Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz View Post
    Numbers and facts would like to have a word with you.

I am a Rift fan, but I'm just sayin.
    Numbers, sure, I'll give you -that- much. But I'd hardly declare WoW the Champion of MMO's, if anything, I'd declare it Champion of Great Advertising
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    I agree. This is MMO-Champion, not WoW-Champion, even if that is the main focus. WoW elitism will always be present, but it's completely unnecessary. Giving Rift a forum would facilitate some friendly discussion.

Also I hadn't even see your signature before writing my first sentence, funny coincidence.
    Too true, Too True.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexxil View Post
    If any MMO has "Champion" title, it would be everquest, as it's features are still seen through out MMO's today. It pioneered a lot of the crap you have now. But hey that's my opinion, much like it is yours to believe WoW is the "Champion"
    Theres no need to be hostile. This is the reason why many people don't care about the RIFT fans when they ask for something, its because you attack people when you are backed into a corner due to their inability to actually prove anything.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 03:10 AM ----------

Numbers, sure, I'll give you -that- much. But I'd hardly declare WoW the Champion of MMO's, if anything, I'd declare it Champion of Great Advertising
    Its beaten out EVERY other MMO. I think that means its the champion. Also, read my post before continuing with this stupid argument. This goes for both sides. Arguing as to whether or not it is the MMO "champion" is daft.

10+ Year Old Account
    If other MMOs do not have their own sub forums I don't see why Rift should have one. It's not anything special. Sure, all the "Zomg Rift is awesomesauce u guyz and a WoWkiller 4 sure" are a bit annoying, but they'll stop appearing in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Theres no need to be hostile. This is the reason why many people don't care about the RIFT fans when they ask for something, its because you attack people when you are backed into a corner due to their inability to actually prove anything.
    Not exactly where I'm being hostile, nor did I state anywhere that I'm a Rift fan.

But if you like baseless assumptions, then that's your thing man, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Do you think I'm some kind of idiot? I care very little for your cowardly passive aggression. If you have something to say to me, say it to me and don't make passing smart mouth remarks. Also, if that's what you call reasoning, you don't even know the meaning of the word.

Until the leader of this site changes publicly declares a change in his intentions for this site, it's a WoW site. If you want to talk about Rift, go to a damn Rift forum.

Measures shouldn't have to be taken to "get rid of" 5000 rift threads, it's just as much against the rules as flaming/trolling is, and as such has no place here. One or two threads, sure, but 10+? Fuck no.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 02:48 AM ----------

Contrary to popular belief, humour does not make up for complete and utter ignorance.
    I am quessing intelligent people are only the ones who agree with you. I am merely againest the typical "emperor" attitude people have, and thinking you're opinion has more weight than others is just as ignorant, that attitude creates almost every form of evil on the earth.

The thing about arrogance is, it's only fooling the one whos arrogant.
    Last edited by Zadiell; 2011-02-08 at 03:17 AM.

As has been stated likely here, and in past threads for the same topic, it will not happen:

When the site name was created, and WoW became the focus, it was just easier for Boub to keep it as such, so that should another game eventually take it's place, the site name still works fine.

This IS a WoW site. Not a WoW and Others Site, as you seem to imply. I'm quite sure that Curse will add a Rift fanstie to their roster, if they haven't already. So really, stop begging for what you will never get here, and go talk to Curse about it. They run a mass network of major MMO sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadiell View Post
    I don't take people who complain with such passion about petty things that serious, I am sorry. If you were putting this much passion into something relevant, like world hunger, or human rights, etc, I would respect you, otherwise it's pathetic.
    Alright Zadiell. You insulted my intelligence with your passive aggressive bullshit, and I don't appreciate that at all. You think I am passionate? Eloquence and articulation come naturally to me, it doesn't require passion on my part, language is one of my...passions You'd love to act above it all, indifferent and uncaring, but you've already proven to me that you are emotionally invested in this the moment you decided to be passive aggressive towards me. So let's stop the bullshit, you don't like me and I don't like you, we can just leave it at that instead of fucking around with sad little games. You were the aggressor, but I am willing to put that all aside if you are. We're both pissed off at eachother and want to one-up eachother, but that's a complete waste of time and is irrelevant to the subject at hand, so let's forget about that.

Let's be civilised, let's be mature and set aside our differences. Let's talk about the subject at hand. Propose your reasoning as to why you think Rift warrants a sub-forum in a WoW website, over let's say, LOTRO, SWTOR, etc. Explain to me with objective reasoning as to why I am mistaken, and i assure you that I will accept it if your reasoning proves to be true and correct.
    "The truth, my goal."

Not exactly where I'm being hostile, nor did I state anywhere that I'm a Rift fan.

But if you like baseless assumptions, then that's your thing man, go for it.
    There you go again. You are pretending to be passive while attempting to get others riled up. You are attempting to make other people hostile in order to make yourself seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathiel View Post
    This needs to happen otherwise all the Rift-haters are going to continuing QQ'ing and abuse everyone. The Rift topics are all correctly located in the Off Topic -> Video Games forum, and even still, the haters are stressing out about it blocking their precious view of other threads.

A Rift sub-forum will solve A LOT of problems for BOTH sides of the argument.

