Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The last ep of season 4 i believe where they all get there revenge on that bent cop is the best ep out of any tv show i've watched.

It was kind of the ending I was expecting. I mean, there's no way everything could have gone the way it was suppose to, like Clay dying, and Jax and Tara leaving and being happy. It would have been the end of the show. Now Jax is the president and he's stuck dealing arms/drugs and he can't tell anyone in the club, more lies. It's set up perfectly for the next season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It was kind of the ending I was expecting. I mean, there's no way everything could have gone the way it was suppose to, like Clay dying, and Jax and Tara leaving and being happy. It would have been the end of the show. Now Jax is the president and he's stuck dealing arms/drugs and he can't tell anyone in the club, more lies. It's set up perfectly for the next season.
    Very true. I don't think Jax or Tara ever thought they were really going to leave. Kinda one of those things you tell yourself to give hope. I'm liking how Gemma is getting marginalized. The character's been annoying me this whole season. At the end where she's peering out the window where Jax put the letters. You know she's just cooking up some scheme to manipulate more people.

Wasn't the absolutely stunning finale season 3 had, but it did do a good job of setting up next season without ending on a total cliffhanger(looking at you, season 2)...

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Very true. I don't think Jax or Tara ever thought they were really going to leave. Kinda one of those things you tell yourself to give hope. I'm liking how Gemma is getting marginalized. The character's been annoying me this whole season. At the end where she's peering out the window where Jax put the letters. You know she's just cooking up some scheme to manipulate more people.
    Yeah I am not a Gemma fan either it was the only downfall of this last season for me but the rest was good thou I did want Oppie to kill Clay.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    here's some great insight from the man himself about the finale

http://www.youtube.com/user/sutterin.../1/nsUpp9rbk6Y

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    here's some great insight from the man himself about the finale

http://www.youtube.com/user/sutterin.../1/nsUpp9rbk6Y
    You know, I felt the finale woulda been better as a single 90 minute episode...apparently, it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by timestepper View Post
    The only negetive thing I can say about the finale was how long the song/montage thing went for near the end. That 5-8 minutes could have been better used for more action.

[/COLOR]Forgot to mention, I feel sorry for Tig no longer being the right hand and Seargent at Arms but his replacement is definately a good pick.
    I felt the montage was the best part of the episode. I was kinda disappointed with the Finale up until the church scene. (until a few episodes ago, I thought it was leading up to the Series Finale, so I was kinda disappointed that there wasnt some permanent conclusion to this drawnout story).

The setup for next season, "she was the daughter of the baddest gangster blahblahblah" just felt poorly written and poorly delivered. and the posturing of Jemma vs Tara almost ruined the church scene for me, until they tied Tara & Jax into Jemma and JTT.

I dunno my opinions on The House of the Rising Sun. I appreciate that they tried to rework it, but it seemed like the effort was strained and that using a male vocal for a female narrative in a new variant was a major mistake.

And... Godfather anyone ? Maybe that's why the final scene shook me so, because the scene Sons ghosted is so powerful to make even the echos resonate.

I'm not looking forward to next season, but I'll be watching it anyways... there's some great emotion in the writing, but the delivery is shoddy and lacks the elegance of a truly great show.

edit - the whole tig choices was one of the best in the episode, Jax chose the thinking man over the blind follower, with plenty of development and justification over the course of the show's many seasons... but unlike most pivotal scenes in the series, the writers didnt need to explicitly state that.
    Last edited by Halicia; 2011-12-10 at 10:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else hear that Jimmy Smitts is going to be playing a gang leader in the upcoming season? Premiers on Sept 11th. Can't wait!

Season 5 starting in about an hour and 15 mins for me. Can't wait to see what goes down. Good thing my daughter goes to bed at 8 because my wife has made it quite clear to me that I can't watch it unless my daughter is asleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching the new episode now. I kinda forget what was going on last year in the show. Going to take a bit to catch up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tig needs a hug.

This first episode was brutal. What a great start to a season.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Yes, brutal.

Love Jimmy Smitts.

I love how clever and ruthless they made Damon Pope (plus I really like this actor). When he shows SAMCRO that he decides who lives and dies I got chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Traumatize77 View Post
    I love how clever and ruthless they made Damon Pope (plus I really like this actor). When he shows SAMCRO that he decides who lives and dies I got chills.
    You already know the finale is going to be killing him.

Deleted
    Man, i cant wait to get home and watch the new episode!
    Totally forgot about SoA until now, just been 1 episode this season right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    You already know the finale is going to be killing him.
    I actually hope not...but yes it will probably happen

Quote Originally Posted by Traumatize77 View Post
    Clever isn't exactly the word I'd use for him. A clever (and truly evil) man could have exacted the same vengeance, but not been a slave to his vanity and needed everyone to know it was him that was delivering it.

You can argue that Pope *needed* everyone to know he was the man behind the curtain, but I don't think every aspect of this needed his personal touch... He has made enemies for life (which will be shorter then this season runs, I can assure you of that).

15+ Year Old Account
    Episode 2 was amazing. This season is already great. I'm glad Opie decided to come back and go into prison with his boys. They're going to need the protection, especially if the CIA doesn't come through. It doesn't seem to be one of their top priorities.