Thread: MD macro

MD macro

Hi we have to tanks called sclink and mauiwowiie can someone plz help me make 2 Misdirection macros for the

/target sclink
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

/target mauiwowiie
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    ^ Beat me to it, and his is better

/target sclink
    /cast Misdirect

I think something like that. I have a same one for casting it on my pet ^^

Thx guys for the kindness and quick answers

Deleted
    /cast [target=sclink] Misdirection

/cast [target=mauiwowiie] Misdirection

Less hassle, because your actual target will not swap even for a second (if you have "stop auto-attack" for target-swapping turned on, swapping physical targets will cancel auto-shot; the option is also good to have toggled, as Hunters seem to always ninja-pull by Tabbing or by auto-acquiring a target just as the previous trash pack has died).

/cast [@Sclink,nodead] Misdirection
    /cast [@Mauiwowiie,nodead] Misdirection

/use [@Sclink,nodead] Misdirection
    /use [@Mauiwowiie,nodead] Misdirection

less letters

Deleted
    Now you two are just parading your macro syntax skillz, hehe. But yes, the technically most optimal is the one presented by touche, who lives up to his account name in this thread.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip [@Sclink, nodead][@Mauiwowiie,nodead][]Misdirection
    /cast [@Sclink, nodead][@Mauiwowiie,nodead]Misdirection
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by Andergard View Post
    Now you two are just parading your macro syntax skillz, hehe. But yes, the technically most optimal is the one presented by touche, who lives up to his account name in this thread.
    Except that he comes around 12 minutes after me and posts exactly the same thing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip [@Sclink, nodead][@Mauiwowiie,nodead][]Misdirection
    /cast [@Sclink, nodead][@Mauiwowiie,nodead]Misdirection
    Touche.
    I might just be reading into it too much but I think he wants two different ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terenas Menethil View Post
    Except that he comes around 12 minutes after me and posts exactly the same thing.
    Actually, it's not the same thing. It's two chracters less.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenas Menethil View Post
    I might just be reading into it too much but I think he wants two different ones.
    Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Actually, it's not the same thing. It's two chracters less.
    Lol quick glance + late night = my bad. Didn't know you could use /use to cast a spell.

Could add a modifier to the combined macro to allow easy selecting of which tank to MD.

Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /use [@Sclink,nodead,mod:alt][@Mauiwowiie,nodead]Misdirection
    Holding Alt would cause MD to be used on Sclink, just pressing the macro would cast on Mauiwowiie.

Could also use:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@Sclink,nodead,mod:alt][@Mauiwowiie,nodead][]Misdirection
    Which is the same as above but will MD your target if selected tank is dead or doesn't exist (allows you to use the same macro when in dungeons etc without the tanks)

Or even:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@Sclink,nodead,mod:alt][@Mauiwowiie,nodead][@focus,help][]Misdirection
    Same as above but will cast on your focus if you have one, helpful if for example you're running a random dungeon and set the tank to focus.

And finally:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl][@Sclink,nodead,mod:alt][@Mauiwowiie,nodead][@focus,help][]Misdirection
    Same as the above but holding Ctrl will override the macro completely to cast on target, handy for MDing to an unusual target, e.g. to a kiting DPS.

May well be overcomplicating things, but I was bored and it took up a couple of minutes of my time.
    Last edited by Judge40; 2011-02-08 at 10:42 AM.