I would agree with you if MMO Champion was still about all MMO's, but it has been about WoW for a long, long, long time. If you wish to discuss Rift, the off topic forums are the place, or another forum site altogether.

Its because they join a World of Warcraft dedicated website to talk about RIFT and then ask for a forum dedicated for RIFT rather than actually going onto a RIFT dedicated website. All while its still in the BETA. I know, its kind of a logic fail.
    Your logic fails there, since I joined in July 2010. And even so, I've used this site for years, and played WoW for years too.

The reason people are talking about Rift here is cos they're all WoW players. And they're talking about it here because they want to get the opinions of their fellow WoW players in regards to Rift. And I would like to think that people value other people's judgement on the matter, but frankly, this is all getting out of hand, and it's turned from discussion to flame war.
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

Its beaten out EVERY other MMO. I think that means its the champion. Also, read my post before continuing with this stupid argument. This goes for both sides. Arguing as to whether or not it is the MMO "champion" is daft.
    "Beaten"? In sales? Again, "Champion of Great Advertising". Ask the players of EVE about WoW, I assure you they won't think WoW is the champion of anything.

The entirety of my original post was to point out the poor logic at stating "MMO-Champion is a WoW fansite because WoW is the Champion of MMO's".

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 10:17 PM ----------

There you go again. You are pretending to be passive while attempting to get others riled up. You are attempting to make other people hostile in order to make yourself seem right.
    And you're attempting to get me riled up to make yourself seem right. See how that works out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boub said in TBC, or around there, that due to the demand for WoW info that MMO-Champ would become a WoW dedicated site, which also makes that argument invalid.
    Pics or it didnt happen. Stop taking random crap out of your ass and back up your words for once...

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Why not? As said above, the name of the website is MMO CHAMPION. Rift is getting a lot of attention lately, I haven't seen any videos for it or anything but I know a lot of people are excited about it. Just because Blizzard is in competition with their Developer doesn't mean WE have to be. I hate that elitist attitude. Why not make forums for popular MMOs? The discussion would just happen elsewhere and clutter up the more broadly-focused forums. With individual forums, you could have Moderators with interest in those games, and they would be better moderated for that reason.
    name is meaningless i can call my shit icecream, will you then eat it?
    no, at least i hope you don't that would be very weird even by my standards.
    MMO-champion is the WoW forum when it comes to breaking information and coverage.

also rift is currently FotM, if MMO-champ made a sub-forum for it it would go unused in 4 months.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-02-08 at 03:28 AM.

Your logic fails there, since I joined in July 2010. And even so, I've used this site for years, and played WoW for years too.

The reason people are talking about Rift here is cos they're all WoW players. And they're talking about it here because they want to get the opinions of their fellow WoW players in regards to Rift. And I would like to think that people value other people's judgement on the matter, but frankly, this is all getting out of hand, and it's turned from discussion to flame war.
    Its not really much of a logic fail on my part. If you HAVE been yousing MMO-Champ for years then you would know that it became a WoW dedicated site in TBC. The fact is that most people are complaining about WoW "elitism" when nearly every person who comes on to MMO-Champ to talk about RIFT essentially says "WoW is bad, RIFT is good". You cannot argue that is what most of them are saying, usually in more words. Then there is the fact that the RIFT players see anyone who disagrees with them as "elitist" because their opinion differs. If you come onto a WoW dedicated site and say "WoW sucks" then prepare to be flamed. Thats like walking into a cage with hungry lions in it wearing a suit made of raw steak. Also, if you hadn't noticed, most of the RIFT players are EX WoW players. That being said, read my original post.

Before Rift gets anything it will first need to prove itself. Every game that lasts has had to prove that it is worth a true fansite and Rift is no different. If Rift shows that it is a deep enough game then you will see new fansites and forums show up but just because its in beta does not mean it gets placed ahead of other games that are still working on their reputation. Wow had to earn its spot os MMO Champions' main MMO so if you want Rift to last then make them earn their place among MMOs as well.

"Beaten"? In sales? Again, "Champion of Great Advertising". Ask the players of EVE about WoW, I assure you they won't think WoW is the champion of anything.

The entirety of my original post was to point out the poor logic at stating "MMO-Champion is a WoW fansite because WoW is the Champion of MMO's".

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 10:17 PM ----------

And you're attempting to get me riled up to make yourself seem right. See how that works out?
    I couldn't care less if you get riled up. It wont help either side of the argument.

Also, you are acting like sales have nothing to do with who wins and loses in the gaming world. Sorry to say, but he who has the most sales is the champion MMO in every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaru View Post
    Just because WoW appeases the masses doesn't mean it's the Champion of anything, except for the Title, "First MMO for Blind People" Yes it's that easy
    Your armoury disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen. Stop taking random crap out of your ass and back up your words for once...
    If you actually read MMO-Champion in TBC you would know this information. Hell, a majority of people who didn't even know this site existed in TBC know this. Ask a moderator if you want. I'm not going to dig for information to satisfy people who want to start flame wars.

irregardless there is a fan forum dedicated to rift, go there.
    your asking for a redundant non supported sub-forum, on the biggest fan run site of anouther game.
    as soon as the rift forums open a WoW sub forum sure, of course that will never happen.