10+ Year Old Account

Warlock BIS list

Since i am no longer apart of my guild, I thought i would share this with some fellow warlocks, this is just a list of the gear that gives potentially the highest dps.

As of tomorrow the new meta will be 54int 3% increased crit damage for all warlock specs, on top of that i think the bracer enchant is going to be 50int over 65 haste.

My BIS list can be found here at this nifty site called chardev8 this is where i figured out the best possible option for my character in terms of gear i had, and access too. now i could go the simcraft way but the dps from both profiles are pretty even.

Affliction or Destruction, Demonology

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=31528

:Note this is based on if you have engineering and do not wish to go with the tier helm which is inferior to the googles till hardmode loot and various other items. Now my gear being my gear may not be the best idea for all players so i recommend going for the Simcraft BIS as mine is more subject to change as i update my profile on a regular basis.

:Note Using Heart of Ignacious would be a dps increase for affliction over the Bell as of 4.0.6 for my engineering BIS.

SimCraft BIS (359)

Now the simcraft BIS gear is diffent in that it goes for 17% hit exactly, there is no stat wasted in the (359) set it can be viewed here at my super cool site

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=31535

this set offers 42 more spell power and .85 mastery which is not much, but has less crit and haste then my BIS set for engineering

SimCraft BIS (372)

This set is what all warlocks should be going for once we start getting hardmode loot into the raid, now we might not be able to get all this gear by the end of this tier, but its something to work towards in the long run

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=31555

:note the planetary band of Flameblaze is there since the site does not show all the different combinations of rings you can obtain from Throne of the Four Winds but the one used by simcraft is called Planetary band of Wildfire which has these stats 321sta_214int_143hit_143crit,reforge=crit_haste.

Now with 4.0.6 the gear list has changed somewhat for affliction and destruction with the removal of the 15% haste from Improved soul fire making haste very powerful for both specs and our 4set bonus being changed to be worthwhile should you be able to obtain it, so with the 372 BIS list simply switch out the gloves for the tier ones.

:note the main hand for BIS (372) has changed to stormwake_the_tempests_reach_of_the_wildfire,heroic=1,ilevel=372,quality=epic stats=2207sp 247sta 165int 110hit 110crit as of 4.0.6. If a weapon drops that has the stats haste hit it would be more benificial for you to take this over the current one EJ has in the profile, as haste>crit as of 4.0.6.

I hope some of you get some use out of this atleast, for now enjoy wow guys i myself am going to take a much needed break from raiding
    Last edited by crazyness; 2011-02-08 at 10:29 AM.

Why is the crit trinket better than the haste trinket from council?

10+ Year Old Account
    becasue the haste one from council can not be reforged into hit in the 359 BIS gear list, as you can see to get to 17% on the dot you need both trinkets reforged to hit, now in my engineering spec it would be a dps increase for affliction but not destruction if i remeber correctly.
    Last edited by crazyness; 2011-02-08 at 09:08 AM.

You don't need both trinkets reforged to hit. In this case you will have to change some items to be hitcapped, but in the result all stats will be approximately the same as yours, except you won't have 4t11 bonus. But now there no sense to have it, In 4.0.6 things will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly this is more for 4.0.6 anyway, by all means change stuff around its a good steping stone for those who want to be pointed in the right direction

@ destro
    Wouldnt the haste/hit stuff from alákir be better suited then crit ?
    Seeing the 372 destro EJ numbers, haste is worth 1.37 vs crit 1.23, while having haste threshold (2589/20,22%) and 14% crit.

And is al'akir loot is so uber random, someone should do the math :P.

And nice collection, was checking around for bis so I dont take items I replace in the end .
    ||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvix View Post
    @ destro
    Wouldnt the haste/hit stuff from alákir be better suited then crit ?
    Seeing the 372 destro EJ numbers, haste is worth 1.37 vs crit 1.23, while having haste threshold (2589/20,22%) and 14% crit.

And is al'akir loot is so uber random, someone should do the math :P.

And nice collection, was checking around for bis so I dont take items I replace in the end .
    thanks

i was wondering the same thing, like i assume it would be better, but my collection of data is from simcraft BIS profiles, and since Al'akir is random loot and you may never see a haste hit weapon in your raid, (now should that happen go for it by all means). Ill fix that right now.

This is the set I'll be shooting for: http://chardev.org/?profile=36713

Regarding random loot from Al'Akir, the chances of getting loot with haste+hit is zero. Here's a list with possible outcomes on your random loot on Wowpedia.