10+ Year Old Account

Question Rift : Same type of rifts? too same? opinions? viruses?

I was wondering for those who are/have played Rift, do you find the types of rifts to appear too similar? is there a trend?

Also, have you experienced any malware / viruses with Rift? Because ever since I played Maplestory I've been leery about other mmo's (Maplestory killed my whole computer system)

So far it looks fun, I haven't tried it but I want to find out more form other players before deciding. The graphics of the rifts look amazing, much better than anything in WoW. from the videos I've watched, I also love how the rift encounter changes from the players' different interactions. I just wish though that some of the beast/mob's movement graphics were a little cleaned up though
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Well, bear in mind it's still in beta and anything can still change, even this close to release date.

I myself have been playing it, and the player experience is very good. It gets you involved right from the get go with the whole rifts opening, and the invasions. The class system gives you a good amount of choice and let's you combine talent trees (called Souls) anyway you want.

In regards to your question, the rifts ARE different. The fire one scorches the earth, the life one kinda puts what looks like thick growth, like moss on the ground. Haven't seen any other kinds yet. Also, if you look up at the opening of the rifts (which is the most spectacular part) they all have different models; like the fire ones looks like an upside down volcano pouring out magma, and if I remember correctly, the life one looks like an overgrown tree trunk with branches and flowers coming off it.

The visuals are very nice. The only thing I have an issue with at this stage, as you pointed out, is the animation is a little off in some places. For the most part it's ok, but after awhile you do notice things.

To conclude, Rift is looking good, plays good, and looking forward to seeing some "end game" content in it. It plays EXACTLY like WoW too, right down to the key bindings, windows and layout, so it's really easy to pick up and play.
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Would the Rift you abolish at the beginning represent death? I've gotten viruses from downloading the Rift beta

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert the Strategist View Post
    Would the Rift you abolish at the beginning represent death? I've gotten viruses from downloading the Rift beta
    Malware? Where did you download it from? o_O
    Can't spell 'NICE BALANCE' without Ice Lance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Fire Rifts:

Earth:

Death:

Water:

Air:
    WOW! Hands down these are much more amazing graphics than anything I've seen in WoW! Thanks for all the info guys, I'm a little skeptical still of the virus thing though?
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel