Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were too far away from the adds as they were spawning. They have a minimum range. You were past it. This was your mistake, not a problem with the encounter.

Deleted
    I've seen it a couple of times. We just have me and the other tank, tank our targets at the opposite side of the room. That way, the dps have time to kill the add with ease and without me kiting the add.

It might've been like Magmaw, if the tank is not close enough, he'll eat the closest guys' face.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsdeath View Post
    First, the damage isn't insane while solo tanking it, Most times I don't even have to use any cooldowns. I had maybe four epics the first time I solo tanked Omnitron, if your healers can't handle it, there is something seriously wrong. Second, two tanks on Magmaw? That is a joke, right? Do you also use 2 tanks on Valiona and Theralion?
    wow just wow..... u should really look at the thread title and OP's comment. next time dont just go about saying "You can totally solo tank this you are wasting your time blah blah blah" seriously 2 tanks are fine but solo tanking both construct can be a problem cause u might have a class that cleaves like mages living bomb ect......
    the problem isnt how fast u kill the boss but the toxitron add fixiate the toxitron tank which then blows the current tank and dps around it.
    the way we do this is by taking the toxitron target move away from boss when it channel cast the add

10+ Year Old Account
    I have downed Omnitron 5 times now and solo tanked it every time. I have never had them fixate on me. If you aren't solo tanking this you are doing it wrong.
    Most ridiculous comment i've seen so far on this topic, why would you even want to do that? Do you enjoy gimping, let's say Frost DK's with their Rime procs? They can't HB because you choose not to run two tanks, on what obviously should be a two-tank encounter. Do you think it's any easier on your healers when you use one tank instead of two? I'd reckon it's even harder with the damage spikes that would be going, having to heal you up because you're taking tons of damage, as well as healing the raid damage.

Also, please don't tell other people that they are wrong and act like only your opinion matters, I have done this fight at least 5 times already, and we've two-tanked it, and downed it every single time. We don't even take more than 6 minutes for this encounter.
    I like being asian :3

it is normal, happens all the time for us, you just gotta focus those ones down first otherwise your tank will get owned

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 07:35 AM ----------

I have downed Omnitron 5 times now and solo tanked it every time. I have never had them fixate on me. If you aren't solo tanking this you are doing it wrong.
    and i hope your healers and dps have fun on this fight since you cant cleave the 2nd boss