Thread: Need Arena Help

Need Arena Help

So I'm trying to get to 2k rated, and I'm a frost mage. Some people have told me that I need to keybind and mouseturn or else I will struggle to get my rating. Currently I have about half of my abilites binded, and I mouse click various other frequently used moves, and I'm stuck at 1750. What is the advice from good pvp'rs?
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Do you keyboard turn or do you turn with your mouse? Keyboard turning is a big no-no.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

- Use keybinds for every ability (besides buffs , mounts )
    - Don't keyboard turn or backpeddle
    - Watch some frost mage 2v2 videos to see what they do

And Good Luck

No I keyboard turn, it feels akward and I feel like it should be a personal preference...

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 10:31 PM ----------

mouse turning feels akward**
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    No I keyboard turn, it feels akward and I feel like it should be a personal preference...

Well you HAVE to learn . At first it can feel weird but once you get the hang of it it's much much more effective .

If you are not kidding, practice until you get used to mouse turning then. It makes a BIG difference no matter what you play.

If you get used to turning with your mouse, one day you will look back at keyboard turning and laugh...
    Last edited by shadowboxer123; 2011-08-17 at 03:38 AM.

Thank you for the advice. I actually play a disc priest in 3's with a feral and mage. I got into a small argument on how to improve our mage's playstyle with him and a friend (whose bad at pvp) and they both said that keyboard turning/half keybinding weren't holding the mage (and thus the group) back. More over, they pretty much boasted about how it's not a big deal. Arguing over how to play a video game makes me feel like less of a human..., so to end it I posted here to try and end the debate.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the advice. I actually play a disc priest in 3's with a feral and mage. I got into a small argument on how to improve our mage's playstyle with him and a friend (whose bad at pvp) and they both said that keyboard turning/half keybinding weren't holding the mage (and thus the group) back. More over, they pretty much boasted about how it's not a big deal. Arguing over how to play a video game makes me feel like less of a human..., so to end it I posted here to try and end the debate.
    If he refuses to, drop him until he practices. Not to be mean, or anything.

You'll probably end up with a better Mage anyway.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-08-17 at 05:13 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say you master not keyboard turning... that isn't auto 2000 rating it doesn't work that way. If your playing in the skill pool of keyboard pros then I suggest you find better company.

Deleted
    First off all, this is MMO-Champ, 90% are 1550 scrub's, first mistake.
    Second one, you actually tell us you've a noobsign over you head, I click.
    BIND EVERYTHING, Dont waste those important seconds clicking, focus on cc stuff else getting your mouse over the spell.
    LAST , go to www.arenajunkies.com to actually learn pvp, Else google.