% Crit damage) when it becomes available on your server.
    Regem everything to Brilliant Inferno Ruby, unless you have one of the following pieces of gear: Shadowflame Robes (T11), Shadowflame Leggings (T11), Soul Breath Leggings (Al'Akir Random Enchant). Veiled for Blue, Reckless or Potent for Yellow (based on your scale factors)
    Double check your crafted gear for new sockets.

SCALE FACTORS:
    Log out
    Run yourself through 4.0.3-32 SimCraft (or higher) using PTR configuration, default options, and check all scale factors.
    Update gear accordingly.
    There shouldn't be much to change unless you're in Heroic Raids.

TARGET DUMMY:
    The point of this is to get more people checking to see if Blizzard did anything to pet damage without telling us. The more people who do this the better it is for the class/warlock community as a whole.
    Affliction should have the Imp attack for 3 minutes straight on the boss dummy, with no debuffs. This is 120 Firebolts. Summon Succubus, swap Glyph of Imp to Lash of Pain and go again. 120 Lash of Pain's. Double check that Imp did equal or higher damage - it should have. If they are equal for you, Imp's new Demon Soul effect will push it ahead in actual fights.

Demonology should do the same as above, but with both Felguard and Succubus (both glyphed). Keep Hand of Gul'dan up 100% of the time, but nothing else. Ranking should be Imp > Felguard = Succubus unless something changed. Felguard's Demon Soul will push it ahead of Succubus, but will not catch up to Imp.

Destruction does not have to contribute because they rely on the Imp 100%.

Important: If your results do not match above, POST IT OMG.

OPTIONAL TALENTS:
    In no particular order. Swap talent points in and out of these as required (some are required to reach the end of your tree)
    Affliction: Jinx, Curse of Exhaustion, Seed of Corruption, Improved Howl of Terror, Demonic Embrace, Fel Synergy
    Demonology: Demonic Embrace, Aura of Foreboding, Demonic Aegis, Demonic Rebirth, Master Summoner, Improved Health Funnel
    Destruction: None to speak of. The core build is perfectly suited to raiding.

PET:
    They fixed the Succubus to scale properly with crit. She is the highest single target pet we have, glyphed. However, the Imp demon soul is completely badass and may combine to overtake the ranking. Currently waiting on more numbers but at this point you can pick Succubus for single target as both Affliction and Demonology raiding. This post/thread will be updated once this has been worked out.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-02-08 at 07:41 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

You forgot to mention ripping all the blue gems out of our gear (with the Chaotic metagem requirement gone), and desparately trying to find a jewelcrafter that gets an early drop of the int metagem recipe

And after you're done with that, start running around killing shit in Tol Barad to get the new Meta cut. Don't forget that in the interim, Chaotic has been redesigned.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping they changed thigns without telling us regarding the pet thing, as a demo i just hate the idea of having shrimpy be better than my felguard :\
    thanks for the list btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just updated while you wrote that.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveyoushi View Post
    Really hoping they changed thigns without telling us regarding the pet thing, as a demo i just hate the idea of having shrimpy be better than my felguard :\
    thanks for the list btw.
    Consider Atramedes - Felguard can't hit him during air phase, but Imp and Succubus can. You still want to use the Felguard over a better pet? Even if he did more damage than these two, 30s of downtime is a lot of damage lost. Better to have the pet that can deal the numbers no matter what situation than a pet that's useless when the boss flies away.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 11:02 AM ----------

Is the meta confirmed to only drop in Tol Barad? I have a better farm spot in terms of kills per minute but I'd like confirmation.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Regem everything to Brilliant Inferno Ruby. At this point, there is no socket configuration that results in higher dps gains than simply all Brilliant Inferno Ruby gems.
    There are a few exceptions to this, aren't there?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=60251

1 Red Socket
    1 Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +20 Intellect

Seems like you could get either +40 int by cramming 2 red gems in there, or +40 int AND +20 hit by using a red & purple.

Regem everything to Brilliant Inferno Ruby. At this point, there is no socket configuration that results in higher dps gains than simply all Brilliant Inferno Ruby gems.
    Why? My t11 chest has a 20 int socket bonus. Surely I should fulfil it? I'm gaining a free 20 hit from my gem this way compared to just using 40 int.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]
    Consider Atramedes - Felguard can't hit him during air phase, but Imp and Succubus can. You still want to use the Felguard over a better pet? Even if he did more damage than these two, 30s of downtime is a lot of damage lost. Better to have the pet that can deal the numbers no matter what situation than a pet that's useless when the boss flies away.[COLOR="red"]

yes that i can understand, but i meant overall for single target.
    Last edited by Fiveyoushi; 2011-02-07 at 07:07 PM. Reason: failed at quoting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Why? My t11 chest has a 20 int socket bonus. Surely I should fulfil it? I'm gaining a free 20 hit from my gem this way compared to just using 40 int.
    I'll update to fix, I apparently missed that one while filtering wowhead gear.

Fixed: Only gear that doesn't match the "Gem everything 40 int" profile are T11 Chest, Legs, and Al'Akir legs.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-02-07 at 07:12 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

Is there some special reason to put 2/3 Demonic Embrace instead of 2/2 Fel Synergy for Destro subspec? Don't get me wrong I'd prefer the stam but it would seem to me that a higher guarantee of your pet not dying is better than a couple thousand (or whatever) health.

Just my 2 cents.

Just updated while you wrote that.

Consider Atramedes - Felguard can't hit him during air phase, but Imp and Succubus can. You still want to use the Felguard over a better pet? Even if he did more damage than these two, 30s of downtime is a lot of damage lost. Better to have the pet that can deal the numbers no matter what situation than a pet that's useless when the boss flies away.

Is the meta confirmed to only drop in Tol Barad? I have a better farm spot in terms of kills per minute but I'd like confirmation.
    Negative, TB has high respawn rates with good chances of rare drops. That's why I'm choosing TB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessari View Post
    Is there some special reason to put 2/3 Demonic Embrace instead of 2/2 Fel Synergy for Destro subspec? Don't get me wrong I'd prefer the stam but it would seem to me that a higher guarantee of your pet not dying is better than a couple thousand (or whatever) health.

Just my 2 cents.
    This is assuming your pet doesn't die. Mine never takes damage, but yours might? I'm not familiar enough with pet deaths to be able to weigh in on this.

The only fight my pet dies on is Nefarian (aieee boiling lava blub blub blub) but with Imp out I can have him stand on the first pillar you jump to and nuke from there with no issues.

R.I.P. YARG

This is assuming your pet doesn't die. Mine never takes damage, but yours might? I'm not familiar enough with pet deaths to be able to weigh in on this.

The only fight my pet dies on is Nefarian (aieee boiling lava blub blub blub) but with Imp out I can have him stand on the first pillar you jump to and nuke from there with no issues.
    Move to is your BFF on Nefarian.

15+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't listen to me when I click the top of the pillar ><

R.I.P. YARG

He doesn't listen to me when I click the top of the pillar ><
    Mine likes to move to the center of the pillar where I placed him and then run back into the lava to DPS. Pet AI ftw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Mine likes to move to the center of the pillar where I placed him and then run back into the lava to DPS. Pet AI ftw.
    Ah yeah, mine dies as this phase starts to the lava so i resummon (drain soul on ony ftw) and move to center of pillar.

R.I.P. YARG

I see where you're coming with that then. Personal experience my imp may not die much, but unfortunately I don't always immediately notice when it does, so the heal is better for me. Definitely will keep that in mind tho in case I ever improve at hearing that little death wail.

As far as the Move To issues, with the imp you have Flee as well, which in my experience works better than Move To or passive/follow spam (ahh, pets just standing on the Stalag/Feugen platforms, good times...not.)

Deleted
    why would you remove soul fire from your affliction bars its still a dps gain to soul burn and instant cast while moving if you dont need the shard for anything else ?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the whole "gem everything except gear x,y,and z to 40 int" approach, what's your hit rating just out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    With the whole "gem everything except gear x,y,and z to 40 int" approach, what's your hit rating just out of curiosity?
    It doesn't matter. Even when you're not hit-capped, Int > Hit.

Basically, you should gem everything you can to Int, and then use reforging to get the hit cap (if possible).