Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    silent hill: homecoming. loved the nights of play with my headphones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia is the scariest game because it is realistic.

If a zombie apocalypse was to take place, in the real world you wouldnt have the comfort of a million guns at your disposal.

It's hard to be scared when your rambo with infinite ammo. Unfortunately, not many game developers have understood that.

The horror genre was hijacked by the action genre

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Amnesia is the scariest game because it is realistic.

If a zombie apocalypse was to take place, in the real world you wouldnt have the comfort of a million guns at your disposal.

It's hard to be scared when your rambo with infinite ammo. Unfortunately, not many game developers have understood that.

The horror genre was hijacked by the action genre
    Exactly my sentiments. I can't see how Dead Space, or Fear is scary other than the things that pop out. You have a gun, shit pops out, well you can kill it. In Amnesia, whatever decides to pop out, well... you can't do anything, other than run for your life, and try to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

10+ Year Old Account

the mannequins omg i still have nightmares lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adelbern View Post
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Ravenholm in Half-Life 2 yet.

Alex: 'Oh, thats the passage to Ravenholm. We don't go there anymore'.

5 minutes later after the base is attacked, you're alone in the passafe to Ravenholm. Yeh....ain't lookin' so good now. First time through, wow... The screams of the fast zombies over the rooftops, and then later when you hear the scream followed by wild footsteps and it charges out of the dark at you. Not all zombies are slow and shambling.

When I went there, all I used was the gravity gun and a big ass saw blade.

I'll show you who's crabbin' who's head!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was scared so much by Amnesia: The Dark Descent, that I could only play it in 5-10 minute intervals, solely because the game just messes with your mind to the point where you have no clue what is really happening and the next thing you know a piano is playing - but not really.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

I was fairly young when Doom 3 came out (like 11?), and that shit used to scare me. Switching between flashlight and gun, only to find a monster suddenly in front of you. Recently, nothing has been that scary, but Doom 3 sticks out for me.

Amnesia is pretty scary especially if you play in a dark room while wearing headphones creepy!

Amnesia hands down, followed by Silent Hill, then F.E.A.R, and Dead Space.

Played amnesia, it is a good game and it does scare you from time to time.
    However, Minecraft just makes me shit my pants :C

Why not Eternal Darkness: sanity's requiem IT PRETENDED TO RESTART YOUR system AND pretended to change the channel on your tv. or psycho mantis from MGS1, there's a boss that really screwed with ya. Dead Space used shadows and little movements to MAX effect. just the way something would flit in the corner of your eye was just unsettling

Deleted
    Silent hill.. back when i got it i was around.. 13? couldnt read much of the english riddles ect. but luckily my english teacher told me some tricks to pass by some of it (he played it as well :P)

but so far thats the scariest game.. i havnt played the more recent versions though. only the first one.

Would love to get a new silent hill for the ps3. (does that exist?)

as for pc games.. hmm not really any scary. been creeply entertained by dead space but thats it

Haven't played many recent horror games, but the original Clock Tower for SNES is remarkably terrifying for a game of its time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the game cube...is fucking scary as shit man. Especially if you get up into the higher insanity levels.

For some reason, Bioshock scare me as well. I can't play that game for very long without turning it off. Even during broad daylight. :\

Quote Originally Posted by NerdsRSexi2 View Post
    Doom. 'nuff said. xDDDDD
    idd! Doom 1 is fucking nervbreaking

Minecraft. It's the raw sounds that creep me out. Also the fact that there is no save/load; once you die you have to go back to get back your precious inventory. Adds a lot of risk.

Deleted
    im gonna go Old school with Half-life first series..Damn those creeps jumping at your face, and ur alone in a dark room at night.. Scaaaary shizzle

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definately F.E.A.R for me. I played it only at night times, with the sound up full and full 7.1 surround sound.

When you walk down the school corridor in F.E.A.R 2 and the lockers all start to rattle, the lights start to shimmer and the children noises start... yea. I admit I jumped a little.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft. I can't seem to kick this addiction.

Silent hill still scares the sh*t out of me! F.E.A.R. isn't bad either, Dead Space is definitely up there with the others too