Deleted

SteelSeries Ikari Optical Mouse

Worth buying? It's either that or the Razer Deathadder.

Anyone who owns this mouse please tell me what ya think of it :3

*Edit* Or give me a name of another good gaming mouse ( not too expensive ) followed by what you think of it ^^
    Last edited by mmocdb89fe72b1; 2011-02-07 at 07:15 PM.

Never owned this particular one, but of every steelseries mouse I've tried, I have found the quality of workmanship extremely lacking, and I've heard similar from friends. I hear the latest version of the MMO mouse is different but everyone I know has stayed away from other new models after their earlier bad experiences. This is just my experiences and observations though. I'm sure others will chime in.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2011-02-07 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    I own/ have owned the:
    Razer Deathadder
    steelseries Xai
    razer abyssus

Personally i prefer the abyssus, it fits my hand perfectly, however if you are going by actual craftsmanship/usefulness, IN MY OPINION(before anyone complains) the Deathadder blows any other gaming mouse out of the water.

Deleted
    Get the Logitech Mx 518 if you want something cheap and extremely good

Deleted
    Using the Ikari laser atm.

It has to be the best mouse I have ever owned in terms of comfort for my style of mouse control (palm pusher). Design and feel are great and although it can feel a little heavy at times, when put on any half decent mat its a joy to use. Button placement athough limited (2 buttons) is good, scroll wheel isnt free scrolling, which I like and so far in over a year of use it hasnt missed a click . That being said the rubberized coating on the palm only lasted 4months tops but that was merely costemtic and the surface under it is still grippy and clean. The software supplied in which you can adjust profiles/settings/etc is easy to use (can adjust settings on the mouse itself if needed and the 2 colour screen on the underside really helps with this) and the Ikari support site had a heap of advice about how to optimize the mouse to meet your needs.

I would say however that unless your into your FPS games in a big way the major features on the Ikari are going to be largely wasted (dpi customizing). Personally I have 3-4 dpi profiles set up that I switch between depending on what game im playing and the ability to jump between the higher or lower setting of each profile mid game really tightened up a lot of my FPS gameplay.

End of the day if its a mouse for wow your looking for then there are better suited out there with features more aimed at MMO gamers but if shooters are your thing then its definately worth a look at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbage View Post
    Using the Ikari laser atm.

It has to be the best mouse I have ever owned in terms of comfort for my style of mouse control (palm pusher). Design and feel are great and although it can feel a little heavy at times, when put on any half decent mat its a joy to use. Button placement athough limited (2 buttons) is good, scroll wheel isnt free scrolling, which I like and so far in over a year of use it hasnt missed a click . That being said the rubberized coating on the palm only lasted 4months tops but that was merely costemtic and the surface under it is still grippy and clean. The software supplied in which you can adjust profiles/settings/etc is easy to use (can adjust settings on the mouse itself if needed and the 2 colour screen on the underside really helps with this) and the Ikari support site had a heap of advice about how to optimize the mouse to meet your needs.

I would say however that unless your into your FPS games in a big way the major features on the Ikari are going to be largely wasted (dpi customizing). Personally I have 3-4 dpi profiles set up that I switch between depending on what game im playing and the ability to jump between the higher or lower setting of each profile mid game really tightened up a lot of my FPS gameplay.

End of the day if its a mouse for wow your looking for then there are better suited out there with features more aimed at MMO gamers but if shooters are your thing then its definately worth a look at.
    Thank you, im fed up with having a extremely crappy mouse, (Had a good one, broke it, now i have played the past 2 years on a bugged slow crappy mouse ) But i dont wanna spent a fortune on a awesome mouse, i think im gonna give it a try, if i don't like it i can return it within 14 days :3 *Also, think im getting the laser one ^^*
    Last edited by mmocdb89fe72b1; 2011-02-07 at 09:53 PM.

I can also highly recommend the Deathadder, amazingly comfortable, the side buttons are excellent, and the scroll wheel is the best I've used. Changed it to a Naga for various reasons, but it will always have a special place in my hand.