Poll: Going to Blizzcon this year?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will you go to Blizzcon this year?

Well, title says it all. Will you go and if so, how will you get there? I'm in the United Kingdom currently and I'm broke so I really can't say whether I'm going, but regardless of that I'll probably skip. My idea of a good time doesn't mean getting stuffed in a crowded set of corridors with people just as or twice as sweaty as I am :P

Riftcon maybe. or Starcon?

must see the hermit again

I'll be watching it from home on my computer.

Virtual Ticket Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Probably not, i have given enough money to blizzard.

Hell no; blizzcon gets worse every year

Deleted
    No it costs to much also i could never be in a plane from EU to the US would take to long >.>

Four years running thus far, it'd be a shame to break the streak. 'Sides, it's a good excuse to take the wife on a vacation close to our anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone every year and would really like to go again but may not due to conflicts this year :'(

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Live 10 minutes from Anahiem and have zero desire to go to that nerd fest.

15+ Year Old Account
    nope im traveling else where all year.

Going to try to go if i get a ticket/have enough money. We'll see though, would be my first one.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslap/advanced
    Tera - Kuroneko - 60 Berserker - Mount Tyrannas, Active since CB1

Deleted
    I wonder how will Blizzard troll the alliance players this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been to blizzcon before I wanted to go to the last one but wasn't able to I'll see if I will be able to go this year just to see what it is like.

Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    I wonder how will Blizzard troll the alliance players this year.
    Cataclysm isn't enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably get the live stream as I did this year, and watch it with a few friends over the days it's on.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzei View Post
    Cataclysm isn't enough?
    Nah, cataclysm is from last year's alliance trolling as they revealed it there along with the "Have mercy!" warcry. Now it's gotta be something new. I'm sure Metzen can think of something insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much of a nerf fest. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Drelka View Post
    Going to try to go if i get a ticket/have enough money. We'll see though, would be my first one.
    Was pretty excited to go to my 1st one. Last year. Totally bombed. Would never go again, nothing new that you won't find here for free and much more in-detail (without fat nerds jumping into you to get better seats), and nothing exciting to do while there except smell BO and Cigarettes.

Blizzcon for me, has simply gotten worse every year, seems very much like a real life Trade Chat.
    Not to mention is gets bigger every year with less to do, and less incentive to actually go.
    At one point is was a real treat and you were rewarded for showing your loyalty with awesome prizes in-game or out, and it was an experience you walked away from satisfied and content.

2010 especially was very disappointing for me, with little to nothing of real value that I didn't already know from this website or another.
    The merchandise vendors got real cheap with their prizes and freebies, not to mention the vendor games you could play were worse than a church carnival with an hour long+ wait at any given time.

The overall freebie list seemed rather short while the advertisement list was the longest I have ever seen it, they must still be paying out the ass for Ozzy Osbourne from the year before (which, in my opinion also sucked). A lame statue (though, not as lame as the n00b doll) and a lame pet that didn't even work until a later hotfix, that everyone in the world got so it's not even like the novelty of having it as a door prize (like the Murloc suite).

All of the panels I attended were boring and full of stale information with the exception of maybe the Dungeons and Raids panel.
    The Q&A sessions came off to me like the devs couldn't care less about anything anyone had to say.
    The were short and even semi-rude to nearly everyone, save for Red Shirt Guy, but that's only because he showed them up.

The build of Cata and D3 available for play was just about the same as the build available for play at Blizzcon 09, with an even longer waiting line.
    Not to forget the completely failed "Pre-Sale" at the online-store where they royally messed up my order and I didn't even receive my merchandise until January of THIS YEAR, and then they got the order wrong.

All in all I think they are more after our wallets these days than making anything a real enjoyable experience like it was the first few years, I will always remember them fondly, but I think 2010 was my last Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Gsusnme; 2011-02-08 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Formatting.
    This is a signature, only a signature. And nothing else.