Thread: Player Housing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It's too bad player housing like we saw in Ultima Online isn't really feasible in WoW.

In UO, player housing was literally integrated into the landscape.
    This had the awesome side-effect of giving each server a unique look and feel, as the housing landscape on any given server was totally different from any other.

There were also tradeskills that you could raise to create furniture. Anyone remember when they added Taxidermy?

That said, I experienced the awesomeness of player housing in UO, and I don't think I'd ever be satisfied with any system that failed to live up to those standards. Since I don't think WoW would be able to do it, I would rather Blizzard focus on things they can do, and make those better.
    I agree it probably would never come close to UO housing if implemented into WoW. One can still dream?
    Such feeble minds..

It's nice to see Stormwind busy again, like in "the good old days" (though admittedly IF was busier then too). Player Housing, at least in the way that most people describe, will lead to the city becoming deserted again as people stick to their personalised houses which is not something I want to encourage.

The reason I think the entire notion of player housing is a non-starter in WoW as compared to other MMO's, is that in WoW, the main functions of player housing in other games are simply performed by the bank. The way the bank works in WoW provides all that functionality already, especially with the introduction of formal guild banks in 2.4, almost completely eliminates all the functionality you could possibly add with player housing, other than the purely cosmetic mini-game that it would become.

Deleted
    DAoC made use of "Guild Housing" Which was awesome, if I wasn't out farming, raiding or PvP'ing, I was sitting in the guild house, crafting, chatting and admiring our trophies. Personally I think its a good idea, anything that creates community harmony is a good idea tbh. WoW has become such a monster machine that community flies out the window unless its a guild, so why not boost guild community? +1 to the idea from me

i too would love a place to take the ladies...

but seriously i wouldnt mind keeping old gear and tabards.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbar View Post
    DAoC made use of "Guild Housing" Which was awesome, if I wasn't out farming, raiding or PvP'ing, I was sitting in the guild house, crafting, chatting and admiring our trophies. Personally I think its a good idea, anything that creates community harmony is a good idea tbh. WoW has become such a monster machine that community flies out the window unless its a guild, so why not boost guild community? +1 to the idea from me
    Yes I like this. Guild housing sounds much more feasible than player housing.
    Such feeble minds..

LOL archeology isn't fun.

But it is a nice idea for rp i guess. Maybe it would take some of em out of goldshire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    I hope they do not implement player housing, ever. It's basically just a whole lot of development time wasted on a huge cosmetic feature.
    Dance Studio cough cough.

Player Housing seems cool. Who wouldn't want to hang all their sweet banked weapons and awards on the wall of their home. It serves no purpose though so I doubt it will ever see the light of day. Then again, assuming they are still "working" on the Dance Studio," I wouldn't be surprised if Player Housing were implemented in the far future. If they think enough people are interested in a stupid feature like the dance studio I am sure there are plenty who would love housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of housing/guildhousing, you could combine it with the other profs aswell, like mining ore or somthing, so that you'd had to accompany peeps in the guild to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbar View Post
    ^ What I was coming here to post...

With the slanted community that the LFD tool and cross-realm instances has created; the ability to commune with your guild members in an exclusive 'zone' would be a solid step in a good direction. Guild-based tools (such as the guild bank, calendar, armory information, etc) could be placed in here.

-Adding visuals to the guild info tab information would be nice, as Warbar eluded to...
    -Blizz could move on to add guild-based crafting only to be used in this zone...
    -Raids could be organized in the guild house and then the group mass-summoned to the zone...
    -PvP implications to guild housing could be added...

Yes, this concept seems a little 'social' or too much like The Sims, but if you have played other MMOs with housing, it has its benefits and, when used properly, can become a useful tool.

Deleted
    I already asked this a few years ago. Also my idea came from Daoc which had imo the best housing ever.
    was on diferent zone. so it could be amplified easily if needed. etc etc...
    got an answer from a GM telling me that they didn't like the idea of ppl beeing in houses and rather prefer them being in a city. see shattrath, dalaran and now orgrimmar

This also reminds me of the badass house I created myself in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and modifying the official plugin house in Oblivion.

I had rooms to lay out all my stuff, a special vendor to buy things at near full price and had lots of gold. . (Morrowind in particular, a lot of vendors had, say 800g, and if you sold them 800g worth of stuff, they'd be out of gold for the day and wouldn't be able to buy any more so I just put a creeper in my basement. ).