Thread: Prot question

Prot question

Anyone have an idea if I should be aiming to get 4pc set bonus as a prot warrior?

at the moment i have 3/5 (shoulder,chest,gloves) and I have enough valor points to buy the pants..

Deleted
    If you already got 3/5, then by all means pick them up.

The set bonus is great for a few encounters, you can use it to "prepare" for Crackles on Nefarian and have it active during the Crackle. It lasts for the entire duration of the life dude's buffed state on the Conclave, and it's invaluable for fights like Halfus HC or Chimaeron HC. I'm sure it's great on more encounter but I haven't seen them all yet.

Deleted
    I've seen quite a few arguments over the issue and no real consensus has come out of it, whether or not the 4pc is better or worse than just pure avoidance that you gain by using off-pieces. I think it has a lot to do with the encounter, like Iyona said, and also personal preference. I think you get more passive avoidance from off-pieces but the 4pc set bonus grants a lot of extra mitigation as well, and a measure of control when you choose to use that mitigation. So you can go either way I think, and neither is technically wrong.