Poll: do you miss it?

Thread: do u miss?

10+ Year Old Account

do u miss?

heya all

is there any1 else out there that miss the old vanilla days? when u were still alittle noob and no achives, dks, belf/dreaenei, worgen/goblin and shaman/pala only for horde /alliance

when world PvP actully excisted and when alterac valley lasted for 3 hours (the longest one i was in ^^)

15+ Year Old Account
    The only think I miss about those days is how new the game was to me. Everything was exciting then. Now everything is fairly "meh" since I have seen it all before.

No, I'm happy with me and the game right now

10+ Year Old Account
    oke... i think atleast PvP was more fun back then =/ but i dono... maby thats just me =/

Achievements are fine but need to be tweaked with each xpac. I wasnt in vanilla but BC was vanilla for me. That was my shock and awe. No game is really the same after it starts. WoW is still epic. Could they make things better..hell yea they can.

Alot of stuff is in game now because WE wanted it. Now its too much. Cant kick the gift horse in the mouth. I still miss the BC days because this game was something fresh other than Madden Online/Playstation. I still like the game although I dont like some stuff esp my favorite was Arena skirmishes they took away.

I may have went off topic but I believe we all miss the days when when you did the little things and the big things took care of itself. And when pvp was probably more fun. I like world pvp when it happens but it is really rare. I thought Twilight highlands where the wildhammer are you should be flagged for pvp but thats just me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla Wow, when each class had one spec that functioned, when world pvp existed by was dominated by 2 classes, when gear was terribly itemized, when BG queues took hours and then the game took several more hours. Ya, sure do miss Vanilla.

The only things I miss about Vanilla WoW was how epic it felt as my first MMO especially MC and BWL and Hunter pets all being very different from each other even in each family. Being able to customize for a fast swing, small hit pet and a long swing time, big hit pet was great. Oh and racial specific priest spells. Always thought those were pretty sweet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss educated people.

Also nothing... As I didn't play in Vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

not really most of the things they have done with this game are better than vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    oke... i think atleast PvP was more fun back then =/ but i dono... maby thats just me =/
    I think it depends on the class you played. If you were in the subset of classes which were viable in pvp, ya it was incredible back in the pre-resilience, pre-arena days. If you were in the subset of classes that were just awful at pvp, then it probably wasn't as enjoyable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    heya all

is there any1 else out there that miss the old vanilla days? when u were still alittle noob and no achives, dks, belf/dreaenei, worgen/goblin and shaman/pala only for horde /alliance

when world PvP actully excisted and when alterac valley lasted for 3 hours (the longest one i was in ^^)

I miss the 24 hour av games. I miss every warrior/shaman/pally running around with TUF. I miss having people worship me like a god for spending 14 hrs a day playing wow(having epics)
    I miss all the lag and instability most of all. Doing the "loot scoot" for hours was fun.

I miss my warrior fearing unlimited number of mobs(av madness) and WW+classic sword spec+hOj proccing for over 100k.(sword spec procced sword spec procced sword spec(i could technically go on forever gogo RNG)
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    on my server 1 min PvP que was long =P so... i always got into PVP and i have always just liked the "fight" dont rly care if we win or not as long as the fight is long =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss being a rogue and beating geared players while naked wielding 2 +INT maces.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    i started with tbc, but it would be fun to actually get to summon the tree guys in AV
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Since i started in early TBC i can't say much for Vanilla but after hearing some of my friends who DID raid during that time complain about how grinding it was to get gear and people to down the higher end stuff it just makes me glad i missed it

PvP was never my thing just didn't appeal to me that much so it would've been meh to me

Sure Vanilla had its shock value and it definately had to feel like epics really were epic to have after working so hard for them but it just took more time then what people can give even the hardest of the core can only put in so much time before they realize its not worth it anymore

Deleted
    I miss the feeling of awe, the feeling that you get the first time you stepped into an mmo and the feeling of knowing nothing at all and experiencing it with the other noobs around you. That's pretty much it I guess. The game itself was far from perfect as most old timer's try to make it sound to be especially when you compare it to what it is right now. Think frost mages are op right now? Imagine being stun locked from 100% hp till you die by a rogue in starting gear. Or getting two shotted by warriors. Granted I keyboard turned and played with a laptop touchpad.

10+ Year Old Account
    not rly the response i was expecting but ^^ GG