Funny thing in HoO heroic

actually heard this on my mage today when I got pulled into a group in progress in Halls of Origination heroic. skeletons all over the place.

"ok, we've been having trouble with this boss, so do this. Mage, you use blizzard and gather up the snakes by the lever, and tank will get it."

not kidding.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    badd's are badd's another useless post but thx for the lulz

Don't forget to bandage the healer while they wand the boss

Put on Ice Barrier/Mana Shield
    ?????
    Profit
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, almost worth dropping and getting the deserted debuff and waiting for another group. Chances are you'd finish before that HOO run did even with the downtime/dps queue wait

10+ Year Old Account
    try trolling them with the lift, get there first, go to top, spam up and down when they get on it so theyre stuck and / or decide to die

that almost makes up for anything.

I guess if you stand right on the edge of the top platform and drop blizz or a flamestrike on the ground the snakes would ahve to run up to you but the tank getting the switch would pose a problem because the snakes would get upto you before the tank could get to them.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, sometimes you simply have to laugh at people overthinking things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trulofy View Post
    badd's are badd's another useless post but thx for the lulz
    This forum is useful?...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

We did Halls with four guild members (Druid tank, Priest, Shaman, and Hunter) and one random (DK).

After we laid out the plan (Shaman takes right, Hunter left), the DK says "I want to do a switch!" The tank asked if he could please just do melee DPS and let the ranged DPS take switches. "My guild never lets me do the switches." So, we said "OK, do the left side."

When it came time to do the switches, the Shaman dropped into the right pit, and the DK kept attacking the boss. The Hunter dropped into the left pit and both switches were thrown. As the two of them made their way back up the stairs, the DK (using the shout text command) says "I'm going to the switch now!" and runs down the stairs into the snake pit.

We were attacking the boss, and the DK just ran back and forth. "What are you doing? Get back up here!"

"I'm going to kill the snakes!"

The Priest told us in Vent "He's out of LOS (she has an addon that whispers you to tell you this, so no excuses if you're standing in the wrong spot). If he dies, that's too bad. 2500 DPS is NOT worth the mana."

We downed the boss and the DK quit - "OMG U LET ME DIE WTF!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see the issue? I've had several groups have ranged remain on the platform and AOE around the lever so the snakes have to run up the stairs where the tank collects them while the person on the levers pulls them.

It's even better with a pally or dk tank and the snakes have to run through his aoe-threat-maker.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    i don't see the issue? I've had several groups have ranged remain on the platform and AOE around the lever so the snakes have to run up the stairs where the tank collects them while the person on the levers pulls them.

It's even better with a pally or dk tank and the snakes have to run through his aoe-threat-maker.
    The funny part was that the tank would pull the lever. In your situation, the tank gets the snakes. Imagine your situation, now imagine it without a tank getting the snakes.

well what I did was freeze everything and when they came out of the ice block i bubbled and aoe'd like asked, but yeah, it was a wipe anyway, which should not surprise anyone with a group like that.

ps - I'm arcane, so no frostie bubble. I'm a masochist. the fire mages are the sadists this expansion.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EitherOrlok View Post
    We did Halls with four guild members (Druid tank, Priest, Shaman, and Hunter) and one random (DK).

After we laid out the plan (Shaman takes right, Hunter left), the DK says "I want to do a switch!" The tank asked if he could please just do melee DPS and let the ranged DPS take switches. "My guild never lets me do the switches." So, we said "OK, do the left side."

When it came time to do the switches, the Shaman dropped into the right pit, and the DK kept attacking the boss. The Hunter dropped into the left pit and both switches were thrown. As the two of them made their way back up the stairs, the DK (using the shout text command) says "I'm going to the switch now!" and runs down the stairs into the snake pit.

We were attacking the boss, and the DK just ran back and forth. "What are you doing? Get back up here!"

The Priest told us in Vent "He's out of LOS (she has an addon that whispers you to tell you this, so no excuses if you're standing in the wrong spot). If he dies, that's too bad. 2500 DPS is NOT worth the mana."

that's priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by EitherOrlok View Post

funny story.

we had the healer run for the switch to activate it even after assignments were made. not sure what the deal is with pulling the switches...some guys just like pulling on poles?